Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old June 8th, 2010, 11:55 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My Supers. 10/12/18 Power Help Needed.

My fellow 'Scapers, please forgive the mess, I am currently revamping my super hero customs. Also, most of these, inspired by Grishnak's recent posts of his supers, will be my ideal version of the character.

Ok need some help here. I am workin on Black Panther and want to do the Kinetic Absorbtion he has on the suit he gets in the movie. Does this flow ok wording wise

KINETIC ABSORBTION
When Black Panther rolls defense dice, for each succesfully blocked skul you may put a kinetic energy marker on this Army Card to a maximum of 6 markers. Whenever Black Panther attacks you may remove up to 3 kinetic energy markers from this Army Card. Black Panther rolls one additional attack die for each removed marker.

Newest Card
Here's My take on Quicksilver, based him on the MCU version, just a slightlty toned down version of my Flash. Not sure if I should luist him as human or an experiment. Also not sure of my wording on Wolvie's Enhanced Senses

Wolverine

DC
Spoiler Alert!

MARVEL
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by JC McMinis; February 20th, 2021 at 07:24 PM.
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:43 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: jcmcminis Super customs.

I like what you've done with him. My only advice is to tidy up your card. What I mean is that all of the text in your powers should line up. I find it easier to line up the text on my cards if the biggest font size I use is 22. You might need to go smaller, I don't know what size you used. Other then that it's really good, I might need to go and make a Hulk now
Old June 9th, 2010, 07:45 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

glad you like him...I straightened up the text, so Im off to my next custom.
Old June 9th, 2010, 09:33 AM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Your version of the Hulk is WAY undercosted at 400 points. Your version is EPIC and more like 450-500 points. He wouldn't be playable in a regular pickup game.

It's an attractive card though, and it fits the theme.

Nice fist attempt on a custom, and welcome to this little corner of the board.
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:35 AM

Thansk Adam I've been thinking about making super customs for a while. I actaully looked at several of the customs that were already made before making this and there are some writeups of Superman that have the same attack & defense, more movement than my Hulk plus their powers and are right at 400 points. I look at it this wat the Hulk that came with Marvel was 370 points with a 6 att, 6 def, 5 move, range of 1, superleap, rage smash and stomp special attack. I didnt change his move, range or superleap at all. Stomp special attack I just renamed Hulk Smash. Rage Smash I renamed The Madder Hulk Gets an lowered it by on 1 dice, I figured lowering that along with adding Hulk IS Strongest one there is was about 10 points worth which brings us up to 380. Then raising attack and defense by 2 each would cost about 10 points each as well brings us up to 400. Thats my logic at least.
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:55 AM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
Thansk Adam I've been thinking about making super customs for a while.
We're always glad to have more customizers.

Quote:
I actaully looked at several of the customs that were already made before making this and there are some writeups of Superman that have the same attack & defense, more movement than my Hulk plus their powers and are right at 400 points.
What can I say other than all custom's are not created equally. There is litterally nothing to stop you, or anyone else, from marking their sutoms any point cost they like, but it doens't mean those values are appropriate.

The C3G Superman was extensively playtested by a small army of people to determine his point cost, which is 400 points, and your Hulk would crush him hands down.

Quote:
I look at it this wat the Hulk that came with Marvel was 370 points with a 6 att, 6 def, 5 move, range of 1, superleap, rage smash and stomp special attack. I didnt change his move, range or superleap at all. Stomp special attack I just renamed Hulk Smash. Rage Smash I renamed The Madder Hulk Gets an lowered it by on 1 dice, I figured lowering that along with adding Hulk IS Strongest one there is was about 10 points worth which brings us up to 380. Then raising attack and defense by 2 each would cost about 10 points each as well brings us up to 400. Thats my logic at least.
Attribute costs should scale as they get higher. Increasing attack and defense, the two most important attributes from six to eight alone would incur a much greater point increase than thirty points.

The defensive ability is worth way more than 10 points. It increases the probablility of rolling a shield from 33% to 50%. It might have been worth 10 points if he only had 2-3 defense, but at 8 defense it has him averaging 4 shields on a defensive roll. That is huge, you would need 10 attack dice, on average, to beat that.

Hulk is hands down the strongest model in Marvelscape and you gave him 2 fat stat boosts and a HUGE defensive ability.

Do me a favor and try this. Play your hulk verses any two heroes and Marvel scape and let me know who wins. Unless you roll absolutely terribly for Hulk it will be Hulk.

Even against Thanos and Surfer they would have to get lucky to beat him. They would roll 3 skulls and 2 shields on average verses your Hulks 4 skulls and 4 shields. If they managed to would him at all it would only increase the amount of damage Hulk would do.

I understand where you went with the concept, it's fitting, but it breaks the limits of what is "playable" in a regular game.
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:04 AM

I understand where you are coming from now...perhaps if I lower his Attack and Defense to 7 it would be closer to 400.
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Great first card, jcmcminis! If you like where Hulk is currently at, why not just cost him accordingly and make this your cap? I'd probably guesstimate him at 550 - 600 points.
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:17 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

600 is sounding right to me, I would not recomend that without some playtesting though. My best advice is playtest him aginst C3G customs and see what you get.

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:21 AM

You really think that much Balantai and not 450 to 500 like Adam thought..
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
600 is sounding right to me, I would not recomend that without some playtesting though. My best advice is playtest him aginst C3G customs and see what you get.
I will try that...though I will have to use proxies for the C3G customs as I only have about a dozen heroclix and Superman is the only one I actually have that has a C3G writeup.

Last edited by JC McMinis; June 9th, 2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
You really think that much Balantai and not 450 to 500 like Adam thought..
The only way to really tell is to playtest him, but my gut is saying 600 points. He's a 12 / 8 against figures with SS and a 12 / 12 against figures without. 12 defense and 8 life is pretty much impossible to bypass if you don't have SS. Hulk will end up destroying all squads. On the other hand, I don't mind this type of mismatch since, in my opinion, squads are already broken. 9 times out of 10, they will take down a hero of their own cost. Therefore, I don't mind seeing a hero that can wipe the board of squads.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations