Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:37 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
New Darklord Ideas to help out the wolves.

Hello scapers.

I started this thread to brainstorm ideas on what would make a good 2nd Darklord to go along with the wolf army and fill in the holes left by Khosumet. So to start things off, here is my idea (sorry about the lack of a picture)

Zealot of Badru

Werewolf (or Lycan)
Unique Hero
Darklord
Relentless
Medium 5

Life: 5
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 6

Special Abilities:

Unrivaled Fury - When Zealot of Badru attacks large or huge figures, add 2 attack dice.

Dire Stone - After revealing an order marker on this card and before taking a turn with Zealot of Badru, you may take a turn with 1 squad of Anubian Wolves and/or 1 Dumutef Guard you control.

--The idea behind Zealot of Badru is that he is meant to be a tank and hero killer who provides synergy to the Anubians and Dumutef Guards.

--Zealot of Badru also helps the Wolves of Badru in that his specialty is against large and huge figures whereas the Wolves of Badru can only pounce on small and medium figures.

If anyone would like to submit their ideas on what would make a good Darklord or if you would like to critique my own idea, please share your thoughts.

~Zealot

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?

Last edited by Zealot; March 14th, 2009 at 05:45 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 08:15 AM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: New Darklord Ideas to help out the wolves.

Looks like a very awesome card!

However I would say that he might be underpriced at only 115. It seems to me that a 6 defense, 5 life hero will last quite a while especiially if a wolves of badru or anubian wolves and a dumutef guard attack as well. Overall I love the concept though and I think there are some great abilities you thought of there.

Ranior is Roinar...
in THE ORPHANAGE
Old March 3rd, 2009, 08:47 AM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Seems like a good figure. And, the wording of Dire Stone prevents double bonding. So, I think it would be a great figure, but needs to be at least, maybe 140 points? 115 is just way to cheap, even if used alone.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I agree that as is, he's underpriced, at least 140 as Sujoah suggests.

For the next Darklord (if there is one) I'd actually like it to get away from the wolf theme. Before Wave 8 was released there was speculation that one of the Elf Wizards may be a Darklord, which I think would have been great. Being able to do all the bonding that the Elves can do, and then bring some wolves into the mix as well... nice.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

I've changed his point cost but I think that 135 is a better point value than 140...

First of all, I want him to end in a 5 as most of the wolf characters (including the other Darklord Khosumet) end in a 5.

I did some army ideas to see what kind of combinations could be made with his point value and 135 seems like a better fit than 115 (too low, as you all stated) and 140 (not fitting the points of the wolves as well).

One of the things I like about the 135 point value is that it makes Zealot of Badru + Khosumet = 210 points. If you throw in Warden 816 you get 300 points that boosts and synergizes with both Anubians and Dumutefs...
Khosumet boosts Anubians fury roll, Warden gives the Dumutefs a move of 7 to help compensate for their 2 hex base and Zealot of Badru leads the charge surrounded by attacking wolves and fiantooths.

That being considered here are some army ideas off this point cost...

135 - Zealot of Badru
075 - Khosumet
240 - Wolves of Badru x3
050 - (50 points of filler, 2 Dumutefs, Marro Warriors, ect...)

135 - Zealot of Badru
160 - Wolves of Badru x2
150 - Anubian Wolves x2
050 - Dumutef Guard x2

135 - Zealot of Badru
075 - Khosumet
090 - Warden 816
150 - Anubian Wolves x2
050 - Dumutef Guards x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

For the next Darklord (if there is one) I'd actually like it to get away from the wolf theme. Before Wave 8 was released there was speculation that one of the Elf Wizards may be a Darklord, which I think would have been great. Being able to do all the bonding that the Elves can do, and then bring some wolves into the mix as well... nice.
The only problem with this idea is that a figure can't be both a "Wizard" and a "Darklord" at the same time, just like they can't be valiant and disciplined at the same time.

In terms of the appearance of Zealot of Badru, I don't picture a wolf but instead some kind of a Hybrid between a wolf and an Elf (there are no humans on Feylund, as far as we know)
So in order for him to be a lycan or werewolf I see him as an Anubian who has changed to a more human/elf form (i.e. a more human looking face and body with clothes or light armor) he'd have a hooded cape like an elf wizard except tattered and torn (actual holes in the cape's sculpt) and a sword-like blade attached to his right arm, with a green stone or sphere in his left hand (the dire stone).
--I also like the idea of him having the Dire stone around his neck like a necklace with a blade on each arm but I thought that was pushing the stereotype "Zealot" a little too far.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old March 4th, 2009, 02:45 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

The only problem with this idea is that a figure can't be both a "Wizard" and a "Darklord" at the same time, just like they can't be valiant and disciplined at the same time.

I
Unless he had an ability as followed.
At the beginning of the game you may switch _______'s class to Wizard. ______'s class will remain that way for the rest of the game.

Or even
For all abilities ______'s class may be changed to Wizard.

It hasn't been done before and would be interesting.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old March 4th, 2009, 09:04 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
Good point... Though I'd still like to see a non-wolf Darklord.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old March 4th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!

Very cool idea. I like the reverse bonding with Dumutefs and Anubians, and especially the big-guy killing bonus. I might drop his base Attack by 1 and increase the effect of Unrivaled Fury by a die, just to make him a little more specialized.

I know that you don't have a sculpt or picture, but what are you thinking about for his size? Recall that Ne-Gok-Sa is only 90 points, and has comparable defensive stats. Even further, almost all of the wolves are a tad pricey, so having one undercosted hero probably wouldn't suddenly overpower them. I think that 140 or above would actually be too high, especially if he's Medium. 115-125 sounds about right to me, but I tend to be at odds with a lot of people around here when it comes to pricing heroes and hero killers. (For example, I think Shiori and Deadeye should be 30-35 points).

Over in my brainstorming/cardless custom thread, I've got two ideas for Darklords. One is a common hero designed specifically as a Wolves of Badru booster, and the other was actually designed to help out Zombies, yet still bond with WoB.

Here's what I said about both:

The Wolves of Badru are cool, but I think they might be a little fragile to really see play, and they could certainly use some more figures to bond with. Try this on for size.

Badru Alpha

Wolf
Common Hero
Darklord
Relentless
Large 5 (think similar size to a Deathstalker)

Life 1
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 5

35 Points

Leader of the Pack
All friendly Hunters adjacent to a Badru Alpha receive an additional attack and an additional defense die.

Improved Pounce Special Attack
Range 4. Attack 6
A Badru Alpha that moved but did not attack normally may use Pounce Special attack. To pounce, choose one non-adjacent figure* whose base is not higher or lower than 8 levels from the attacking Wolf. If the figure is destroyed, immediately place the attacking Wolf's leading end on the space(s) the figure occupied. If the figure is not destroyed, destroy the attacking Wolf.

*note the lack of a size restriction

I was thinking recently about how brutal the Zombies would be if they had additional movement, and the need (or want) for another Darklord, so I came up with this. I'm picturing some kind of Lich or the like- maybe a female one? The name is just Anubis backwards, but also looks very similar to "And Good" in Romanian.

Sibuna the Darklord

Undead
Unique Hero
Darklord
Tormenting
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

105 Points

Terrifying Leadership (or Terrifying Speed Enhancement)
All terrifying figures you control* may move one additional space.

Gaze of Decay Special Attack
Range 4. Attack 2.
Start the game with 4 black Decay Markers on this card. After Sibuna attacks with her Gaze of Decay Special Attack, roll the 20-sided die once for each skull rolled. For each 13-19 rolled, if the figure is Unique, place one Decay Marker on that figure's Army Card. A figure rolls 1 less attack and defense die for every Decay Marker on its card. If you roll a 20, that figure is destroyed. Sibuna is not affected by her own Decay Markers.+

*Thanks to GaryLASQ's site, here's a list of Terrifying figures:

Cyprien Esenwein
Iskra Esenwein
Marcu Esenwein
Marro Hive (I might need to put a line saying "NO THE HIVE STILL CAN'T MOVE")
Rechets of Bogdan
Shades of Bleakewoode
Sonya Esenwein
Tor-Kul-Na
Wo-Sa-Ga
Zombies of Morindan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 7th, 2009, 12:31 AM

Zhoom45 Woo who?

I have been play testing my own Darklord, and I am very pleased with his results.

Norvor the Darklord
Utgar

Human
Unique Hero
Darklord
Relentless
Medium 6

Life 8
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 5
Points undecided, around 180-200

Unleashed Rage
Before taking a turn with Norvor the Darklord, you may add up to three to the attack value of this card, and subtract the same from his defense. Norvor the Darklord's attack and defense will remain this way until he is next activated.

Darklord Assault
Norvor the Darklord may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack seperatly

The idea was to make a versitile figure that could destroy both squads, darklord assault, and heros, unleashed rage. He has hade some amazing battles. I was contemplating letting him lower attack and increase defense as well as the other way around, but I felt it was overkill and defeated the point.

Zhoom45 is every character in his own little world which no one has heard of, or wants to enter for that matter.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards