Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 24th, 2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker
Uchiha Customs NEW 8/31: Assassin Apprentices

I've recently gotten back into custom making and after reading through several threads that discuss classic custom units as well as superhero units, I feel more knowledgeable. That along with my new method for creating army cards has contributed to my resurgence in custom making. So without further ado, I give you my customs thread...

Faruq and Assassin Apprentices
Spoiler Alert!

Corgak
Spoiler Alert!

Yamaki
Spoiler Alert!

Golem Sentinel
Spoiler Alert!

Valkrill
Spoiler Alert!

Note: None of the above units have been playtested, but I would be honored to hear of any battle reports of games if you use my units. Point estimates and other constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated .

Last edited by Uchiha Blood; August 31st, 2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: added assassin apprentices
Old March 24th, 2011, 09:13 PM

NovaRaptor is surprisingly tart
Re: Uchiha Customs: Third Time's the Charm

Good to see you back. You've got some nice cards there. I especially like Yamaki. I could see me printing that one out. What figure did you use for it? Also i think Dwarven Guardian is alittle cheap. I would price him between 160-180 depending on how hard he was to kill. All in all a solid showing. Looking forward to more form you.
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:37 PM

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

Thank you for the constructive criticism and compliments. Yamaki is a D&D figure from the Savage Encounters set. He is the Tiefling Necromancer.

While I do think that the Dwarven Guardian could use a price boost after a quick comparison, I don't think it is should be as substantial as your suggesting. I tried to make him similar to the Iron Golem, but allow some use in a dwarf army.

The Dwarven Guardian has 1 more life, 1 less move, 2 less attack, and 1 more defense in comparison with the Iron Golem, with the bonding from his Guardian Rock power, and because he can only attack once, I think he should be closer to the 120 range. Like I said, I haven't playtested so he may prove to be incredibly useful to a dwarf army due to his guardian rock power.
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:54 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

I like Yamaki and have been thinking about a Necromancer myself. I would suggest maybe making it just clearsight instead of 4 spaces. With 4 life and 3 defense he will die pretty quickly if he has to be close to the action.
Old March 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
I like Yamaki and have been thinking about a Necromancer myself. I would suggest maybe making it just clearsight instead of 4 spaces. With 4 life and 3 defense he will die pretty quickly if he has to be close to the action.
I like your concept, but I agree with Devil's Advocate. I think he will die quickly if he is in the action, and personally I wouldn't be using order markers on a hero with 2 attack anyway so he wouldn't be anywhere near the thick of the action, if in my army at all. I love the orc spy though! He seems really fun to play with and annoying for the opponent.
Old March 25th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
Thank you. I was thinking about his stats in relation to other units of his point range and think your right about his survivability. Mimring has the same defense and another life, so I don't really think a necromancer should have the same survivability as a dragon. I suppose a necromancer would have a sort of link with his servants. Hmm... I like the idea of a necromancer guarded by a horde of his servants, bringing them back to life when possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
I like your concept, but I agree with Devil's Advocate. I think he will die quickly if he is in the action, and personally I wouldn't be using order markers on a hero with 2 attack anyway so he wouldn't be anywhere near the thick of the action, if in my army at all. I love the orc spy though! He seems really fun to play with and annoying for the opponent.
Thank you. When I got the figure I knew I had to make a secret agent custom out of him.

As for the necromancer, it seems he needs increased range on his revival power in order to be worth drafting at 160 points. I'll see how I want to word his power.

Thanks for all the comments and constructive criticism!

EDIT: Changed the range of the power to eight spaces, I don't want the range too far to let people take advantage of the power on castle maps where he can overlook most of the map. I also lowered the defense on the Dwarven Guardian and raised his cost.

Last edited by Uchiha Blood; March 25th, 2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old March 26th, 2011, 10:07 AM

Added two more customs for Valkrill's army, Apollyon and his Legion Skeletons!
Old March 26th, 2011, 04:43 PM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker

These customs are great, with new ideas on abilities.

With yamaki, as worded, can he bring back heros and squads?
I also agree his stats seem low.

With the skeletons, I would like to see them bond with any overlord. I was just trying to come up with an overlord bonding squad, and these guys fit.

Dwarf golem, is a good idea for that sculpt, I always overlooked it, when I was deciding custom cards for figures.
Old March 26th, 2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahosaphat View Post
These customs are great, with new ideas on abilities.

With yamaki, as worded, can he bring back heros and squads?
I also agree his stats seem low.

With the skeletons, I would like to see them bond with any overlord. I was just trying to come up with an overlord bonding squad, and these guys fit.

Dwarf golem, is a good idea for that sculpt, I always overlooked it, when I was deciding custom cards for figures.
Thank you. Yes, Yamaki can bring back both heroes and squads, I just noticed that actually. I was thinking of Uncommon Heroes when I added that though, the ability to bring figures like Cyprien back is probably a bit overpowered.

The only other official overlord is TBR, and I don't see why they would follow him. What other overlords do you have in mind? I don't know any off the top of my head.
Old August 4th, 2011, 05:28 PM

Re: Uchiha Customs NEW: Event Hero Balor

First draft of my first ever Event hero. If anyone could spare the time it would be great if you could help me with an approximate price.

Balor

One of the most powerful demons of the worlds of both D&D and many other RPGs, the Balor should strike a terror into the heart of any army. I'm aiming at an Event Hero, but not sure how to cost at this scale. I'm looking for a unit that would be good with a few demon minions to order around.
This figure is Balor from Legendary Evils.
Old August 6th, 2011, 12:54 PM

I've been playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood a lot lately and the thought hit me: The only assassins in HeroScape are traditional ninja. Now, that is all fine and dandy, but assassination played a large part in Middle Eastern history (not just talking AC storyline, it was based on the history). So I've decided to start work on an assassin custom.

Right now I've got:

Figure

Faruq (Romanized Arabic for 'sword')
General?

Human
Unique Hero
Assassin
Tricky
Medium 5

Life- not sure about this, thinking 4 or 5
Move- 6
Range- 1
Attack- 4 (This would be a main attack for conflict, with assassination as a kind of power)
Defense- 4 or 5 (someone who takes up arms for a living should be able to protect themselves)
Points- 140-180

Special Powers:
Assassination
Some sort of Stealth power like Hide in Shadows

Any feedback on what I already have or what I could add to it would be awesome. I'd love to hear from the collective creative genius here in these forums.

I added 4 pictures of the Balor to the first post. Some size comparisons with a figure from each master set and another pic I couldn't resist shooting.

Last edited by Uchiha Blood; August 6th, 2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: added the assassin figure and first post update notice
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:22 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Blood View Post
First draft of my first ever Event hero. If anyone could spare the time it would be great if you could help me with an approximate price.

Balor

One of the most powerful demons of the worlds of both D&D and many other RPGs, the Balor should strike a terror into the heart of any army. I'm aiming at an Event Hero, but not sure how to cost at this scale. I'm looking for a unit that would be good with a few demon minions to order around.
This figure is Balor from Legendary Evils.
Hey Uchida,

800 points is way to high. the basic stats matchs Tor-Kul-Na and even with twice the life and the speacials...I cannot see him being more than 300 points.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards