Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 14th, 2024, 01:33 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Islandscape 2024 Pods

Well met!

For Islandscape this July:

Bring 4 pods of figures between 150 and 200 points. Players will draft 3 pods each, 1-2-2-1. Randomized order for who selects first, or players may agree between themselves. Players may not draft duplicates of unique figures.

• All official units, C3V, and SoV units are approved for play, with the exception of superheroes. AoA proxied units will be allowed!

Wondering what you all think of these pods.

The first contains only melee figures. No issues as far as I can see.

Prince al'Kahora (80), Bahadur (120);
Kozil (130), Martial La Hire (70);
Ninjas of the Northern Wind (110), Kumiko (80), Isamu (10);
Kozuke Samurai (100), Shiori (60), Siiv (40)

Below is something else. It dictates a draft strategy, yes? Maybe not as much fun to draft.

Tomb Skeleton Archers x 3 (90), Moriko (110);
Tomb Skeleton Archers x 3 (90), Akumaken (110);
Tomb Skeleton Archers x 3 (90), Ninjas of the Northern Wind (110);
Tomb Skeleton Archers x 3 (90), Tetraites (110)

Maybe even less fun:

Dividers x 4 (200);
Dividers x 4 (200);
Dividers x 4 (200);
Dividers x 4 (200)

Last edited by kolakoski; April 15th, 2024 at 10:37 AM.
Old April 15th, 2024, 10:53 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker
Re: Islandscape 2024 Pods

You are so much more deranged than I ever gave you credit for, and I apologize for not seeing it sooner.

I think I'm going to bring back one thing in the IS XIII rules - you CAN draft a unique unit twice across pods, but can only field one of them. Might have to set a limit on hex bases per pod as well, more like 9 or 10, instead of 7.

And if it wasn't clear - you can't create more than one pod with a given unique unit.

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"
Old April 16th, 2024, 10:32 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

[Duplicate post.]

Old April 16th, 2024, 10:33 AM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
You are so much more deranged than I ever gave you credit for, and I apologize for not seeing it sooner.

I think I'm going to bring back one thing in the IS XIII rules - you CAN draft a unique unit twice across pods, but can only field one of them. Might have to set a limit on hex bases per pod as well, more like 9 or 10, instead of 7.

And if it wasn't clear - you can't create more than one pod with a given unique unit.
Thank you; thank you very much!

P.S.: Ever find my Deathcommander?

Old April 16th, 2024, 05:34 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker

I do think I have it, yeah.

Old April 17th, 2024, 05:55 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Quote:

Thank you; thank you very much!

P.S.: Ever find my Deathcommander?

Quote:
I do think I have it, yeah.
Great, @Warbanner! If you adopt my 8-space/pod suggestion, I'll probably go with these:

Deathcommander Mark 3 (130), Zettian Guards (70), 3 spaces

Bahadur (120), Varkaanan Swiftfangs (80), 5 spaces

Mohican River Tribe x 2 (140), Zetacron (60), 8 spaces

Laglor (110), Rygarn (90), 2 spaces

Old April 17th, 2024, 08:06 PM

I'll probably go with more than 8 as the max, because some pods will be hero-focused, and others will be squad-focused. I like the idea of letting someone put in 3 squads of 3-4 units in a pod.

Old April 17th, 2024, 09:05 PM

Well met!

Quote:
I'll probably go with more than 8 as the max, because some pods will be hero-focused, and others will be squad-focused. I like the idea of letting someone put in 3 squads of 3-4 units in a pod.
You're going to have to have a protocol for expanding the Start Zones then . . .

Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM

Nah. You could draft 30 hexes, but you can still only place 24. What makes the cut is up to you.

Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM

Well met!

Ah ha!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion