Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old September 2nd, 2014, 07:09 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Holocron of FX-7 (Public Design) (Public Playtest)

@Heroscaper Guy : Perhaps we should post a request for Ixe to playtest this and write an article for the next Codex here.

Last edited by Porkins; September 3rd, 2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:19 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
@Heroscaper Guy : Perhaps we should post a request for Ixe to playtest this and write an article for the next Codex here.
Yeah, that is a possibility (also I apologize about my playtest taking so long, I have so much to do with college. I have them done, just not typed out, hopefully I am not overloaded this weekend and can finish all three of them and then take a break from playtesting for a few weeks while I get reaccustomed to school).

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:56 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I'll try to run a test this weekend on FX-7.
Old October 28th, 2014, 04:18 PM

I played game 1 for my test last night. It seemed very balanced. My 515 point armies came down to Obi-Wan vs. Cyprien, with the winner barely clinging to life. It was anybody's game at initiative time of the final round.

I REALLY like this design; lots of interesting options: do I drop an FX? Where do I drop it? Do I retreat back to heal up? Do I push forward to deny my opponent access to the FX? Awesome design, great work everybody who participated! I'll type up the test later when I have more time, or maybe once I finish the second test.
Old October 28th, 2014, 04:34 PM

One thing I realized while playing last night, and reviewing the discussion in the thread, is that the droid is placed "before rolling for initiative" or in other words, after placing OM's, which is kind of weird. If there's going to be a healing droid, everybody should be able to plan their OM's for it.

Originally we had it so the droid is placed "before placing OM's" like the AE, but it got changed to "roll for initiative" at some point. I propose we change it back to "before placing OM's".
Old October 28th, 2014, 07:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That would be fine with me. I know I'd want to know if it were on the board or not before making my OM decisions for the round.
Old October 29th, 2014, 02:12 AM

Re: Holocron of FX-7 (Public Design) (Initial Playtest)

FX-7 Medical Droid

Quote:
FX-7 Medical Droid
Independent

Droid
Common Hero
Medic
Useful
MEDIUM 5

Life 1
Move 0
Range 1
Attack 0
Defense 4
Points 35

FORWARD POSITIONING
FX-7 Medical Droid does not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of each round, before placing Order Markers, you may place one or more FX-7 Medical Droids on any empty spaces.

Field Medic
At the end of the round, remove one wound marker from the Army Card of every Unique Hero that is adjacent to at least one FX-7 Medical Droid. Droids and Vehicles may not remove wound markers using Field Medic.

Medical Programming
FX-7 may never attack an opponent's figure or make leaving engagement attacks.
THEME TEST
Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that do not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

MIRROR TEST
Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

BONDING TEST
Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

SYNERGIES TEST
Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
Pass

POWER CHECK
Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, Who or What it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

FUN TEST
Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

DRAFTING TEST
Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

USAGE TEST
Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

STRATEGY TEST
Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Absolutely passes

OVERALL SUMMARY
Describe your overall impressions of the design and how it plays.
Adds interesting and fun tactical choices to a hero heavy army. Also affects the opponent's tactics.

Army Test 1
Map: Vestige (no glyphs, no battlements)

Team A: Obi-Wan, Han Solo, Padawan Luke, Rebel Heavy Gunner, 2x FX-7's (515 points)

Team B: Cyprien, Sonya, Fen Hydra, Marro Warriors, 3x Marden Nagrubs, 1x Warriors of Ashra, C3PO (515)

Team B is a weird hodgepodge, but with healers on both teams (Cyp + Nagrubs), it should be interesting.

R1IB: RHG moves up left side of map on road. Cyp flies across and engages him for 1. Obi and Luke leap over the water together and Luke puts 1 on Cyp with SA. RHG 1 on Cyp.

FX-7 drops adjacent to RHG.

R2IB (C3PO caused init win): Cyp destroys RHG right off. Luke and Obi get bogged down with WoA's, but Obi pushes them away so they can get to Cyp. Cyp retreats to his SZ. Han NTMtOs one WoA (1 remains).

R3IA: Han puts on on Hydra. Cyp heals up with a Nagrub. Luke and Obi-Wan move to hill on left side of map. Marro Warriors advance and put on on Han (4/5). Luke destroys a MW (3/4).

R4IB: Hydra engages Han for 3 wounds (1/5). Han NTMtOs away from Hydra onto height, eliminating the last WoA. Cyp flies out and Obi disengages from MW for one wound and engages Cyp to trigger Luke's special power. Luke wounds Cyp to 3/6. Hydra destroys Han.

