Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old March 11th, 2010, 10:00 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!
G1shark's Customs

Hello, I have been on the forums for some time, and wanted to share some of the customs Ive made, alot of this was inspired by leifkicker with his tutorial on Aves apoxie sculpt. Many others have made customs that have also been inspirational. Anyway I took some screen shots hope you like them. ^^

I just recently finished this, well mostly I still have to put a name on the boat but otherwise its finished. It took me quite awile to make. The boat holds up to 15 figures and I will be making a second one for a ship senario involving capturing a island.

Pic #1

Pic #2

Pic #3

Row Boat (holds 3 figures)

Jet Ski

Stone Door:

Outside

Inside

I didnt like the stalagmites from the D&D set so I made my own:

Kyrie Tomb:

Opened

Closed

Stump

Healing Fountain and Valiant Statue

I had came up with the mushrooms awile ago Im still trying to figure out some type of ability that makes units adjacent to the giant mushrooms roll a 20 sided die for different effects.

Update on page 3 at 03/29/10

Last edited by G1shark; March 30th, 2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:27 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker
Re: G1shark's Customs

Those pieces are simply awe inspiring. Well done! +rep

And with the 'shrooms, maybe you could have them secrete a posion gas. Or be like the ones in Menzoberranzan (city of Drow) that alert people when an enemy gets near. Maybe something like a free movement for an opponent.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain

Last edited by Sport351; March 11th, 2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport351 View Post

And with the 'shrooms, maybe you could have them secrete a posion gas. Or be like the ones in Menzoberranzan (city of Drow) that alert people when an eneme gets near. Maybe something like a free movement for an opponent.
I was thinking the 'shrooms could make a unit see unicorns and rainbows while it sat on the same hex and starred off into space, rendering it useless for the rest of the game.

Nice work though! I really like the stump. It's climbable right?

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Some pretty nice stuff. The ship is awesome. Looking forward to seeing a battle report once you get the second one done.
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:48 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
I was thinking the 'shrooms could make a unit see unicorns and rainbows while it sat on the same hex and starred off into space, rendering it useless for the rest of the game.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:54 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Nice work though! I really like the stump. It's climbable right?
Yes, there is enough room for a figure to stand on top of it :3

Quote:

And with the 'shrooms, maybe you could have them secrete a posion gas. Or be like the ones in Menzoberranzan (city of Drow) that alert people when an enemy gets near. Maybe something like a free movement for an opponent.
I was thinking more on what Jandarforever and probley have it so the unit looses its turn if they roll like 9~14 kinda like the spiders the web ability, and throw in some other things. Maybe 19~20 figure is destroyed?

Quote:
Some pretty nice stuff. The ship is awesome. Looking forward to seeing a battle report once you get the second one done.
Sure ^^ i'm also building a raft but its not quite as fancy as the rest of the boats, its kinda theme for swamp areas.
Old March 11th, 2010, 11:14 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1shark View Post
I was thinking more on what Jandarforever and probley have it so the unit looses its turn if they roll like 9~14 kinda like the spiders the web ability, and throw in some other things. Maybe 19~20 figure is destroyed?
That unit is automatically destroyed when targetted by a Lawman. It's like a bonus ability for Shotgun Sullivan!

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old March 12th, 2010, 03:12 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker

I had considered doing a stone version of the door also...

Great minds...
Old March 12th, 2010, 08:56 PM

You should its one of the easier things I have done lately. Ive been trying to go towards more buildings and complex things to try to get the hang of that, some of this stuff such as the boat where a pain to build but very happy how they turned out. Here is some more completed and still working on projects:

Grave Yard Set:

I have not gotten up to where I've made a ruined church or alter yet but they are on my mind as far as ideals to make.

Sujoah's Cocoon + large dead tree.

I found that at the pet section of walmart and just added sculpting apoxie at the bottom to both keep it in place and add style I found if you wet stryofoam (the green or white hard kind you get at walmart in the fake flower section) and the apoxie with water. Then press the foam against the apoxie it makes a nice grass like texture if repeated.

Tar and bones:

I need to do some more touch ups on the black parts for this some of the blue from the water is showing but it wont be to hard just havent gotten around to it yet.

Cave Entrance:

Front:

Back:

This was actually the first thing I ever sculpted, I just am afraid to paint it. I'm glad I waited until the dungeon tiles came out its been setting around collecting dust for about 3 years now.

Bunker + Wolves Den

Front:

Back:

I also made these along time ago and Just never got around to painting them...

Raft for Swamps

I made this a few days ago it and the Orc Plunder Ship are my two current projects.

Orc Plunder Ship

Pic #1

Pic #2

Stone Wall

I plan on this being one of the first things i try to duplicate using molds.
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:01 PM

That is pretty much all I have made so far, there about 4-5 other small things like Cacti, A underground pool (waiting for the fake water to be shipped to my house), underground crystals (for mines) a pile of rocks for sealing cave sections during D&D quests, some Aztec runs I got from walmart and apoxied to a to a tile but not fond on how it came out, a wooden board that sits ontop of the ruins for the orignal master sets ruins, afew other odds and ends that have been suggested by other people like the fence or the mini hive peices, or rocks, just stuff like that... I have to much free time lol...
Old March 13th, 2010, 03:36 AM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker

Do you have any rules for the water craft movement?

My custom Terrain and Units.

My HS pics
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:49 AM

Most of the rules I have are based off of GreyOwl Naval rule guide (1st Edition)

For moment for the sailboats its 4 movement, and if they have to turn it costs 4 movement and the space has to be available for the turn. Originally I was also going to make bigger ships with cannons and such on them but realized that the sheer size to make that would not fit many boards, especially if the boat had to turn. I picked transport ships because that also focused more on the units and less like a giant game of battleship. lol

Last edited by G1shark; March 13th, 2010 at 09:56 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles