Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 5th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Sons of Spartacus help needed

I don't normally do this but I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I recently picked up a cheap Glads and Agents pack to repaint myself an Agent Skahen. I dubbed the other Nakitas as "Skahen's Starlets" (look for them to be posted as soon as I sort out this conundrum:

I repainted the three glads and made Sons of Spartacus:

My dilemma is with the point value. These guys are fairly comparable to the Tarn Vikings except that: The ATT/Def values are flipped, the Charge roll is conditional, and there are only 3 figs (as opposed to 4 tarns). Comparing them straight across like this I came up with a value of 45.

But then I realized that with Spartacus in play, they had the potential to blow the tarns outta the water so I upped the point value to 70. What do you guys think? AmI about right or do you suggest a little point tweakage? Thanks in advance.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:33 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sons of Spartacus help needed

If they were common, 70 might be about right, but as a unique squad 70 is fairly pricey I think...

Tarns are 12.5 points per figure. Your custom glads are 23.333 per figure (currently), nearly double a Tarn viking. I'd say 60 is about right for this squad...
Old November 6th, 2008, 01:05 AM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Their move is higher than the tarn. If they had gladiator inspiration they would own. I wouldn't go lower than 70.
Old November 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmm..sounds like I've got it about right. Thanks, guys. and here's their bio:

“It’s a good day to die,” Scrotus declared upon surveying the battlefield.
“An even better day to live,” Testicles retorted. “Ever the philosopher, eh, Testicles?” Labius weighed in.
Testicles was in fact, a philosopher in Athens long before he was captured by the Romans and forced to fight for his life in the arena. “Aye, Labius. Some things never change,” he said.
“Then let us fight, brothers, and live,” Scrotus exclaimed as the three charged into battle together.

Brandon

Old December 23rd, 2008, 03:47 PM

Marro Master is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Cool figs.
The Bio was good to!
I look forward to seeeing more repaints.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:32 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What you did there with that bio, BIV. I sees it.

I do like the card, by the way. 70pts sounds pretty good to me. Nice Glad squad that doesn't use bonding.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old December 24th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Talking Re: Sons of Spartacus help needed

Thanks, pal. Points for catching my double entendres! The finished products are in my customs thread...

Old December 24th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With Spartacus, these guys are Move 6(+special), Attack 5, Def 4. 70 points seems low to me.

Compare to Kosuke at 100 points (Move 5(+3) Attack 5, Def 3 + counterstrike) I'd say your Gladiator squad is about equal to the Kosuke, so I'd set their points closer to 100.
Old December 24th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
With Spartacus, these guys are Move 6(+special), Attack 5, Def 4. 70 points seems low to me.

Compare to Kosuke at 100 points (Move 5(+3) Attack 5, Def 3 + counterstrike) I'd say your Gladiator squad is about equal to the Kosuke, so I'd set their points closer to 100.
I see what you're saying, but the fact that the glads rely on Spartacus for their bonus takes them down to 70. The Kozuke don't have that weakness. If Spartacus is dead, or loses order markers (via Dund, SS, etc.) or doesn't have any markers placed on him, then the stats are what you see on the card. That's the difference.

Brandon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards