Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 23rd, 2006, 12:26 AM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
'Battle at the Brandar Well - 8 Player Version'

Well, my first offering to the community here was a map that we have enjoyed very much. We called it 'Battle at the Brandar Well' and it's a map where you have to find a glyph at the bottom of a well and bring it back to your 'spawn point' (base). The original version was for 3 players (or 6 players in teams of 2), but we wanted to try to do something where we could use the last two set of markers for 8 players. My youth are constantly fighting to play this game, so a game for 8 players would be ideal.

So, based on that idea of the 'Brandar Well' map we had, we came up with this version for 8 players:

It's played very simliar. We tested out two games tonight with 8 players (I hope to have some pics soon) and it went pretty well. The game is a little quicker paced, due to the fact that you have less terrain between the spawn points. So, usually there is a battle between side right off the bat, where as in the 6 player game it takes a turn or to before you are in range. It's a little quicker getting up to the well (and it's a smaller well too), and there are no 'grapple points' on this map. Once you are in the well, you may move out of the well on your next turn, stopping at the top.

300 point armies are just about right... though, you might try scaling them down to about 250 - 275 to see how it goes. The game isn't too crowded with 300 points, but I would not suggest anymore if you play with 8 players.

I'm going to work on the documentation for this and hopefully get it up in the 'downloads' section by the end of the week. There aren't many 8 player maps out there that I have found yet (though, I supposed you can make any 4 player map 8 players), so maybe if someone is looking for one you can give this a try.

I'm still partial to the 6 player version over this one, but this one is just as fun. (Four on Four (with two member from each team at opposite ends) would be fun to try out as well.)

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios