Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old September 17th, 2007, 09:59 PM

theats has disabled reputation
I believe his title is spamburgler, not spam walker, get it right!

I think some good wave two and wave three units for stratagy reviews would be something such as the marden hounds or the garilanators.

Theophilus.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of these units based on their Chess classification (I mean all of them together listed that way). Have any articles been written on "Queen" level units yet? I presume that these would be heavy hitters like Q9 and so forth. It seems like the focus has mostly been on Pawn, Bishop, and Knight class so far.
And what, exactly, would constitute a "King" class unit? Is that like a Raelin or a Taelord - support units without much offense that your army could lose without? Or does the king analogy really not work for Scape?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 22nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of these units based on their Chess classification (I mean all of them together listed that way). Have any articles been written on "Queen" level units yet? I presume that these would be heavy hitters like Q9 and so forth. It seems like the focus has mostly been on Pawn, Bishop, and Knight class so far.
And what, exactly, would constitute a "King" class unit? Is that like a Raelin or a Taelord - support units without much offense that your army could lose without? Or does the king analogy really not work for Scape?
I don't really think there would be any that would could be a 'King'. In chess, if you lose your King, it's game over. In Heroscape, even if you're down to your last Deathreaver, and your opponent has an unwounded Charos, you can still possibly win (though it is extremely unlikely).

I will go and add in a second list that is organized by class.

Old September 22nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
There, I believe that should cover things. Let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Also, Fezz had Finn as both a Pawn and a Bishop, so I put him under both catagories.

Old September 23rd, 2007, 05:38 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
There, I believe that should cover things. Let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Also, Fezz had Finn as both a Pawn and a Bishop, so I put him under both catagories.
You put Finn as "Claas A and Claas B" instead of "Class A and Class B."

In other news, I have updated the Izumi Samurai Guide and Concan guide by including their threat ranges, which is the distance over flat terrain over which a figure can threaten foes. Flying makes elevations irrelevant, but for walking figures threat range is reduced as they have to climb over terrain to reach an opponent. The formula is Move + Range. For the Izumi Samurai, for example, it is 7.

Old September 23rd, 2007, 07:24 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
You put Finn as "Claas A and Claas B" instead of "Class A and Class B."
Don't blame Firemaster for that. It was I that added what was supposed to be Class A and Class B (just to signify that Finn was indeed supposed to be listed twice). Lesson: Don't try to type when you first wake up and are still drunk from the night before ...

Quote:
In other news, I have updated the Izumi Samurai Guide and Concan guide ...
Noted in the Index.

Quote:
... For the Izumi Samuria, ...
When you bust someone for mispelling ... Or, have you been drinking all afternoon?

Samuria - Conan's people's code of combat for the Barbarian Class of Cimmeria.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 09:19 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:
In other news, I have updated the Izumi Samurai Guide and Concan guide ...
Noted in the Index.

Quote:
... For the Izumi Samuria, ...
When you bust someone for mispelling ... Or, have you been drinking all afternoon?

Samuria - Conan's people's code of combat for the Barbarian Class of Cimmeria.
Fixed!

Old September 25th, 2007, 02:11 PM

DurinsBane has disabled reputation
These are great; keep them coming!

Are they available as PDFs for off-line viewing? If not, I have and can upload them if anyone else is interested.

"What it was could not be seen: it was like a great shadow, in the middle of which was a dark form, of man-shape, maybe, yet greater; and a power and terror seemed to be in it and to go before it."
Old October 18th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I just added my Hatamoto Taro review. Take a look, then add it to the index.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old October 18th, 2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha
I just added my Hatamoto Taro review. Take a look, then add it to the index.
No need to prompt him. He always gets to it.

Old October 18th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old October 18th, 2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha
sorry.
No problem. Firemaster and Malechi are always on top of everthing. This is your first guide, that's all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles