Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 18th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Best Gencon Moments - 2009

all the heroscape stuff was perfect, win or lose it was a blast, the people there make it special.

Best Moment, last year I helped a dad get his young sons to play in a win a wave and gave them a skahen, they came on sunday only both years and the dad could not thank me enough HS is now the boys favorite game and they have all the neighborhood boys playing it and they are buying their own stuff - so wonderful to hear, and the 9 year old son sits down fir his first match and has no clue he is facing Mattster - the GenCon Champion and the kid wins - I was the one who got to tell him he just beat the GenCon Champ - his eyes lite up, when I talked to him a half hour later and asked if he told anyone his dad just laughed and said he has called everyone he knows.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:27 PM

Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
all the heroscape stuff was perfect, win or lose it was a blast, the people there make it special.

Best Moment, last year I helped a dad get his young sons to play in a win a wave and gave them a skahen, they came on sunday only both years and the dad could not thank me enough HS is now the boys favorite game and they have all the neighborhood boys playing it and they are buying their own stuff - so wonderful to hear, and the 9 year old son sits down fir his first match and has no clue he is facing Mattster - the GenCon Champion and the kid wins - I was the one who got to tell him he just beat the GenCon Champ - his eyes lite up, when I talked to him a half hour later and asked if he told anyone his dad just laughed and said he has called everyone he knows.

Wow that's great, I love hearing stuff like this. Especially when you know just how much he's going to always remember that too!

Traders: Hoser, Sphere, Taeblewalker, DiscoStu, Hogg, Onacara, Skeletor, Cavalier, PonchoMan, Just_a_Bill, KRUG!, Wytefang, i2hot4u, Jim, Lakai, NEWT, nerdcorerocks, JediNate, Mutt Lo.
Old August 20th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So many good things at gencon this year.

-I had The Best Chocolate from Costa Rica.

-Meeting several excellent players with awesome attitudes.

-Going to the open bar whitewolf party!

-Losing to spiderpoison by 1 shield!

-getting beaten horribly by some 13yr old kid using stingers,zombies,shades and rats. (he never failed to roll 2 skulls on 4 dice ever)

-Watching R˙chean play Hendal on day2, both of these guys are real characters so the comments they made were great and some of the moves they made really surprised me.

-Proving to someone that dinosaur blood is poisonous to vampires, not the other way around.

-Watching peoples expression after I gave them a strange little skull!

(I plan to make it into an equipment if anyone is interested in makeing an equipment card template. My shop/gimps skills are moderate at best)
Old August 25th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

just getting to talk with fellow serious scapers is also one of the best parts of the whole con for me, to talk to people who understand the game is great, to talk to people who really understand the game is even better.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old August 25th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
just getting to talk with fellow serious scapers is also one of the best parts of the whole con for me, to talk to people who understand the game is great, to talk to people who really understand the game is even better.
I would have liked to face you in CTF. Watching your crazy aggressive army face off against my boring camping army would have been interesting.

But the Frenzies said "NO." Heh.

I still remember how quickly your Nilfheim thrashed my heroes in Unique Hero last year. I was hoping to settle the score . There's always next year, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 25th, 2009, 06:54 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Setting off a Car Alarm with my Led Zepplin scream late at night after coming out of the Ram

Or having a DM in True Dungeon ask me if I had a ranged weapon to which I replied yes and I let out the same led Zepplin Scream to the utter dismay of the ogre and the DM. Neither one knew what to say right away They also didn't count it as a ranged weapon

Oooooorrrrrrrr...watching my friends set off traps in true dungeon and then they notice I am like 15 feet away in the very back corners of the room trying to hide from damage....that didn't work either

Watching a friend try to alter his very own chemical composition of him and his beer as he attempted to pass through a mirror...that did not work either

I love Gencon
Old August 26th, 2009, 04:01 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
So many good things at gencon this year.

-I had The Best Chocolate from Costa Rica.

-Meeting several excellent players with awesome attitudes.

-Going to the open bar whitewolf party!

-Losing to spiderpoison by 1 shield!

-getting beaten horribly by some 13yr old kid using stingers,zombies,shades and rats. (he never failed to roll 2 skulls on 4 dice ever)

-Watching R˙chean play Hendal on day2, both of these guys are real characters so the comments they made were great and some of the moves they made really surprised me.

-Proving to someone that dinosaur blood is poisonous to vampires, not the other way around.

(I plan to make it into an equipment if anyone is interested in makeing an equipment card template. My shop/gimps skills are moderate at best)
Don't forget driving 16 hours and "Not" having to play your friends in heroscape. That never happens!

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old August 27th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sniping a Dragon Mage off of the back of his Sun Draong on the first turn with my Giant Bow.

Roasting 20 some zombies in one attack twice from my salamanders.

Watching the game next to me end on the first turn of Big Ol Monster battle thanks to Atlaga.
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Watching the game next to me end on the first turn of Big Ol Monster battle thanks to Atlaga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmage7a View Post
Yes, these both involved me. Actually, my best Scape memories are the Big Ol' Monster Battle because I ended TWO games thanks to Atlaga (one halfway through the game when I was certain to lose and one on the first turn). Also, going 4-1 in Mixed Marvel (2nd place) where the 1st place player lost to the 3rd place player and I lost to the 1st place player (I lost the title based on SOS, since two of my opponents dropped out )

Best non-Scape moment was meeting Richard Borg, creator of Memoir '44 and playing games with wdgrant & Co. as well as MM, Tiny Timmy, and stubobj. Thanks to all for a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con