Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 14th, 2011, 04:38 PM

lxnrhinners is surprisingly tart
Unhappy I need help. No, seriously...I have a problem.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this... if it's appropriate to post at all... but I'm getting kind of desperate here, and I thought that you guys of all people could help me.

I am addicted to Heroscape.

Now, before going on anymore, please realize that this thread is in all seriousness. This is not a place to post funny/snarky comments about how you have been arrested for public displays of your "Jotun," or smoking some grass...tiles, or selling the kids for an extra Ticalla Jungle expansion.

I am almost positive that I am seriously, if not dangerously, addicted to the game, purchasing, and even concepts of Heroscape. I have spent nearly all of the money I own on eBay just on Heroscape items; I find myself unable to concentrate on anything without relating it back to Heroscape--even morbid conversations with friends or family meant for solemn concentration; and I have even found myself missing full days of classes simply to stay in my dorm room and design custom maps, characters, or armies.

This is a plea for help. I am reaching out to those who understand the draw and the power of the incredible game of Heroscape--great, intelligent and lovely people who might relate to me where a counselor never could.

If anyone--anyone at all--has any suggestions, tips, advice, or methods that I can utilize or seek out in order to help me do more with my life than just do Heroscape all day, please, let me know. I sincerely hope that the brilliant minds here can assist not only me, but others who are truly struggling with Heroscape addiction.

Thank you for your time.

~LX

*** Time Lords vs. Taelord: DoctorScape ***

*** Reusing Missed Attacks?: Love Your Planet, Hate Your Opponent's Krav Maga ***

~ If we knew the meaning of life, life would have no meaning. ~
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: I need help. No, seriously...I have a problem.

If this is serious, then I would suggest seeking professional help. Talk to a therapist, a school counselor, or clergyman.

Addiction or perhaps in this case, obsession, is serious. Its good that you have realized you have a problem, now seek the help you need.

I wish I could be more help. Good luck.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death!

Start Reading Threads. Every thread beginning to end. You will get so sick of hearing that DUND sucks, Taelord costs to much or that we need pirates that you will burn out.

The key to an obsession is to indulge until you are sick then you will return to a healthly relationship, or die, I guess Dieing is always an option.

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM

elitebeatk is surprisingly tart

I just tell myself to STOP. After talking about 'scape for a bit, try asking the other person a question.
Old February 14th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
If this is serious, then I would suggest seeking professional help. Talk to a therapist, a school counselor, or clergyman.

Addiction or perhaps in this case, obsession, is serious. Its good that you have realized you have a problem, now seek the help you need.

This.
Old February 14th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:

If you aren't taking care of yourself and you aren't being responsible - and it sounds like you're worried about these things - then read it again.

Quote:

Everybody needs help sometimes. Some people really struggle with how to ask, that's all.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old February 14th, 2011, 06:35 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

I used to be addicted to Xbox. I went into withdraw on the weekdays when I couldn't play it. I played all weekends and did little else. However, my parents finally allowed me to play on weekdays, and I played all day then too. Eventually, I got bored, and now haven't played it in a month or so. I hope you don't get this bored with Heroscape, but I do hope that you lose your obsession. Good luck!

My customs HERE. <-----
"I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work" -Edison
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:10 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Go to a twelve step meeting. Its great for perspective even if you're not an addict/alcoholic. They have them everywhere and they meet almost every hour.
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:54 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sell the stuff. Out of sight/mind.

I am serious.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:57 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Sell the stuff. Out of sight/mind.

I am serious.
That's good advice, if it's as bad as you say... I'd also suggest blocking this website from your computer.
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:59 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

While I'm not at all familiar with Wisconsin, more than a decade working in mental health has shown me that there are a good number of outpatient services available, free of charge even. Talk to your family, friends, even your physician about referring you to someone who can really help you get a handle on your obsession.

It's good that you're recognizing your obsession, now it's time to take action. Best of luck to you; you'll find your strength.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old February 14th, 2011, 09:11 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

The serious next step would be to seek help.

You need to talk to a therapist. They can help guide you through breaking your obsession with Heroscape. Parents, friends, etc. can all help, but all have a vested interest. If you want an honest non-biased opinion, and real help, therapy is the way to go.

You have identified the problem or see something you don't like in yourself. Thats a Great thing, even if it does not feel like it, because your going to change it.

Self improvement hurts, but it will make you stronger.

Good luck.

Delphic

Edit: nate the dawg has it right.

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion