Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 27th, 2018, 06:09 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
The Book of Azazel the Kyrie Warrior

The Book of Azazel the Kyrie Warrior

C3V Wave 21 - Curse of Stormtorn Peak - Heroes of the Moonlight Vale

Basic side:
Spoiler Alert!

The printer-friendly .pdf version of this card can be found HERE.

The figure used for this unit is a Tarry Fiend from the Pathfinder Battles, Wrath of the Righteous set.

Links of where to buy online:
Miniature market https://www.miniaturemarket.com/pbwr-020.html
Troll And Toad https://www.trollandtoad.com/p1050202.html
Auggies http://www.auggiesgamestore.com/cata...y_fiend/103363
abPrices http://www.abprices.com/D/53857/tarry-fiend
NobleKnight https://www.nobleknight.com/Search?t...facturerId=297
CoolStuffInc https://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_se...ultsPerPage=25
Paizo https://paizo.com/products/btpy93ob?...us-Tarry-Fiend
eBay https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...end&_sacat=220
Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Pathfinde...toys-and-games
Google https://www.google.com/search?q=Path...=vw:l&tbm=shop

Character Bio: Valkrill has created an abomination. A kyrie, once free and proud, was tortured under the wellspring magic harnessed by Valkrill. Out came a force so vile that Death itself can never hold it for long. In Azazel, the Death Knights have a true master, a relentless warrior who has faced Death and come out unbowed.

Special Powers
Quote:
REJECTED BY DEATH
At the start of each of your turns after Azazel the Kyrie Warrior has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or higher, immediately place Azazel on a space adjacent to any figure you control and remove all Wound Markers on Azazel's card.

WHIRLWIND ASSAULT
Azazel the Kyrie Warrior may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Azazel the Kyrie Warrior's movement, ignore elevations. Azazel may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Azazel starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Rulings and Clarifications
  • - REJECTED BY DEATH : Bonding, Frenzy, etc. = Multiple Rejected By Death?
    If I have a turn order marker on an Death Knights of Valkrill while Azazel is destroyed and I bond with another hero, do I roll for Rejected By Death once or twice (once for Bonding hero, then once for Death Knights)? How many times do I roll for Kato Katsuro’s Command and Kurrok’s Mater of the Elements, or for Frenzy turns
    Short answer is any power that says "take a turn" you roll for Rejected by Death for each turn. Bonding means you take a separate turn it triggers at the start of both the bonded hero's and the squad's turns. Note for Death Knights of Valkrill, you have to choose a hero you are bonding with before rolling for REJECTED BY DEATH and you can't choose Azazel, which means although Azazel could be resurrected before taking both turns, Azazel cannot take a turn until the next order marker. For Kato Katsuro’s Command and Mater of the Elements, you are taking a turn with other units INSTEAD of the turn with the figure, so you only get to roll for the units you are taking a turn with for those powers, but in the case of Kurrok you would take three turns, once before each Elemental. For Frenzy you get a try for each turn. You would get two tries with Zaeus & Gorillinator Attack Bonding, but only one try with Nakita Agents and Gorillinator Movement Bonding, as only the Attack Bonding says "take a turn".
  • - REJECTED BY DEATH : Is everything (Spirtis, figures, markers, etc) removed when Azazel is destroyed
    If I have a Viking Spirit, Marro Gnids, Chen Tang's Palm Marker, Ebon Armor, or other item on the card of Azazel when he is destroyed, if he comes back due to Rejected by Death, are the items still there?
    Yes - everything but treasure glyphs stay on the card. Standard rule is to do what the card says, not what it doesn't say. treasure glyphs are dropped when a figure is destroyed
  • - REJECTED BY DEATH : Using Order Markers after Azazel the Kyrie Warrior is revived
    If I have a turn order marker on a destroyed Azazel the Kyrie Warrior, but he is brought back onto the board by Rejected By Death before I would have used that Turn Order Marker, can I take that turn with him when the time comes?
    Yes. The turn order markers are not removed from the cards once a figure is destroyed. If Azazel the Kyrie Warrior is on the board when his turn would come up (even if he was destroyed the turn before), he can take that turn. (Hasbro FAQ - Thanos)
  • - REJECTED BY DEATH : Rolling for 'dead cards'
    If I have a turn order marker on an Army Card, but every figure on the Army Card has been destroyed, can I still roll for Rejected By Death?
    No. If the every figure on the Army Card is destroyed, you cannot take that turn, and Rejected By Death would never activate. (Hasbro FAQ - Thanos)

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • DEATHKNIGHTS OF VALKRILL: Unholy Bonding
    As a medium hero with Relentless personality, Azazel the Kyrie Warrior may benefit from the Deathknights of Valkrill's UNHOLY BONDING activation synergy.
  • EMPEROR ANDASK: Kyrie Supremacy
    Belonging to the Kyrie race, Azazel the Kyrie Warrior may benefit from Emperor Andask's KYRIE SUPREMACY 20-sided die bonus, which allows you to add 1 to each roll of the 20-sided die for REJECTED BY DEATH.
  • ATLAGA THE KYRIE WARRIOR: Kyrie Leadership
    Belonging to the Kyrie race, Azazel the Kyrie Warrior may benefit from Atlaga's KYRIE LEADERSHIP Movement bonus, which allows any Kyrie you control to move 1 extra space.
  • SKULL DEMON: Valkrill Attack Aura 1
    As a Valkrill follower with a Range of 1, Azazel the Kyrie Warrior may benefit from the Skull Demon's VALKRILL ATTACK AURA 1 ability.
  • KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD: Relentless Assault
    As a figure with the Relentless personality, Azazel the Kyrie Warrior may roll 1 extra die from Khosumet the Darklord's RELENTLESS ASSAULT enhancement bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • KNIGHTS OF BLACKGUARD: Relentlessness Army Attack Bonus - Being a Relentless personality, Azazel the Kyrie Warrior may be in an army that helps the Knights of Blackguard receive one additional attack die.

Synergy Imposed
  • GOTHLOK: Aura of Despair
    As a figure that follows Valkrill, Azazel the Kyrie Warrior is immune to the affects of AURA OF DESPAIR

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Strategy, Tactics and Tips
-Power Ranking-
@superfrog initial rating - B
@Cleon initial rating - 6+ "Most likely will rise to 7 or 8."

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 17th, 2020 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Added more FAQ
Old December 27th, 2018, 06:09 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Azazel the Kyrie Warrior

Reserved
Old December 27th, 2018, 06:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Thanks for doing this book!

Could you put the basic side in a spoiler, and use the full-size images in the post proper rather than just linking to them?

The only synergies I can think of that I don't see are Death Knight bonding and Gothlok immunity.
Old December 27th, 2018, 06:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Really dig this design.

Backstory has kind of a Tolkien vibe to me, and Rejected by Death is super interesting in this context - it's no longer about a personal relationship with the reaper, but being such an abomination that death no longer has meaning. Nice. Strange aeons for Valhalla.
Old December 29th, 2018, 07:54 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Under Synergy Benefits Received for Azazel, you might want to add that Emperor Andask will bonus up Azazel's Kyrie D20 roll for Rejected By Death with a +1 with Kyrie Supremacy.

Like any other figure, Azazel would also receive the no-skull reroll with the Emperor's Orb of Vengeance Aura if making a normal attack against an adjacent enemy if within 4 clear sight spaces of the Emperor.

I note too that Azazel's Whirlwind Assault is currently misspelled as "Whirlwind Assualt."

For my own very first all Valkrill army, including both of them, see
Valkrill's Vengeance here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...10#post2245110

Last edited by chas; December 29th, 2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 12:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Thanks to the sharp eyes that spotted the typo. A corrected card has been put in the OP.
Old January 14th, 2019, 12:31 PM

At Louisville tournament this weekend (510 points, only 5 players), @NecroBlade played Death Knights x 4, Skull Demon x 2, and Azazel (510 pionts, 11 figures). He The army went 3-2 but 4 of the 5 games (one game was unofficial against Death Knights) were down to one life, and one he lost by (I think) about 1/3 army of opponent left, so all and all we both though the army was fairly balanced, as most of the armies played were in the "Tier 3" or B+/A- range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
...Azazel resurrected once my game, and 1-3 times each other game he played. He is a lot better than I initially though as I did not realize Azazel can roll for rejected by Death both for Death Knights AND whoever they bond with - 2 times an order marker (~20% chance to return). 4 of his five games came down to one life and he lost the other by a decent amount, so I guess Azazel just bumps up Death Knights (with Skull Demons) to decent tourney playable level...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
It was 2-2 (the other game was for fun, and I was using the Monks against Death Knights, though the Knights did win, with the last Knight on Wannok!).

The first two games I won with 1 Life, Azazel coming back once the first, twice the second. I lost once without Azazel coming back to a 4-Life Cyprien (5 counting Drain at the end). My other loss was much bigger, despite Azazel coming back three times. In part I forgot the Whetstone the Skull Demon had picked up (which possibly would've killed Varan, but probably not have won the game on its own); in part because I just. couldn't. kill. the one stupid Pathfinder! (And, to be fair, I decided not to run Azazel in, get him killed, Reject, and repeat against the turtled range).
Should I add a FAQ that when Bonding with DEATHKNIGHTS OF VALKRILL that both the DK and bonding heroes get to roll for Rejected by Death? That was not clear to me at first read of cards but maybe I just didn't think about it enough as bonding is technically 2 turns every time.

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 16th, 2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Sorry forgot you only played 4 official games
Old January 14th, 2019, 01:18 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
At Louisville tournament this weekend (510 points, only 5 players), @NecroBlade played Death Knights x 4, Skull Demon x 2, and Azazel (510 pionts, 11 figures). He went 3-2 but 4 of the 5 games were down to one life, and one he lost by (I think) about 1/3 army of opponent left, so all and all we both though the army was fairly balanced, as most of the armies played were in the "Tier 3" or B+/A- range.
Quote:
...Azazel resurrected once my game, and 1-3 times each other game he played. He is a lot better than I initially though as I did not realize Azazel can roll for rejected by Death both for Death Knights AND whoever they bond with - 2 times an order marker (~20% chance to return). 4 of his five games came down to one life and he lost the other by a decent amount, so I guess Azazel just bumps up Death Knights (with Skull Demons) to decent tourney playable level...
Should I add a FAQ that when Bonding with DEATHKNIGHTS OF VALKRILL that both the DK and bonding heroes get to roll for Rejected by Death? That was not clear to me at first read of cards but maybe I just didn't think about it enough as bonding is technically 2 turns every time.
Still not clear to me how Rejected by Death applies to other figures besides Aziel.
Old January 14th, 2019, 01:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

What he's saying is that you roll "at the start of each of your turns," and that sometimes you have more than one turn per Order Marker.

For example, with a bonding squad you roll for the squad's turn, and then again for the hero's turn. With elementals, you roll 3 times. With Vipers, you roll again for every Frenzy.
Old January 15th, 2019, 05:56 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I don't think that it would hurt to specify this in the main post. It makes a huge difference when you get to roll twice as often, after all.
Old January 16th, 2019, 03:17 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Yes; put it up there! It would have helped me in my first all Valkrill army game had I known about it!
Old January 16th, 2019, 10:22 AM

Thanks all. Added below. Let me know if I should reword.
Quote:
Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - REJECTED BY DEATH : Unholy Resurrection
    If I have a turn order marker on an Death Knights of Valkrill while Azazel is destroyed and I bond with another hero, do I roll for Rejected By Death once or twice (once for Bonding hero, then once for Death Knights)?
    Twice! The power is for "each of your turns" and since bonding means you take a separate turn it triggers at the start of both the bonded hero's and the squad's turns. Note, you have to choose a hero you are bonding with before rolling for REJECTED BY DEATH and you can't choose Azazel, which means although Azazel can be resurrected before taking both turns, Azazel cannot take a turn until the next order marker.
Strategy, Tactics and Tips...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs