Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 17th, 2018, 11:50 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
@Heroscaper 101

For the Blood Mist Ninjas, those things things hit heroes really hard. You might find yourself jacking up their cost to around the 140-150 range, because if all three engage one hero, they can potentially kill it in a single turn.

Taking Shadow Reflexes off of the card might not be a bad idea to help balance them out, even the hero ninjas aren't completely invisible to ranged attacks.
I changed the Blood Mist Ninjas again, here the card and miniatures.
The figure used for this unit is League Assassin from Auggies Heroclix Set. The name and model number is League Assassin Brave and the Bold #004.
The figure used for this unit is League Elite from Auggies Heroclix Set. The name and model number is League Elite Brave and the Bold #011.
The figure used for this unit is The Sensei from Auggies Heroclix Set. The name and model number is The Sensei Brave and the Bold #026.

Old September 18th, 2018, 12:00 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

@Heroscaper 101

You didn't have to change the entire card just because someone pointed out flaws in the design. You can definately scale a card back, but you took the ninjas in a whole new direction. Why not look for the direction you want to take with these units before you continue posting them.

For example, I might take the squad in a whole different direction other than human ninjas, but another person might turn the figure into a master ninja who takes turns with other ninjas. And another user might go in a whole different direction.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 18th, 2018, 12:23 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Good advice from flameslayer.

I'll post some thoughts on the dragon tomorrow.
Old September 18th, 2018, 12:25 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
@Heroscaper 101

You didn't have to change the entire card just because someone pointed out flaws in the design. You can definately scale a card back, but you took the ninjas in a whole new direction. Why not look for the direction you want to take with these units before you continue posting them.

For example, I might take the squad in a whole different direction other than human ninjas, but another person might turn the figure into a master ninja who takes turns with other ninjas. And another user might go in a whole different direction.
I changed Smoke Cloud to a vanish you can use if you receive a wound marker or 2.
Old September 18th, 2018, 12:06 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think I like Sephir for the most part. A few points:
  • +5 for the special seems like an odd limit when she can have at most 6 wounds.
  • I don't think she's quite 190, I might start at 170.
  • If you tweak stats, don't bump her defense. 4 would be too much for a kiter like Sephir.
  • I'm not super sold on the name Dragon's Rage Special Attack. I think it needs some name that describes the breath weapon.

Those are all minor points, I think she looks really cool!

-----------------------------------------

I think flameslayer has given some good advice about your customs in general and the Blood Mist Ninjas specifically.

When you change a card really drastically and frequently, it looks like you don't have a strong idea of what YOU want the card to be. Most critiques can be addressed with small changes.
Old September 18th, 2018, 12:26 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I think I like Sephir for the most part. A few points:
  • +5 for the special seems like an odd limit when she can have at most 6 wounds.
  • I don't think she's quite 190, I might start at 170.
  • If you tweak stats, don't bump her defense. 4 would be too much for a kiter like Sephir.
  • I'm not super sold on the name Dragon's Rage Special Attack. I think it needs some name that describes the breath weapon.

Those are all minor points, I think she looks really cool!
I’ve been tinkering with the powerset and stats, so I think when I gave it the +5 limiter, it was going off the model where she got two rages per turn. Maybe I’ll take the limit off, or make it +3.

I’ll give 170 a few tries! Thanks!

I like where her stats are at now, and yeah 4 defense on a kiting dragon would be a nuissance for the opponent.

I’ll think of a better name. Maybe Furious Fires, or even Wounded Firebreath to pay homage to Krug.

Thanks superfrog!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 18th, 2018, 07:00 PM

I hope everyone will love this version of the Blood Mist Ninjas enough. Their first power Smoke Cloud is like a vanish, unlike Disappearing Ninja that activates from normal attacks, the Blood Mist Ninjas vanish works on any attacks. They have Phantom Walk and Counter Strike powers like Kantono Daishi has. Here are the miniature and the army card.
The figure used for this unit is League Assassin from Auggies Heroclix Set. The name and model number is League Assassin Brave and the Bold #004.
The figure used for this unit is League Elite from Auggies Heroclix Set. The name and model number is League Elite Brave and the Bold #011.
The figure used for this unit is The Sensei from Auggies Heroclix Set. The name and model number is The Sensei Brave and the Bold #026.

Old September 18th, 2018, 07:04 PM
This is merely a joke.

I'll quote my post from a few posts up:

Quote:
When you change a card really drastically and frequently, it looks like you don't have a strong idea of what YOU want the card to be. Most critiques can be addressed with small changes.
You've posted like 5 versions of this card over the past week, all of which have been quite different. I think you need some conviction in your customs.
Old September 18th, 2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
I'll quote my post from a few posts up:

Quote:
You've posted like 5 versions of this card over the past week, all of which have been quite different. I think you need some conviction in your customs.
I this version of the Blood Mist Ninjas sticks and hope this is their final version as well.
Old September 18th, 2018, 07:48 PM
This is merely a joke.

Can you explain why you made the changes you made?
Old September 18th, 2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I gave them a vanish power instead, guess d20 rolls are beyond a ninja capabilities. The second power gave room for a third power. You can see that I added Counter Strike to them like Kantono Daishi has, also the Blood Mist Ninjas are the first ninja squad to have that ability. Their class is Shinobi, to indicate that this ninja squad is more experienced.
Old September 18th, 2018, 08:14 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Quote:
I gave them a vanish power instead, guess d20 rolls are beyond a ninja capabilities. The second power gave room for a third power. You can see that I added Counter Strike to them like Kantono Daishi has, also the Blood Mist Ninjas are the first ninja squad to have that ability. Their class is Shinobi, to indicate that this ninja squad is more experienced.
Compared to the last version you made, here are the changes:
  • Changed Smoke Cloud so that each ninja can move on a successful roll. (This power is now the same as Disappearing Ninja).
  • Dropped Sacred Dagger (which was a mashup of Double Attack and Blood Frenzy) entirely.
  • Added Counter Strike.
  • Bumped the Attack from 2 to 3.

You sort of explained Counter Strike. But both cards have a d20 power, so I'm confused as to your explanation there. Why did you drop Sacred Dagger? To me that was one of the focal points of the design.

Again, I'm not saying you should change it back at all. It just feels a bit like you're throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks. That is fine to do, of course, especially in your own thread. But if you're coming in here, you should have a section of the wall you're aiming at, so people can help you hit it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards