Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old September 16th, 2007, 04:25 PM

skullsgood has disabled reputation
I'm happy to provide some captions when I can see the pictures, Richard!

The tourney received a small, but enthusiatic, turn-out, with one player, Paul, travelling 200 miles to participate - kudos to you, Sir.

Third place went to our resident shutter bug RichardD; second to another Scaper, Deathjester; and first place to local player Ken Chambers.

Congratulations to everyone.

Richard's fear of a vampire invasion proved unfounded, as only 'Jester included Essenwein in his army. A certain scarlet ninja proved popular, though - gotta love those 10 point make-weights.
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:28 PM

Jandars_Hope is surprisingly tart
What was the 'Point Cost' limit? Was it 500 point armies?
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:43 PM

Okay,

here's some captions for the images I can see.

One and three feature our youngest player, Cara Stones, learning her trade from the master, Greg Smith. Greg is odds-on favourite to win our local league this week.

Picture two features Richard's significant other, Jan, playing against our long distance driver, Paul. Our man from Wales enjoyed a convincing victory at the Dragonmeet tourney last year, but the Airborne failed to win him any silverware on this occassion.

Four sees the eventual top two pitted against one another, with Carl 'Deathjester' squaring off against Mr Chambers.

Skipping over the Little and Large combination of Ken and Greg, we see Cara's father, Billy, indulging in his favourite pass-time: eating. Sadly for Mr Stones, tortilla chips were the only things he could record a victory over on the day.

The tourney took place at Boughton House and I would like to take the opportunity to thank the house manager, Charles Lister - the dapper chap in the blue shirt, and a big Scape fan - for allowing us to invade the hallowed halls of that historic place.

Hopefully, we can do it all again next year.
Old September 18th, 2007, 04:46 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Down on page 2, and with the Houston thread catching up fast!

Anyway, my SOTM, wave 7 and assorted oddments are on a van somewhere in Birmingham, hopefully to be delivered this morning. Woohoo. Shame I've got to go to work in a bit.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old September 18th, 2007, 07:21 AM

And they've arrived!

All there, nothing dented or molested in the post. Phew - once Sandra got everything in stock, it all got delivered pretty fast.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

Old September 18th, 2007, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
And they've arrived!

All there, nothing dented or molested in the post. Phew - once Sandra got everything in stock, it all got delivered pretty fast.
Did you have any wave 3 in your order or was it just Sotm and wave 7?
I think I deleted my tracking number email so I don't know if it's been sent yet?!
Old September 18th, 2007, 03:39 PM

To reply to your earlier post, JH, the armies steadilly grew in size as the tourney progressed.

300, 400, 500 and, finally, 750. In addition, scenarios two and three offered additional points if specific objectives were achieved.

Glad to hear that your stuff has arrived Richard - I've just ordered mine.
Old September 18th, 2007, 04:23 PM

Just go to your order page in th eoriginal confirmation email - that should link to your order page on Sandra's site, with a tracking number on it.

And yes, I got everything - wave 7, wave 3, SOTM and some other bits.

There was a small packing error made by Hasbro on one of the SOTM sets - no wound markers, but an extra set of glyphs. Like I need any more wound markers!

Old September 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
Just go to your order page in the original confirmation email - that should link to your order page on Sandra's site, with a tracking number on it.
Unfortunately I think I deleted that and only kept the paypal authorised payment email.

ADDED:
Sandra just PMed me saying my order hasn't been shipped yet. Darn you wave 3!
Old September 18th, 2007, 05:58 PM

We've just played a couple of the games from the campaign series in SOTM. Lord knows how the Marro are supposed to win games 1 and 2 (OK, I pulled off a win, but Jan wasn't exactly trying hard).

Those heroes are pretty darned tough - what with Drake's new grapple AND pistol (making him quite a bit better than old Drake), Q10's deadly multiple attack options, and Sonlen - wow, he's one serious elf dude. Heals, wounds, and still has a decent attack and defence.

As the Marro win the second game by taking out two heroes, I went straight for the weak links - the ninja girl (forgotten her name already - she didn't ake it to the end of the first turn) and Raelin. I don't know why they kept the same silver and blue paint scheme for Raelin - it would be much more realistic to have her with a target painted front and back. It's a rare game when I don't target her first.

Old September 18th, 2007, 06:05 PM

Ninja Girl > Shiori.

Stop making me jealous. I have to wait at least another week.
Old September 18th, 2007, 07:15 PM

From now on, she'll be known as "marro-bait".

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers