Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News > Sightings and Sales

Old January 17th, 2017, 03:40 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: AotP STORE Sightings (last updated Sep 3)

I saw copies of both the first set and Innistrad at Wal-Mart last night.
Old January 19th, 2017, 01:24 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I saw copies of both the first set and Innistrad at Wal-Mart last night.
Yup there's still some out there. of the FIVE Wal-Marts within 50 miles of my house only the one in Mays Landing, NJ still has any MtG:AotP on their shelves - and they have a bunch of them (probably a dozen of each).

The problem is: they refuse to lower the price from the MSRP of $29.98, when every other store had them on Clearance for as low as $15 in some places and even $19 on the Wal-Mart web site. I thnk one of the stores did not receive any in to their inventory and I checked pretty often.

I'm just surprised that this one store got so much overstock compared to the others in the region. Apparently, now they don't know what to do about it and don't want to take a financial loss. My guess is that the manager of the Toy Department is not a "gamer," and has no clue about the current status of this genre.

If they went to $10.00 each, I might buy four more sets, just for the few terrain tiles in each one, hehehe.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old May 6th, 2017, 07:10 AM

igelkott is surprisingly tart

I picked up an extra copy of the Innistrad set at Ollie's for only $5
Old October 19th, 2017, 06:46 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Found the first set at Five Below for five dollars. Definitely a steal.
Old November 19th, 2017, 09:28 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Over the weekend I saw the first set at 5 Below and Ollies for $5 at both places. I also found Innistrad at Ross Dress for Less for $5 too.

I picked up a few extra sets for friends that don't have it. I can leave a set at someones house and know we can play it if I go over there now.

Also, if you're searching discount toy aisles, think about throwing down a few bones for disadvantaged kids during the holidays. A few dollars can stretch pretty far in discount places and for $20 you can make a sizeable donation to Toys For Tots or a similar program.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News > Sightings and Sales