Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 29th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Omnicron Repulsors - what's your army idea?

Holy Smokes!

Now that Truth has even more anticipatory juices pumping with his blog post revealing the Omnicron Repulsors' card:

I'm eager to see everyone's ideas for 400-600 point armies involving them. I'll go first with a 500 point army:

3xOmnicron Snipers 300
5xOmnicron Repulsors 200

An utterly self-evident army and death on enemy soulborgs. That +1 for the Omnis is just awesome

So what repulsive thoughts have been percolating through YOUR mind?

~Aldin, shockingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:38 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Omnicron Repulsors - what's your army idea?

You'll have to be careful how you move this army in order to get +1 for your Snipers but not have them fall victim to Circuitry Overload.
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
You'll have to be careful how you move this army in order to get +1 for your Snipers but not have them fall victim to Circuitry Overload.
Hmmm... good point.

3xOmnicron Snipers 300
3xOmnicron Repulsors 120
Raelin 80

Fixed

~Aldin, who still might try the other too

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!

I've been waiting a long time for a good Jandar army to come around that utilizes Raelin. All of her best synergies seem to be with other generals.

Raelin 80
3x Omnicron Repulsors 200
3x Omnicron Snipers 500 (19)

Hells yeah. I like that the repulsors also have range and can boost each other's attack. They look like so much fun. Maybe they could be an army all by themselves?

Raelin 80
Nilfheim 265
4x Omnicron Repulsors 425
Zetacron 485 (17)

Go

Much like Isamu (and the dwarves) we finally seem to have some counterdraft units that aren't weak the rest of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:49 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Raelin - 80
Zetacron - 140
Repulsors x4 - 300
Snipers x2 - 500, 21 hexes

Aldin's army above with Raelin might actually be better, but I wanted to squeeze Zetacron in here. Again, avoiding Circuitry Overload against your own figures early game will be tough with nearly all the hexes consumed, but not impossible. The problem I see with it is you might have to spend a couple of markers early to get your Snipers the heck out of the way.

I like Raelin with the Repulsors because of the EMP power. Even SotM Raelin wouldn't be bad here... and might be better if you plan on engaging with the Repulsors (which you probably do). So, maybe this (it also helps avoid Overload)

SotM Raelin - 120
Zetacron - 180
Repulsors x3 - 300
Snipers x2 - 500, 18 hexes

EDIT: Jexik kinda ninja'ed me about Raelin, but at least my armies are different.

Well, so far it looks like I need at least 3x Dwarves and Repulsors, and 3x Braves and Brawlers. Maybe WotC is realizing that commons with low point costs or low defense = more needed....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:50 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quoting from my attempt to make this thread thread:

First reaction: we have a glads&blasts-type synergy with the snipers. It's not quite as great a synergy as that, but it's definitely good enough to bounce the deathreavers from most sniper armies in favor of repulsors:

80 Raelin RotV
120 Omnicron Repulsors x3
300 Omnicron Snipers x3
500, 19 hexes,

---

Of course, that army has come up twice already. Hooray for painfully obvious, again.

Just for kicks, here's what I'd bring to a 940 point, mixed Marvel event:

160 Omnicron Repulsors x4
300 Omnicron Snipers x3
80 Raelin RotV
180 Taelord
220 Captain America
940, 24 hexes
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:58 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I like getting Taelord involved with these guys.

Taelord 180
Snipers x2 380
Repulsors x3 500
16 hexes

Taelord 180
Snipers x2 380
Repulsors x2 460
Zetacron 520
Eldgrim 550
16 hexes

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:58 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Hmmm... good point.

3xOmnicron Snipers 300
3xOmnicron Repulsors 120
Raelin 80

Fixed

Raelin isn't going to help against circuitry overload. I really think that you are only going to be able to take a couple squads of these guys without frying your own figures with Circuitry Overload.
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Snipers x3 (300)
Repulsors x3 (120)
Zetacron (60)

I know I'd give up 20 points, but I can't bring myself to break up my all army.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:08 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Hmmm... good point.

3xOmnicron Snipers 300
3xOmnicron Repulsors 120
Raelin 80

Fixed

Raelin isn't going to help against circuitry overload. I really think that you are only going to be able to take a couple squads of these guys without frying your own figures with Circuitry Overload.
In a standard 24-hexer starting zone, it's not that hard to keep the 9 snipers sufficiently seprated from the 9 repulsors that your first move with one squad or the other gets them completely separated. You do have to remain mindful of separation through the game, which will be annoying, but I don't see it as a deal-breaker for that army.
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:14 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
In a standard 24-hexer starting zone, it's not that hard to keep the 9 snipers sufficiently seprated from the 9 repulsors that your first move with one squad or the other gets them completely separated. You do have to remain mindful of separation through the game, which will be annoying, but I don't see it as a deal-breaker for that army.
I think if you spread out that much and then have to put order markers on the Repulsor's to get them out on the map and then the Omnicron to get them in to play you are going to be at a serious disadvantage in the area of map control. With all units having 5 move and no bonding, it will take a while to get everyone in to play. Someone with a 4th Mass or Stinger swarm will be able to dominate this army IMO.

I really feel like these units make the 7xStingers + Raelin one of the best plays in the main this year.
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:15 AM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!

Another wave 9 squad that tempts me to break my "only buy two commons" rule.

The Core:

80 Repulsors x2
200 Snipers x2
60 Zetacron

For 520, add Taelord

For 500 all range w/ balance add 2x Mohicans and Marcu

For 490 all Jandar, add Finn & KoW as a melee screen

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion