Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Old March 14th, 2017, 12:25 PM

Monochrome_Night is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Another expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
The last magic set Kaledesh was largely based around artifacts. And we passed both that set and the next with no news. I think this game is done
Sigh. Sadly, it seems that way.
Old March 15th, 2017, 08:49 AM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monochrome_Night View Post
Quote:
The last magic set Kaledesh was largely based around artifacts. And we passed both that set and the next with no news. I think this game is done
Sigh. Sadly, it seems that way.
Indeed, it had so much potential. Fingers crossed tho.

Last edited by HEROSCAPERMTL; March 15th, 2017 at 08:50 AM. Reason: grammar error
Old March 15th, 2017, 10:21 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

In light of some of things Craig said about WotC and their treatment of Herosape and Battleship Galaxies, I highly doubt any more expansions will come around, even if they had them in development and designed another expansion or two already both in cards and figure sculpts. If they made another wave of Marvel Heroscape complete with figures and sculpts and designed a Star Wars Heroscape set and still never released it, my guess is someone designed a Kaledesh Magic:Arena expansion but will never release it. Although I really hope they prove me wrong.
Old March 16th, 2017, 03:14 PM

HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Agreed, I guess this game is dead.
Old March 16th, 2017, 05:59 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Have they came out denouncing it yet? Or is this speculation?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 17th, 2017, 02:22 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Its all speculation because we haven't heard anything at all since Innistrad came out.
Old March 17th, 2017, 06:04 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart

Based on their release for all three current products it seems likely that their trend is a new -expansion set in april-ish.

As for the speculation about it being canned, does anyone happen to remember how early we knew about the Zendikar or Innistrad sets? How much leakage was really out there for those games? I couldn't find really any spoiler for Innistrad or Zendikar. The lack of leaks/ hype could just be the community not super interested in it. Which may sound bad but the urpose of this product is to turn Board Gamers into MTG:TCG players.

But I guess we'll see in a month or two.
Old March 17th, 2017, 07:49 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

We knew in advance about Zendikar, I was aboe to pre-order it.

Innistrad just got dumped without any fanfare and before the expected release date too. One day retailers just had it. I think they may have already decided to cancel it at that point and just unloaded the finished products they had already produced.
Old June 9th, 2017, 06:31 PM

NinjaFossil is surprisingly tart
Unhappy Re: Another expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaFossil View Post
I've looked into it, and people on the actual AotP forum seem to think the next set will come out around April, and could contain artefacts. The only problem is, we don't know how artefacts are meant to work! My speculation is that Artefacts will either be treasure glyphs or be colourless like the Eldrazi were

Do we have any real indications that something is coming or is it wishful thinking. There have been a lot of toy and game shows since the last release and they pretty much skipped the holiday season without a peep of news. I had pretty much given up on it and figured Hasbro had canned it.
I supposed their predictions were wrong… just as things started to get interesting, as well!

If I say the wrong thing, It's because I'm a newb who thinks this is cool and wants in while only having the AotP base set
Old August 31st, 2017, 01:32 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is there still no news of any further expansions/sets? I am guessing that no news at this point means the product line is dead. So much potential. Perhaps the sales just weren't there to keep it alive.
Old August 31st, 2017, 02:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Considering how low they are selling right now, my guess is they printed way more then they should have.

Reminds me a bit of the Marvel release.
Old January 17th, 2018, 02:24 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker

Wizkids is releasing a new Planeswalker game that is not compatible with AOTP. AOTP is sadly dead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News