Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 9th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Badgermaniac's Customs-Red Guardian (NEW)

Updated my epic villian Korvac card today based on some more playtesting and some critiques from board members.

Korvac held his 3500 pretty well (defeating 3000 point teams consistently and solidly). I have now probably run him in 10-15 battles and I am getting more and more confident with that 3500 value.

Based on suggestions, I added powers that disallow auto-kills and OM removals.

Here is the updated card.

Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:38 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Badgermaniac's Customs-Korvac Updated

I realize I'm a couple years late to the discussion, but wanted to say I really like your Watchmen cards. I did go back through this thread and read a lot of the discussion that took place as you were sharing the cards almost three years ago, but I also may have missed some key points too. Did Dr. Manhattan ever see much playtesting? I know you wanted to try and keep him in the 500 point range, which I prefer too, I'm just curious if the last version of his card saw much play?
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby!

Sadly, no. Many of my cards are playtested, often extensively. I have not played with Manhattan at all, so that 500 remains a placeholder. Thanks though.
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
I realize I'm a couple years late to the discussion, but wanted to say I really like your Watchmen cards. I did go back through this thread and read a lot of the discussion that took place as you were sharing the cards almost three years ago, but I also may have missed some key points too. Did Dr. Manhattan ever see much playtesting? I know you wanted to try and keep him in the 500 point range, which I prefer too, I'm just curious if the last version of his card saw much play?
Even with Abandon Mankind, Regeneration places that design a bit higher than 500 points. We may playtest him for fun later this week and just substitute one of our other colossal figures for him via proxy.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old October 30th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Theme Nerd

My eye test would put him considerably higher than 500 points, but with any character that is so unique, estimating cost is just a crapshoot until you get him to the board and do some trial runs.
Old October 30th, 2012, 02:42 AM

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
My eye test would put him considerably higher than 500 points, but with any character that is so unique, estimating cost is just a crapshoot until you get him to the board and do some trial runs.
I can imagine him really earning his points in an army with other figures that come back from the dead. It would be a never ending rotation of reanimated opponents.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:30 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've got no design experience to lean on, but my first instinct is to shrink the trigger window for Regeneration to 19-20. I wonder if this would help him stay closer to 500? I do want to get him (and the other Watchmen) to the table, but I don't know how soon that will happen. In the meantime if anyone else gets a chance to play him, I'd love to hear how it goes.
Old October 30th, 2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
I've got no design experience to lean on, but my first instinct is to shrink the trigger window for Regeneration to 19-20. I wonder if this would help him stay closer to 500? I do want to get him (and the other Watchmen) to the table, but I don't know how soon that will happen. In the meantime if anyone else gets a chance to play him, I'd love to hear how it goes.
I'm not sure scaling the card to match the points is such a good idea. If a whole team was already designed to net a certain point level like all of the watchmen for 1500 points that would be different. Regeneration seems right on at 14 or higher to capture his power levels.
The lower the power activation number on 20-sided die rolls the more swingy the costing can be. In a large game an activation of 14 or higher is insanely powerful, but in a small 500 point game for example it is worthless.
I would change ABANDON MANKIND to reflect the norm of low numbers are bad and high numbers are good. Many other cards out there have abilities that only add to your 20-sided die rolls. They would not mesh well with this card as it stands now. It could simply be changed to a roll of 1-5 and he looses OM's and his turn ends.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:36 PM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for all the great customs! You have a great feel for the old stuff! Mantis and Moondragon--my gosh, I haven't remembered them since the days when they appeared in the pages of The Avengers!

MANTIS: This one thanks you for the sentiment.

MOONDRAGON: Yes, I must get back to Earth one of these decades...

Last edited by chas; December 22nd, 2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 11:56 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Thanks for all the great customs! You have a great feel for the old stuff! Mantis and Moondragon--my gosh, I haven't remembered them since the days when they appeared in the pages of The Avengers!

MOONDRAGON: Yes, I must get back to Earth one of these decades
I will be making versions of these cards very soon. You can check them out in my Avengers thread if you want to.
Old December 24th, 2012, 07:41 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

Badgermaniac:

I've printed out the Inhumans I can find, but haven't seen Black Bolt, Gorgon, or Karnac. Did I miss them somewhere on the thread, are they somewhere else, or did another designer do them?
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Theme Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

MOONDRAGON: Yes, I must get back to Earth one of these decades...
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations