Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 3rd, 2019, 02:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen Con 2019

I may have to whip up a few extra Kool-Aid Man figures for prizes.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 03:24 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
There was a guy in charge for a few years, which I was thankful for at the time because I needed a break, and he let it in without discussing it with others. He is no longer on the committee at this time. And that’s where I’m going to leave that discussion.
————

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Woah, really surprised to see a C3G event. I will do whatever I can to help out with figures and cards.
Based off of the previous discussion quoted above, this is verrry interesting...

...especially since it was eluded to that the guy who added a customs event last time was removed as an organizer for it lol.
This is not an accurate statement.
I had the same impression as Sir Heroscape from that message. I thought that it was being said that the reason C3G got approved and not any VC events was because it wasn't fully discussed amongst the GenCon planners, after which it was directly said that the person who approved it was no longer on the committee. Could you clarify what was actually intended?

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe one day C3V/SoV will get the love they deserve [at the biggest gaming event for scapers]...one can only hope.
Not likely. Because...reasons.
What does this mean? I thought that so long as significant interest was displayed for a VC event, it would be considered in the future, but this implies that there are other factors stopping a VC event than attendance worries.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 03:41 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

I noticed there is a Thursday open play at 8pm but no open play Friday or Saturday night - I am guessing because attendance was low last year and people are scaped out by that point. But hypothetically could we have ticketed (or free) off-books event Fri or sat night and use the maps? Also noticed max attendance at one time is 52 (26 maps) which is lower than previous 72, which is sad to see attendance dwindle.

Also would anyone be interested in a Magic:Arena Tournament one night at 8pm or even as an alternative on Saturday at Noon (after Speed Scape event ends) or 3pm?
No, no you cannot play random events during random times. Yes, you can play scheduled events during scheduled times.

This is not your friend's basement. It is an organized series of events.
So we cannot use the maps for "open play" on Friday and Saturday night, correct?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 3rd, 2019, 03:44 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
It's much too late for anything to change this year, I'm pretty sure.

If you want to promote C3V/SoV chances for the future, get people to show up for an open play event this year.
I suspect that @dok will step up and host a C3V event during Open Play. If he does not (and no one else does), then I will do so.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 3rd, 2019, 03:45 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

It is none of the public’s business as to why a previous organizer was removed. C3G was implemented prior to this year. We will let you know whether VC is allowed for next year.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 03:50 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Re: the open play discussion (and only having one open play slot).

I'm all for the idea that new formats should have to be tried out in the open play slots to see if there's interest, seems super reasonable, but...there's no meaningful way to do that when there's only a single open play slot available.

I was thinking about trying to run a new format (that I came up with, hasn't been used at Gencon before to my knowledge) myself on one of the open play nights, but I don't see the possibility of getting more than 3-4 players even if lots of people like the idea, because there will also likely be a C3V format of some kind and/or a main event prep format running at the same time, in addition to any other formats I may not know about yet.

I guess I'm a bit unclear on how we're supposed to test out new formats with just a single open play slot? Say we've got 3 good ideas from different people and they all split members having 4-6 each, none of those then has enough 'interest' to ever be considered for the future (or even have the numbers to really run a full 'tournament' during that custom play slot).

Not trying to complain or anything, I guess I'm just surprised after there were 2 or 3 open play slots last year (don't remember which, just know I did at least 2).

Last edited by Chris Perkins; May 3rd, 2019 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
Old May 3rd, 2019, 03:50 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
There was a guy in charge for a few years, which I was thankful for at the time because I needed a break, and he let it in without discussing it with others. He is no longer on the committee at this time. And that’s where I’m going to leave that discussion.
————

Quote:
Woah, really surprised to see a C3G event. I will do whatever I can to help out with figures and cards.
Based off of the previous discussion quoted above, this is verrry interesting...

...especially since it was eluded to that the guy who added a customs event last time was removed as an organizer for it lol.
This is not an accurate statement.
I had the same impression as Sir Heroscape from that message. I thought that it was being said that the reason C3G got approved and not any VC events was because it wasn't fully discussed amongst the GenCon planners, after which it was directly said that the person who approved it was no longer on the committee. Could you clarify what was actually intended?

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe one day C3V/SoV will get the love they deserve [at the biggest gaming event for scapers]...one can only hope.
Not likely. Because...reasons.
What does this mean? I thought that so long as significant interest was displayed for a VC event, it would be considered in the future, but this implies that there are other factors stopping a VC event than attendance worries.
Bare with me, I'm not a millennial and can't multi-quote.

I'm not going to go into any discussion further on why he is no longer a part of the committee. It's more of a private matter and I don't want to throw people under the proverbial bus. Feel free to read the statement I posted that you guys keep quoting from. However read as it is written, not as, and since this happened, then this happened.

I am more than happy to field any questions about customs 3 letters or not, but I would much rather do it in person. Please feel free to ask me at gen con.

Caps - You are correct. Open play is Thur night only.

Mr Perkins - For several years the 2nd open play slot had minimal numbers (less than 5) so to keep Gen Con happy we cut it. We have to meet specific numbers to "keep" gen con happy. There is a total of 26 maps (52 players). If we sell out this Open Play, I don't see why we wouldn't be forced to add another (next year of course).

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; May 3rd, 2019 at 03:56 PM. Reason: The most important question is who all is over 40? What does my competition for the wise man tourney look like?
Old May 3rd, 2019, 03:58 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
There are quite a few unsung or overlooked map makers that aren't nearly discussed as much as Dignan, Flash, Typhon, etc. (those are great map makers too don't get me wrong). Some of which haven't made maps in a long time but have maps that are still very relevant. I posted this in another thread, but here are several map makers/threads that I think have plenty of quality maps that often go overlooked and have little discussion over:

-Panopticon
-tannergx
-LongHeroscaper
-Killometer
-Rednax
-Darkmage7a
-R˙chean
-dok
-nyys (his map thread doesn't have pictures anymore though, so it's hard to navigate through)
Echo this! Thanks, @Cleon , for reminding the community of the work of these great cartographers.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 04:00 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Maps will be posted on / around June 1st.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 3rd, 2019, 04:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Will you be checking IDs?

That is a really fun looking event I may have to consider getting in on. Wolves all the way!!

Are those Wise Man powers per figure turn or player turn?
Old May 3rd, 2019, 04:03 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Oh my gosh, I might actually be able to attend Gencon this year!

I've never been!!!!! :O
Old May 3rd, 2019, 04:04 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Will you be checking IDs?

That is a really fun looking event I may have to consider getting in on. Wolves all the way!!

Are those Wise Man powers per figure turn or player turn?
IDs will be checked (other than people like Ken who look like they're 80). These powers are per player turn.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con