Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old August 22nd, 2009, 08:31 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Inglorious Basterds

I just got back from seeing this movie last night and I have to say that I thought it was Tarantino's best film IMO. I know a lot of people are going to disagree and stick with the classic Pulp Fiction, but this movie had so much more than Pulp Fiction. I was seriously nervous from start to finish in the movie. I never knew what would happen next. I didn't know which characters I could trust and which I couldn't. I never knew when the "Jew Hunter" knew more than he was eluding to and when he was totally oblivious. Overall, the movie was way cleaner than I thought it was going to be. Several 'F' words, but no where near overdone. A few scalping scenes and some brutal shootings, but overall not really as bad as I thought it was going to be. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys a good Tarantino film or even a good suspense/action film. There were a lot of talking scenes. The first 30 minute scene is all talking, but the action in it keeps the movie flowing VERY well. Overall, I cannot say enough good things about it. 9.5/10

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 22nd, 2009, 09:03 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Inglourious Basterds

I agree that this movie is indeed worthy to be be called a 'Tarantino'. The action is good, but it also has some of that Tarantino humor in it, and Brad Pitt's character is one of the funniest. There were several talking scenes and some of it was even, dare I say, boring, but once the action comes up again you forget all about these scenes. Great movie, and definitely not another stale action movie. One of Tarantino's best yet!

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.

Last edited by Richard; August 24th, 2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 06:05 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Inglorious Basterds

Just got back from seeing this.
I'm not familiar with this directors other works, so I don't really know what to compare it to, but I thought the movie was "okay", not the best one I've ever seen, but still okay.
My main problem with it was that it did not actually seem to center on "The Inglorious Bastards". Or maybe it did, it's just that the movie took up a lot of time with other parts of the story, than the Basterds themselves. The parts with them were funny, and I wish the movie had more scenes of them.
So yeah, a good story line, but one that should've had more of the Basterds.
That being said, I LOVED the ending! And by ending, I mean the entire part with the theater and everything. The fact that they actually kill (someone who's name I won't mention, so that I won't spoil anything) just made me crack up!
It was pretty violent though, with the type of stuff that can really make you squirm. So a word of warning for people who don't like that type of stuff.
I'd give the movie a 7/10.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:30 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, not being familiar with Tarantino would be a downfall in seeing this film. I mean, he does a lot of stuff because of his writing style. The looong conversations for one. If it were any other director, you'd be like "COME ON!!!" but with Tarantino, there's something about it that makes it enticing. That being said, I did read a few reviews that said when future film students look back in time at Tarantino's works, they will have to spend extra time on Inglorious Basterds... I think it is going to replace Pulp Fiction as his widely accepted best movie...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:43 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I just got back from seeing it, and it's a great piece of filmmaking. Personally, I thought the slow parts were the best parts of the film, though the final spectacle is fantastic. Tarantino has come a long way with his cinematography-- just beautiful pictures throughout. As always, there's a certain genre-mash-up going on in the film (sort of like Heroscape. Hmmm...), but it also has an old-fashioned 60's and 70's feel to it, in that it's not rushed at all. And the guy who played the Jew Hunter will probably get nominated for an Oscar.
Old September 7th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just saw it today. Thought it was great.

***** SPOILER *****

Did you recognize Harvey Keitel at the end on the phone as Brad Pitt's commanding officer? I'm almost positive that was him. Very distinct voice. Same with Samuel L. Jackson. Very cool, using those guys.

Old September 13th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

Having Keitel and Samuel L. Jackson was very cool, indeed. I liked the Basment bar the best. Big thumbs up.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old September 16th, 2009, 03:44 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Uhhh, I know I posted in this thread giving my thoughts on the movie, so what happened to it? Does some mod have a hard on for Tarintino and decide to delete any posts that don't gush over this movie?
Old September 16th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Uhhh, I know I posted in this thread giving my thoughts on the movie, so what happened to it? Does some mod have a hard on for Tarintino and decide to delete any posts that don't gush over this movie?
Did you post during the week that was wiped from the face of the earth because of the interdimensional rift that caused a major crisis? There were spandex-wearing, high-flying guys and gals all over the place trying to fix it. Did you sleep during that? With all the screaming and explosions? Man, I envy you. I can't sleep for (expletive deleted) half the time.

(Seriously, here's what happened)

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
So I screwed up major. Its a long story, but the result is that we had to revert the site to a back-up version from just under a week ago. That means any posts between that time are gone. They are only coming back if you take the time to re-post them. I'm really sorry about this.
My explanation (although totally fabricated) is much more exciting.

Old September 17th, 2009, 10:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabSheila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Did you post during the week that was wiped from the face of the earth because of the interdimensional rift that caused a major crisis? There were spandex-wearing, high-flying guys and gals all over the place trying to fix it. Did you sleep during that? With all the screaming and explosions? Man, I envy you. I can't sleep for (expletive deleted) half the time.

(Seriously, here's what happened)

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
So I screwed up major. Its a long story, but the result is that we had to revert the site to a back-up version from just under a week ago. That means any posts between that time are gone. They are only coming back if you take the time to re-post them. I'm really sorry about this.
My explanation (although totally fabricated) is much more exciting.
Ahh that must be it. I havn't been checking in on this site all that much recently so I didn't know there was a problem.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies