Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old December 16th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!
Re: Dungeons and Dragons Preview Week 1

I guess if a Wolf of Badru destroys a hero with Pounce, and the hero is carrying a glyph, then the glyph goes on the space where the wolf lands.

Old December 16th, 2009, 05:15 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I guess if a Wolf of Badru destroys a hero with Pounce, and the hero is carrying a glyph, then the glyph goes on the space where the wolf lands.
Yep

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Edited the first post for easy reference.

Commons can move on to the glyphs to protect them! That is cool. It also hints at the Deepwyrm Drow having a power that makes them able to hold the glyph. That is cool. It also means Cyprien will be a total boss at moving out, getting glyphs, and flying back for Nilfie or Q9 to pick up and use. It looks like the object of the Ancient Sanctum is to defeat the dragon at the end. I like the plot, and expect to see the encounters as this.

Encounter 1: Feral Troll
Encounter 2: Deepwyrm Drow
Encounter 3: Deepwyrm Drow+Pelloth
Encounter 4:Orthurik

Ohhhh, this is so awasome. More glyphs to come in expansion packs, and all sorts of other things. Now I am on my toes for next Wednesday.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Looks like we got our preview! I really like the treasure glyphs.

I just wish that they had the brown backing, that way you could throw Proftaka into the mix. Oh well, I'll figure out a system (astrid=heroic rune) or something along those lines so that the pit trap doesn't have to be excluded.
A trapped Pit Trap?

That sounds pretty mean.

I like it.
Just imagine like 6 or 7 glyphs scattered about and 4 or 5 are treasure glyphs but 2 or 3 of them are pit traps Man that would be a fun game!

edit: Actually, I could say that the Brandar's Chest is the pit trap....

Quote:
Quote:
Yep
Same goes for a certain Mr. Tor-Kul-Na. That is just brutal!

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; December 16th, 2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

edited, double post.
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:23 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dungeons and Dragons Preview Week 2

Oh. I just started a new thread with this preview. Now I need an administer to delete it.

Or we could all move over to my place and keep the weeks seperate?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:24 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Since more than one treasure glyph can be on a hero, what happens if a hero with more than one treasure glyph is destoyed? The rules say that one is placed onto a hex, but what about multiples?

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I say just go with one. Then you can talk about all of it in one thread, and not have to switch threads to make comments. Don't want to come off as someone trying to keep their thread alive, but I beleive it to be more ergonomic.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:28 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
I say just go with one. Then you can talk about all of it in one thread, and not have to switch threads to make comments. Don't want to come off as someone trying to keep their thread alive, but I beleive it to be more ergonomic.
I actually agree, but I didn't realize you were online and didn't know if an admin would add week 2 to this. I thought we needed a place to discuss it so I made one, apparently at the same time you added it to this one. It's all good, but someone should delete my thread so we can keep comments together.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Yep
That's awesome! Equipment denial!
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:34 PM

someguy has disabled reputation

I love this!

I enjoy campaign-style scape over tournament-style, and this offers so much. It offers variety: after a battle has ended, and before another battle begins, a group of adventurers go on a quest for an enchanted item to help win the war; DnDscape provides a framework for questing that seems like it'll feel distinctly different from battling. It offers continuity: heroes can die and stay dead, treasures and powers can be gained and kept. The outcome of each battle is more meaningful.
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
I love this!

I enjoy campaign-style scape over tournament-style, and this offers so much. It offers variety: after a battle has ended, and before another battle begins, a group of adventurers go on a quest for an enchanted item to help win the war; DnDscape provides a framework for questing that seems like it'll feel distinctly different from battling. It offers continuity: heroes can die and stay dead, treasures and powers can be gained and kept. The outcome of each battle is more meaningful.
You can play different rooms for each round of a tourney? Figure out a scoring method for loot, kills, and survivors at the end of brief adventures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Since more than one treasure glyph can be on a hero, what happens if a hero with more than one treasure glyph is destoyed? The rules say that one is placed onto a hex, but what about multiples?
Good Q.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News