R5IB: Cyp runs back to SZ to heal. Obi/Luke move toward Hydra to block its access to the FX-7. Cyp heals to 4/6 in SZ by eating a Nagrub while Luke and Obi are near the center of the map killing the Hydra. Obi takes a spot next to the FX-7 while Luke kills a MW (2/4).

Obi heals a wound.

R6IB: Cyp insta-kills Luke with a roll of 21 on Chilling Touch. Obi moves along the road on left side of map and takes out an MW (1/4 remaining) near the hill on left side near-ish to enemy SZ. Obi and Cyp each trade a wound. Obi-Wan at 2/4, Cyp at 4/6.

FX-7 drops on hill adjacent to Obi.

R7 and R8: A heated battle between Obi and Cyp ensues. Cyp has a difficult time cracking Obi-Wan's 5 defense, especially since Obi keeps pushing him around and taking height. Cyprien keeps running back to his SZ to eat Nagrubs while Obi goes to the FX-7 on the last turn of rounds 7 and 8.

R9IB (C3PO win): Obi gets tired of Cyp, so he heads into the vamp's start zone and starts taking out Nagrubs right and left, as well as pushing them apart so Cyp cannot attempt to heal twice on an OM.

R10IB (C3PO win): The last Nagrub is used up. Cyp at 4/6, Obi at 3/4. Cyp destroys FX-7 on hill to prevent Obi from healing.

R11IA: Obi destroys C3PO and says, "I don't seem to remember ever owning a droid." Cyprien destroys the other FX-7, putting himself at 6/6, then rushes back to his SZ because Obi is attacking his queen.

R12IA: Obi destroys Sonya. The two battle back and forth on level ground in Cyp's SZ. Cyp gets 1+1 on Obi (1/4) and Obie gets 1, then 3 on Cyp (2/6).

R13IB: Cyp destroys Obi. This game basically came down to the R13 init roll!

Remaining: Cyprien with 2 wounds left.

Comments: they can't really get closer than that! Obi was able to be healed by the FX-7s three times, so 112 points worth of healing for a 70 point investment. Additionally, their presence greatly changed the flow of the game, forcing both sides to consider whether to save the FX-7 in order to try to use it or to destroy it to deny access. Very fun! The drop mechanism is cool too.

Army Test 2
Map: Vestige with Dagmar and Valda placed symbol side up

Team A: FX-7, Ulginesh, Arkmer, Johrdawn, Kyntela Gwyn, 3x WoAshra (505 points) - I haven't played Elf Wizards in a long time and they seemed like a reasonably hero heavy army to test FX-7 with.

Team B: Werewolf Lord, Hydra, 3x Wolves of Badru (500)

R1IA: Wolves and Warriors of Ashra advance. WoA attempt to set up a screen due to their Agility, but the Wolves pounce them instead. 2 WoA's go down to pounce and Kyntela Gwyn.

R2IA: Ulginesh's Wizards take out a wolf and the WoA's split to left and right of map while Werewolf Lord advances up along the road on right side of the map behind the WoB's. Ulginesh makes a fatal mistake and flies to height next to the road and attacks the WL for 1.

R3IB: WL puts 2 and a Lycanthropy marker on Ulgy. The wolves begin to dismantle the elves, bringing Ulginesh down to 1/5. Arkmer takes height and connects with WL bringing him to 1/6, but J cannot finish him off so she receives a wound and a Lyc marker from the WL.

FX-7 drops adjacent to the mortally wounded Ulginesh

R4IA: Arkmer destroys WL. WoA continue picking at WoB's, but it doesn't matter because of the Hydra. The Hydra advances up the road and starts wiping out everything.

Ulginesh heals back to 2/5.

R5 and R6: Hydra destroys everything without ever taking a wound.

Remaining: 4 Wolves of Badru, full health Hydra.

Comments: Every time I play the Elf Wizards, I am reminded why I don't play them. They are difficult to work with, and certainly no match for the Hydra. FX-7 did his job, healing 30 points this game.

Final Comment: If we were to vote today, I would pass FX-7 to Final Editing.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 04:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Those are some great looking tests Porkins! 35 is looking pretty reasonable and the power set seems to be fun and competitive.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 05:28 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Nice tests. 35 points is looking good.
Old November 5th, 2014, 02:48 PM

Potential card images:

I'll keep looking.

Old November 5th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I like this one except for the background.

I'll see if I can edit this into an image of a forest or glacier.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 5th, 2014, 03:10 PM

@Hogg - if you have the figure, we could use a picture for the card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape