Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old September 26th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Online Season 16 - SIGN UP UNTIL 10/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simval View Post
Pretty complicated rules, especially the part about the 0 losses and 1 loss tier. What was the purpose of changing it ?
The complication is to cover all kinds of weird corner cases we found that were making our rules do things we didn't want.

Most of the time, it's: Pair the highest-SoS player with the lowest-ranked player. Repeat.

Old September 26th, 2014, 06:57 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Very fun looking formats. Looking forwards to this one. And what a fantastic approach to army selecting the take 2! Just have a few questions. #2 is probably the most important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claim the Flag
Claim The Flag Rules
Each player begins the game with a treasure glyph of Brandar. When placing your army, you must place the treasure on the card of one of your unique heroes, or power-side-up on a space in your startzone.

If you end a turn with a figure on your opponent's glyph of Brandar, you win the game.
1) Just to confirm since I do not believe there is a Treasure Glyph of Brandar. Is that glyph treated as a normal treasure glyph for movement rules? My real question is asking if you have to stop on the glyph when moving onto it (like a power glyph) or can continue moving over it (like a treasure glyph). Also Heirloom's interactions with it may be relevant to this question.

2) Is having temporary control of a figure trigger the victory conditions? (If my opponent's flag is on Marcu and he rolls a 20 do I win if I have Marcu drop the flag where he is?)

3) Do I win if I kill all of my opponent's figures as well? There is no lava and wannok on the two maps, but if there were and my last turn killed my opponent's last figure and then I subsequently died from a backfiring Wannok or lava wound, would it be a draw since noone claimed the flag, or do I win under normal conditions?

4) I don't have the rulebooks on me, and I'm lazy. Can you drop a treasure glyph on a power glyph to intentionally destroy it? If so, that is obviously a problem here.
Old September 26th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Claim The Flag Rules
Each player begins the game with a treasure glyph of Brandar. When placing your army, you must place the treasure on the card of one of your unique heroes, or power-side-up on a space in your startzone.

If you end a turn with a figure on your opponent's glyph of Brandar, you win the game.
1) Just to confirm since I do not believe there is a Treasure Glyph of Brandar. Is that glyph treated as a normal treasure glyph for movement rules? My real question is asking if you have to stop on the glyph when moving onto it (like a power glyph) or can continue moving over it (like a treasure glyph). Also Heirloom's interactions with it may be relevant to this question.

2) Is having temporary control of a figure trigger the victory conditions? (If my opponent's flag is on Marcu and he rolls a 20 do I win if I have Marcu drop the flag where he is?)

3) Do I win if I kill all of my opponent's figures as well? There is no lava and wannok on the two maps, but if there were and my last turn killed my opponent's last figure and then I subsequently died from a backfiring Wannok or lava wound, would it be a draw since noone claimed the flag, or do I win under normal conditions?

4) I don't have the rulebooks on me, and I'm lazy. Can you drop a treasure glyph on a power glyph to intentionally destroy it? If so, that is obviously a problem here.
1) There is a Treasure Glyph of Brandar. Potion, A+1, D+1, and Brandar were the MS3 TGs. So, yes.

2) The victory condition for the scenario is checked after the temporary control has ended, so no.

3) Yes; not sure why that's not in there.

4) No, you can't. However, it probably should say that you must drop your flag if you're carrying it and another TG and have to choose which to drop when you're destroyed.

Old September 26th, 2014, 07:07 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Rules Question for Escape: If Eltahale uses Thunder Step to end her movement adjacent to an opponent's figure in her opponent's start zone, destroys the figure to end the turn unengaged, but rolls a skull to take a wound, what happens? Both the Escape condition and the power state "at the end of the turn," so do you just roll a d20 to see which happens first?
Old September 26th, 2014, 07:19 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Claim The Flag Rules

4) No, you can't. However, it probably should say that you must drop your flag if you're carrying it and another TG and have to choose which to drop when you're destroyed.
We will probably add a rule stating that if your army's Brandar is destroyed, you lose, to prevent abusing this. Otherwise you could run Otonashi onto a glyph while holding your flag, and destroy your own glyph intentionally.

Good catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Rules Question for Escape: If Eltahale uses Thunder Step to end her movement adjacent to an opponent's figure in her opponent's start zone, destroys the figure to end the turn unengaged, but rolls a skull to take a wound, what happens? Both the Escape condition and the power state "at the end of the turn," so do you just roll a d20 to see which happens first?
  1. Any card-related effects (returning control of Marcu, rolling for Thunder Step wounds, etc)
  2. Deciding whether to Escape with any eligible figures
  3. Evaluating victory conditions
Old September 27th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Joseph King, Retired

Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby!

Very complicated rules. But nonetheless, i might be able to join this one!! I know i have been gone but there is a little bit of a break from here so i hope to submit armies soon!

Also is there any prize for this tournament, or did i just miss something. Also, on the escape rules, if there is a tie for points of escaped figures, why does the winner go to the person with figures still on the field? shouldn't it be the one with less figures?

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
theats, allow me to introduce you to Rexmax2 he's our personal Heroscaper entertainer .
Old September 30th, 2014, 10:41 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
In

Submitted "crazy armies of screw you" as I've been taking to calling them.

~Dysole, interested to see where this goes
Old October 2nd, 2014, 11:09 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Sign-ups close this Sunday. Last Tournament before the End of Year Bash!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 11:12 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Sorry guys, it was timing out on posting, didn't realize it actually posted the 1st two times.

DOH!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 12:07 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I will play again next time you guys do one without customs.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 01:43 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Wish I could, but school and work have me pretty busy.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 02:22 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

When is the first game?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events