Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old February 21st, 2010, 12:36 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Knights of the Daystorm - custom 5-dungeon campaign - 80

Let's start with changes to the Earth dungeon:

Previous changes:
Spoiler Alert!

New changes:
  • Reclarified rules for Room 1 to be extra clear.
  • Modified Room 2 a bit more.
  • In keeping with the 2 BftU set requirement, I removed the "+1 for advanced" on the Deepwyrm drow as this would require 3 sets of them. Instead, I gave them closer starting zone options in the advanced options.
  • To clarify, this dungeon requires: 1 RotV, 1 SotM, and 2 BftU sets to build.
  • Othkurik now carries the Earth Key, granting him +2 Defense and a round of non-moving invulnerability. He has the distinction of being the only dungeon boss to carry a Key and may warrant a precident.
Old February 21st, 2010, 07:39 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I had a lot of fun playing through the Fire Dungeon last night!

Crixus almost made it. So close!

Thanks for all the work you're putting in to it and I eagerly await for the date to be set for the play through date!

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:02 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Changes to the Fire dungeon:
  • Reworked Room 2's layout. This should be an even more dynamic encounter now, both in normal and Advanced versions.
  • Changed the rules in Room 3 to require only 3 of the 4 vents to be covered to shut them off instead of all 4.
  • Slid the Rooms around a bit to reduce the footprint of the dungeon.
  • Changed Runa's Riddle mechanic. Runa now asks two riddles at the start of each round and if the player answers both correct, combat ends and the player advances.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
I had a lot of fun playing through the Fire Dungeon last night!

Crixus almost made it. So close!

Thanks for all the work you're putting in to it and I eagerly await for the date to be set for the play through date!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm going to set that date after I finish this round of revisions. I need to test Sanctuary at least once before that date. I'll make one final round of revisions after that, polish the whole presentation a bit, and if the mods don't object, create a new "release" thread for the final product.

FYI: I will include the build requirements in the final version. I didn't want to get into that until I had final versions of the dungeons.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:34 AM

Changed the rules of the Water Dungeon:
  • Lowered the necessary sets for the build requirements. (Now only need 2 RotV, 1 SotM, and 1 TT.)
  • Changed Room 1 to feature Zombies of Morindan instead of Wolves of Badru. These zombies a bloated with river water and as such do not stop their movement when entering water spaces.
  • Clarified Heavy Snow and Normal Ice in Room 2. Brunak's heat ability allows him to treat snow tiles as Normal Snow.
Changed the rules in the KotDS Rulebook:
  • Clarified that Knights heal all wounds between room encounters.
  • Specified the long-reaching effects of Viking spirits.
  • Rules now state that if a Hero holding at least one Key dies, Keys must be dropped in lieu of other treasures. Multiple Keys on the same recently destroyed Hero can be dropped.
  • Added the Artifact Glyph cards for all 4 Keys!
  • Added the player's sheets to this file.
The Air Dungeon has undergone significant revision to Rooms 4 and 5.
  • Room 5 is now built separately and added to the castle walls surrounding room 3 after the player has finished Room 4. (In-game it descends from the clouds.) Once built, Room 5 takes place across the entire dungeon, with Major Q10 able to move his spire to any two Castle Walk tiles.
  • The Turbolifts in Room 4 and 5 now replace the rules for Castle Walk tiles, essentially giving players the Flying ability if they spend their entire movement on Castle Walk tiles.
  • Room 1 was tweaked a bit to add some water, making life a little more difficult for those single-hex Heroes!
  • Several things were given further clarification.

Last edited by Velenne; February 22nd, 2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:39 PM

All KotDS files in the download section have been updated to include the revisions made and suggested up to the time of this posting.

At this point, I need to playtest Sanctuary at least twice before my upcoming KotDS gameday.

After the gameday, I'll take up feedback, make changes, and publish the final version of this gargantuan project.

Last edited by Velenne; February 22nd, 2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 05:02 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Knights of the Daystorm - custom 5-dungeon campaign - 90

Wow Velenne, I like the changes you made. Now I'm going to have to play it again

I am also hoping to get in Sanctuary battles this week.

I do have one concern with the last Dungeon...where are the dragons?

When you suggested that the keys would lead the Knights to Icaria, I thought we would see the dragons. I am a little disappointed in seeing only the four "bosses" that seemed too easy in the first place. I thought I'd see a different dragon representing each element along with each boss a second time.

Something Like this:

Sujoah & Zelrig - The Lava Pit
Major Q10 & Charos - The Ramparts
Othkurik & Braxas - The Underground Bog
Cyprien & Nilfheim - The Frozen Glade

Anyways, I hope I can playtest this as well...I'll keep you updated on my progress.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 22nd, 2010, 06:46 PM

You're actually fighting two bosses simultaneously, followed immediately by another two bosses + Charos with Mindlink. It may need to be dragons instead but I'm not convinced yet.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:41 AM

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
You're actually fighting two bosses simultaneously, followed immediately by another two bosses + Charos with Mindlink. It may need to be dragons instead but I'm not convinced yet.
Velenne, if you are fighting two at once...why are there start zones for each elemental "MOP"? Just curious, because, I thought each "MOP" was treated like a separate room like the rest of the campaign.

C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Velenne, if you are fighting two at once...why are there start zones for each elemental "MOP"? Just curious, because, I thought each "MOP" was treated like a separate room like the rest of the campaign.
You play on two sections for Battle 1, but the player chooses which two. The DM orients them and brings them together. The DM can then place the two matching guardians for the chosen sections in whichever blue starting spaces he likes.

Then in Battle 2, the DM brings in the remaining two sections and you fight those two guardians + Charos on the whole map.

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:03 PM

Here's what I've got it down to right now:
  • Earth Dungeon: 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU
  • Fire Dungeon: 2 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 VW
  • Water Dungeon: 2 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 TT
  • Air Dungeon: 1 RotV, 2 FotA, 1 Marvel, 2 RttFF
  • Sanctuary: 2 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU, 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 2 VW, 2 FotA, 1 RttFF
I did some very minor aesthetic changes to Sanctuary to make sure it fit within the set limits created by the previous 4 dungeons. In all but one case you wouldn't even notice.

Figure-wise you need:
  • Earth: 2 BftU sets.
  • Fire Dungeon: 2-3 VW sets, 2 squads of Minions, Taelord, 2-3 Granite Guardians (who can proxy for Obsidian Guards), Runa, Sujoah, 1-2 squads of Fyorlag Spiders
  • Water Dungeon: All the Esenweins and Retchets, Brunak, 2-3 Zombies of Morindan, Jotun, Gurei-Oni.
  • Air Dungeon: 2-3 Deathstalkers, 2-3 Blastatrons, 2 Gladiators, DW9k, Zettian Guards, 2-3 Deathreavers, 2-3 Omnicron Snipers, Major Q10, 2 Omnicron Repulsors
  • Sanctuary: Charos.
So that's:
  • 2 RotV,
  • 1 SotM
  • 2 BftU
  • 2 (3 without figure proxies) VW
  • 1 TT
  • 2 RttFF
  • 2 FotA
  • 1 Marvel
  • 2x TJ
  • 3x Malliddon's Prophecy: Snipers and Vipers
  • Malliddon's Prophecy: Heroes of Bleakwoode
  • 2x Utgar's Rage: Drones and Minions
  • Orm's Return
  • 2x Zanafor's Discovery: Soulborgs and Elves
  • Raknar's Vision: Heroes of Lindesfarme
  • Thora's Vengeance: Soulborgs
  • Thora's Vengeance: Warriors and Soulborgs
  • 1-2x Dawn of Darkness: Zombies
  • Dawn of Darkness: Heroes of Durgeth
  • Fields of Valor: Fiends and Vampires
  • Fields of Valor: Heroes of Elswin
  • Aquilla's Alliance: Heroes of the Quagmire
  • 2x Blackmoon's Siege: Dwarves and Repulsors
  • 3x Valkrill's Gambit: Warriors of Feldspar

Last edited by Velenne; February 23rd, 2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old February 24th, 2010, 12:29 PM

Here's the end of Playtest Team #1

Eravan Sunshadow, Atlaga, Marcu Esenwein, Kyntela Gwyn, Brunak, and Raelin (SotM)

Sanctuary

WATER & AIR MAPS –Raelin (Fire Key), Kyntela Gwyn (Amulet of Health, Vorpal Sword), Marcu Esenwein (Ring of Protection +2), Brunak (Heroic Rune), Atlaga (Eyes of the Eagle , Luckstone , Boots of Haste), Eravan Sunshadow (Scrolls, Earth Key)

Round 1: The “Bosses “ win initiative, and Cyprien move in. He Touches Raelin for a Chilling three wounds. And then whacks her for one more. Atlaga attacks the vampire and gives him a wound. Cyprien lays his hand upon Raelin again and Chills her to her doom. He then turns his sword to Atlaga and misses. Brunak is enraged, runs over attacks Cyprien and…rolls all Skulls!! ( with the Heroic Rune and height that’s 6 skulls) and Cyprien whiffs on defense. Wow, Brunak just took down the vampire Lord with one attack!! Major Q10 move up and shoots at an unsuspecting Kyntela Gwyn and obliterates her. Marcu flies over to attack the Soulborg and causes one wound.
Round 2: Marcu attacks the major again and rolls all skulls!! And major Q10 is eliminated easily.

FIRE & EARTH MAPS –Marcu Esenwein (Vorpal Sword, Ring of Protection +2), Brunak (Amulet of Health, Tome of Resurrection, Heroic Rune), Atlaga (Eyes of the Eagle , Luckstone , Boots of Haste), Eravan Sunshadow (Scrolls, Potion of Healing)

Round 1: Brunak read the Tome of Resurrection and bring back Raelin. Charos orders Othkurik through the Mindlink to move in and attack. The Young Dragon misses with a Acid Spray. Eravan attacks the black Dragon with Fire Blast(rolling 2 dice) and 4 blasts later Othkurik only has one Life point left. Othkurik move through the Link and attacks the Knights, thus inflicting two wound to Raelin. Atlaga attacks the Young Dragon and finishes him off. Sujoah is ordered to move forward.
Round 2: Sujoah attacks Marcu and inflicts a wound, but the vampire is Poisoned and he sufferers from two more wounds. Brunak attack sthe large Insect and misses. Charas flies up and attacks Brunak and misses. Sujoah attacks Marcu and misses. Atlaga load his Bolt of Witherwood and rolls a Natural 20 to take down the Dragon King!!
Round 3: Sujoah attacks Marcu and inflicts two more wounds, and the vampire is affected by the Poison Stinger again and he falls. Brunak inflicts a wound to Sujoah, and the Insect counters with a Sting of all Skulls and another Natural 20 to kill the Trolticor. Sujoah then decides to attack Raelin and misses. Eravan misses Sujoah with a Fire Blast.
Round 4: Sujoah attacks Raelin and misses. Atlaga inflicts another wound. Raelin is hit for a wound and Poison causes her one more. Atlaga finishes off Sujoah and the Knight of the datstorm gain the knowledge of the Wellsprings.

Knights win
Survivors: Atlaga, Eravan Sunshadow, and Raelin (SotM)
Lost: Marcu Esenwein, Brunak, and Kyntela Gwyn.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios