Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 6th, 2010, 05:13 PM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker
Re: 11/7 in Savage, Maryland - Heroes' Gauntlet Run

I know Daddyscaper and I wanted to stress this point:
Everyone's army is only 1/2 of the strategy for ranking high in this tournament. Exceptional players will need to be well versed with each "map army." Familiarity will help bring maximum damage on their opponent - and prevent them from scoring higher.
Old October 6th, 2010, 05:23 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How exactly is scoring going to work?
Old October 6th, 2010, 05:43 PM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Players will tape an extra five dollars to their score sheet.

We'll add the four totals of points scored from each player's drafted army.

There may be a conciliatory award for whomever scored highest using the "map armies."

Speaking of awards - The prizes are bloody terrific. Many thanks to WOTC. The $5 entry fee only "boosts" the goodness.
Old October 6th, 2010, 06:13 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcula View Post
Quote:
You guys come pretty cheap!

Quote:
We'll add the four totals of points scored from each player's drafted army.
So you score points for what you kill during the match? Will it be full card scoring (you only get points if the unit is destroyed) or partial card scoring (you get points for each wound marker on the card at the end of the game)?

Quote:
There may be a conciliatory award for whomever scored highest using the "map armies."
This would actually be really cool even if there were no prizes associtated with it. It would be fun to see who did the best with each individual map army as well as who did the best overall with the map armies. The flip side is that it may be more work then its worth though.

Quote:
Speaking of awards - The prizes are bloody terrific. Many thanks to WOTC. The $5 entry fee only "boosts" the goodness.
WotC really did do a fantastic job with prize support this year. You and DaddyScaper are also doing a fantastic job putting all of this together. I don't think I have seen as much work go into holding a tournament before (well except maybe GenCon ).
Old October 6th, 2010, 06:50 PM

Thanks Big T.

Ben and I are still tweaking the nuances of the scoring system. No worries - all will be righteous on 11/7.

I look forward to chatting up new board games with ya.
Old October 7th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcula View Post
Quote:
You guys come pretty cheap!
That's $5 for Drewcula. That's good for something, but it's $5 *each* for the 2 of us.

Quote:
So you score points for what you kill during the match? Will it be full card scoring (you only get points if the unit is destroyed) or partial card scoring (you get points for each wound marker on the card at the end of the game)?
Partial card scoring. It gets complicated otherwise (I think).

Quote:
You and DaddyScaper are also doing a fantastic job putting all of this together. I don't think I have seen as much work go into holding a tournament before (well except maybe GenCon ).
Yup. Next time it's 520 points with no restrictions and all the maps will be "Mole Hills."

Hmmm....

Shurrak 160/160
Syvarris 100/260
Kaemon Awa 120/380

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old October 7th, 2010, 05:03 PM

Ben,
Thats a fun, bold, build!
Lots of arrows in someone's future.

I need to buckle down and figure out my plan of attack (w/out Q9 or Dracula).

Might have to take a posse. I'd most certainly lose - but it would be gun fighting fun!
Old October 8th, 2010, 11:15 PM

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Bumping to remind everyone on the list - those who have said yes, and those who have said maybe - please let me know if there's a change. From a "maybe" to a "yes," from a "yes" to a "maybe," etc.

= =
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:49 PM

ToyotaGT1 is surprisingly tart

Sorry to inform, but I will not be attending.
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:53 PM

I understand, it's a long haul from Virginia Beach. Five hours? Something like that. You might have some luck looking for events in North Carolina, too, I think I remember seeing some of our members posting from NC.

Maybe another time.

= =
Old October 12th, 2010, 09:27 PM

ToyotaGT1 is surprisingly tart

Yeah 5 at least. Depending on the traffic around D.C. since I wouldve take I-95 north...maybe someday I will be able to. Heck, I should try and get something started here in VB...
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:56 PM

Now *there's* a good idea.

I know Virginia Beach has a couple really good game shops, one of which has a huge back room for events. It's in a little strip in the middle of an urban nowhere, with the counter on your right as you enter the door and just beyond it is the doorway to the event room, decorated with dozens of confiscated counterfeit CCG cards from events gone by. If you know which one I mean, that's the one I'd start my campaign at. They don't carry much 'Scape but I bet they would if you could generate some interest there.

Anyway.

I currently have an unorthodox army in mind. If I bring it, it will turn some heads.

Maps will go up this week. Really this time.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events