Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old August 12th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Ok, just got back from an expensive day with my daughters, part of which included seeing Suicide Squad. They liked it so that's all that matters to me. For me, Harley and Deadshot were the best part of the movie. I liked Diablo also. The writing was kinda crappy and the story was kind of lame, like they wrote the main story as an afterthought to the characters' back stories. Seemed to jump around and not really make sense.

At times, Joker reminded me of Captain Jack Sparrow.

That said, it was worth seeing for me and the girls. Fun enough when you remember it's a DC movie and should never expect much from them. Though Wonder Woman actually looks good, I hope they didn't butcher everything else that wasn't in the trailer.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 12th, 2016, 05:27 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I bet Johnny Depp would play a great Joker.
Old August 17th, 2016, 06:28 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Noooo.....

http://www.skybound.com/robert-kirkm...of-invincible/
Old August 17th, 2016, 11:59 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We're getting a Runaways series!!!!Ahhhh!!!! (It's gonna be on Hulu btw)

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old August 18th, 2016, 12:48 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Take the good news with the bad, I guess. Too bad I don't use Hulu.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old August 18th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I enjoyed SS.

The re-edits to insert HQ funny moments was a bit jarring but smart. The film needed humor. The story was a little weird but I thought they did a decent job of introducing and handling so many characters.

Not being a DC fan I do not care how accurately the characters are represented.
This is pretty important. I was critical of the Judge Dredd and Ghostrider movies as they are my favorite characters.
When Stallone took off his helmet, it was all over, movie ruined no matter how good it was. Dredd never removes his helmet.

So, I understand if DC fans are not happy with the current versions of some of the characters, I just do not have those issues in this case.

Fun film, great soundtrack.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 18th, 2016, 08:12 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I enjoyed the SS greatly & thought it was a fun film. I had just recently re-watched Batman: Assault on Arkham & was impressed with how close the 2 Harleys were. Even the Joker was close. Deadshot wasn't so, but I preferred the Wil Smith portrayal.

I was disappointed with one song choice in the movie, but that was simply because it was so recently used in the GotG movie. Otherwise I totally agree the soundtrack was great.
Old August 24th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

So I bought two copies of the All-New, All-Different Avengers Annual (because I'm an absolute chump for Alex Ross covers), so I have an extra digital code for the first person to see this: THMKPZCK2176. If you have a Marvel account, you can punch that into marvel.com/redeem and get a free digital copy. It's a standalone issue where Ms. Marvel reads fanfiction online and it's very cute and funny.

(Also, tell me if you use it because if no one here grabs it I'll try somewhere else.)
Old August 25th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Working on a King of the Hill game for Gen Con next year. Using Heroscape for a map.
Spoiler Alert!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 28th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

So I just finished my career switch over from video production to high school teacher/coach (signed contract about a month ago). This is what I originally wanted to do but was convinced otherwise ... I'm happy with the change as I wasn't working a sector of the industry that actually interested me ... granted my current pay is going to scheisse compared to what I've been making but it is more stable and I can actually come home after work, which my wife already appreciates ... it was weird being home over a weekend; even went to high school football game to support some of my students, which was strangely relaxing and satisfying. And it allows me to maybe finish my MFA and pursue other more interesting film projects along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Ok, just got back from an expensive day with my daughters, part of which included seeing Suicide Squad. They liked it so that's all that matters to me. For me, Harley and Deadshot were the best part of the movie. I liked Diablo also. The writing was kinda crappy and the story was kind of lame, like they wrote the main story as an afterthought to the characters' back stories. Seemed to jump around and not really make sense.

That said, it was worth seeing for me and the girls. Fun enough when you remember it's a DC movie and should never expect much from them. Though Wonder Woman actually looks good, I hope they didn't butcher everything else that wasn't in the trailer.
I thought the movie was entertaining enough for a night out (but I enjoyed MoS and BvS so my expectations were probably too high haha)... I also agree that the writing was pretty jarring. Additionally, I thought the direction & blocking in some of the scenes were disjointed. However, I'm interested in seeing more of Smith, Robbie, and even Leto (if they keep him involved).

One thing that the DC films are going to have to start doing a better job of, imo, is showing rather than telling. So much of the storytelling thus far is either taken for granted or explained in exposition ... in many instances, I think the exposition and dialogue would be more moving/powerful if we could have seen and experienced these events with the characters; especially with characters that are not as well known.

The Wonder Woman movie looks awesome. I hope it actually is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
I'm actually glad with this news. If Kirkman has a quality/strong/interesting ending in the works, it should make for a intriguing end. I prefer to get some closure with my narratives and we don't get that too often with pop culture figures. But I will miss reading my Invincible books ....

Last edited by Hellfire; August 28th, 2016 at 12:32 PM.
Old August 28th, 2016, 02:32 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
So I just finished my career switch over from video production to high school teacher/coach (signed contract about a month ago). This is what I originally wanted to do but was convinced otherwise ... I'm happy with the change as I wasn't working a sector of the industry that actually interested me ... granted my current pay is going to scheisse compared to what I've been making but it is more stable and I can actually come home after work, which my wife already appreciates ... it was weird being home over a weekend; even went to high school football game to support some of my students, which was strangely relaxing and satisfying. And it allows me to maybe finish my MFA and pursue other more interesting film projects along the way.
My wife and I both took significant pay cuts when we moved to Austin but we are both a lot happier now. Neither of us changed careers but in my case I dropped back down a level. It was a case of being the best left so being promoted up higher than I really wanted to be. For my wife she just found a private school to teach that has a different philosophy and more of a college schedule (she's home Tuesdays and Thursdays). We both are allowed to be better parents this way. It's tough at times (especially recently with all the bad luck) but overall we are happier.

What are you coaching. My plan is to help out the baseball team once my son finishes his little league days. By then I should be able to scale back at work more. My retirement plan will be to move into coaching. I used to coach HS baseball and currently I'm a little league All-Star coach so I'm staying in the game so to speak.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 28th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
My wife and I both took significant pay cuts when we moved to Austin but we are both a lot happier now. Neither of us changed careers but in my case I dropped back down a level. It was a case of being the best left so being promoted up higher than I really wanted to be. For my wife she just found a private school to teach that has a different philosophy and more of a college schedule (she's home Tuesdays and Thursdays). We both are allowed to be better parents this way. It's tough at times (especially recently with all the bad luck) but overall we are happier.

What are you coaching. My plan is to help out the baseball team once my son finishes his little league days. By then I should be able to scale back at work more. My retirement plan will be to move into coaching. I used to coach HS baseball and currently I'm a little league All-Star coach so I'm staying in the game so to speak.
Yeah...money does solve some problems but it is nice to have some structure that we haven't had in what feels like a long time. I'm appreciating it so far; we shall see how things go moving forward ... I'll continue coaching soccer and I may be assisting with basketball as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape