Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old March 20th, 2019, 07:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Coop/Solo Rules - Brainstorming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualizium View Post
I don't like "roll the dice to decide for the AI" systems, that just turns into the AI routinely making boneheaded decisions on obvious moves. I also don't like going "choose the most optimal course of action for the AI", in my mind that's not an AI at all, that's just complicated soloscape.
Agreed on both fronts. Hard to completely avoid both issues with AI, though. I think a good mix of the two can account for a lot of the worst things about either extreme, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 21st, 2019, 01:21 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I'm mulling this over. Thoughts pending.
Old March 21st, 2019, 06:28 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 24th, 2019, 03:16 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Subscribed.
Old March 24th, 2019, 06:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I have some ideas for this as well. Im finishing up some other projects right now but would love to make rain with a couple handfuls of pennies.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 24th, 2019, 07:42 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sweet.
Old March 24th, 2019, 08:41 PM

Definitely open to ideas - especially if we can retain Order Markers and have a real A.I.

Old March 25th, 2019, 06:46 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualizium View Post
I don't like "roll the dice to decide for the AI" systems, that just turns into the AI routinely making boneheaded decisions on obvious moves. I also don't like going "choose the most optimal course of action for the AI", in my mind that's not an AI at all, that's just complicated soloscape.
Agreed on both fronts. Hard to completely avoid both issues with AI, though. I think a good mix of the two can account for a lot of the worst things about either extreme, though.
I'm not sure, but is there any inspiration that can be taken from Heroes of Aturi Cluster? It's probably one of the better solo/co-op A.I. systems I've played that doesn't involve a computer app.

It's a cooperative campaign for the X-Wing Miniatures game. The AI system is largely built around balancing roll the dice vs optimization so the AI units are not just flying around being dumb by:

Quote:
1. Identify the nearest enemy or greatest threat.
2. Based on distance and location, roll on the matching table to determine movement.
3. Identify the AI unit's action priorities
4. Perform attacks.
Spoiler Alert!

For Heroscape, the order of operations would probably have to be different.
Old March 25th, 2019, 09:17 PM

The basic target selection and attack mechanics shouldn't be a problem at all, IMO. There are plenty of solid A.I.s that handle this part just fine (like Gloomhaven). It's all the random other powers that trigger outside of turn, during movement, after movement before attack, during attack, once per round, once per game, etc., etc. that can get tricky.

Plenty of effects are automatic, but for any optional or "may" power and for any "choose" power all of that has to be figured out one way or another.

Which is why I think it helps to know your army construction for the AI and write some army specific rules.

Oh, also distribution of activations within an army is a strategic thing that just randomizing can make messy. I'm hoping that the guidelines for an AI in the OP could help with that part a bit at least.

Old March 20th, 2020, 12:42 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I wanted to bump this.
I think the first thing we need to do is figure out the scenario we want.
Old March 20th, 2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I wanted to bump this.
I think the first thing we need to do is figure out the scenario we want.
I think the cleanest place to start is to do an A.I. Anti-Monitor vs. a 1600 point army.

Old March 20th, 2020, 02:05 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Or Gauntlet Quest Thanos maybe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy