Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 30th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Spectre007 Woo who?
Re: The Book of Marcu Esenwein

Does revealing an "X" marker on Marcu cause Eternal Hatred to allow the opponents to take a turn?
Old December 30th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre007 View Post
Does revealing an "X" marker on Marcu cause Eternal Hatred to allow the opponents to take a turn?
You never "reveal" an "X" marker so its not an issue.

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old December 30th, 2009, 09:25 PM

Spectre007 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Ok, Thanks for the reply... We always played showing the "X" last. Wasn't sure.
Old December 30th, 2009, 09:28 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not necisarrily, there is a glyph called intercept orders it's abilities let you pick an opponents card and have them reveal an order marker, if you have the X on marcu and it is revealed due to the power of that glyph, then would you roll for the eternal hatred? Also, Dund has an ability that I think removes an order marker from a card. Not sure if that would count or not.

Edit- Just read Dund, All markers are removed so that would not count for Marcu's eternal hatred

Last edited by Chardris1287; December 30th, 2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old December 30th, 2009, 10:47 PM

DWK9000 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not necisarrily, there is a glyph called intercept orders it's abilities let you pick an opponents card and have them reveal an order marker, if you have the X on marcu and it is revealed due to the power of that glyph, then would you roll for the eternal hatred? Also, Dund has an ability that I think removes an order marker from a card. Not sure if that would count or not.

Edit- Just read Dund, All markers are removed so that would not count for Marcu's eternal hatred
No you wouldn't roll for the eternal Hatred because Intercept orders takes affect on your turn. Not your opponets so even if they had to roll for eternal hatred Marcu can't move out of turn
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:09 PM

Xenoexpert Woo who?

is it just me or does marcu's sculpt seem like it was based of the genestealers of warhammer 40k
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoexpert View Post
is it just me or does marcu's sculpt seem like it was based of the genestealers of warhammer 40k
Just you
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:08 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWK9000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No you wouldn't roll for the eternal Hatred because Intercept orders takes affect on your turn. Not your opponets so even if they had to roll for eternal hatred Marcu can't move out of turn
This might be a little irrelevant, but I just checked the SOTM rule book, and it says that when a figure is destroyed, then you leave the order markers on, but then you have to skip your turn (p.13) I always play when someone is destroyed you reveal the order markers on that card, but the rulebook seems to be suggesting that you do that when you would ordinarily activate that marker. I think it would be an intresting rule to mark his "grave" with a glyph (any really) and then possibly have him rise from the dead. I can actually see that this might be usefull in the case of reviving Thanos.
Edit- have him rise for only 1 turn obviously
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:34 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
This might be a little irrelevant, but I just checked the SOTM rule book, and it says that when a figure is destroyed, then you leave the order markers on, but then you have to skip your turn (p.13) I always play when someone is destroyed you reveal the order markers on that card, but the rulebook seems to be suggesting that you do that when you would ordinarily activate that marker. I think it would be an intresting rule to mark his "grave" with a glyph (any really) and then possibly have him rise from the dead. I can actually see that this might be usefull in the case of reviving Thanos.
Edit- have him rise for only 1 turn obviously
You do not have to reveal the OM's on a card when all of the figures for that card are destroyed until you would've done so in the normal course of play. Doing so when they are destroyed gives your opponent the distinct advantage of knowing, for certain, that you'll be skipping turns.

If I know my opponent can't retailiate, you can bet I'll probably act differently that I would if I fear retaliation.

In Marcu's case, if he's dead, Eternal Hatred doesn't work because well... he's dead.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
In Marcu's case, if he's dead, Eternal Hatred doesn't work because well... he's dead.
Yes, I know... it's just meant as a fun house rule. He's undead you know...
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Quote:
Yes, I know... it's just meant as a fun house rule. He's undead you know...
There's a place for those. It isn't in the Books.
Old June 19th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
You do not have to reveal the OM's on a card when all of the figures for that card are destroyed until you would've done so in the normal course of play. Doing so when they are destroyed gives your opponent the distinct advantage of knowing, for certain, that you'll be skipping turns.

If I know my opponent can't retailiate, you can bet I'll probably act differently that I would if I fear retaliation.
That is the point. I had also misread it. For over a year we played that if you destroyed a figure, you intercepted its orders. It changed strategy and we played around it.
I play by official rules, but I do miss that oversight.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units