Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old August 13th, 2008, 11:29 PM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker
TRU clearance?

I've been reading the Target thread, and I've seen for myself K-Mart's clearance prices (boosters for $4.50!)--any word on when TRU will start up with the clearance prices?
Old August 14th, 2008, 12:47 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: TRU clearance?

It's started already on the website - SotM is at $29.98 (and the 8 digit indicates clearance at TrU). I haven't checked the stores yet but they can't be far behind.
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:12 AM

I asked because my local store still has SOTM for $42.99. I keep hoping that TRU will slash 'scape prices the way that Target and K-Mart have now that they're getting rid of it.
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:44 AM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker

I posted this in the Target thread, but it may be worth mentioning again. I went to the TRU in Independence MO today and was only able to find 1 booster (sitting in a completely random area) and it was full price. I hunted hard looking for items that might have been moved to clearance areas. I even involved a worker who said she was surprised I found any HS stuff as she hadn't seen any in a long time.

I'll check other TRUs and Kmarts in my area over the weekend and report what I find.
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

I work at a Babies R Us and can state that all scape is "X" status - Discountinued. However at this time, SoTM, Waves, VW, and Flagbearers (yes there are some out there still) are at full price, all other scape is x.98 clearance priced.

Also, anything that is at clearance priced is additionally 20% off for a limited time.
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:00 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

I know we should be happy about clearance, but I can't help but fear for HS. If all of these stores are discontinuing Scape, how will it live?

I don't want to lose HS.
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf326 View Post
I know we should be happy about clearance, but I can't help but fear for HS. If all of these stores are discontinuing Scape, how will it live?

I don't want to lose HS.
WalMart and the FLGS's.
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:20 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There is a TRU near me that is sitting on over 15 SotM, plus the CS rep said they have another case "in back" whatever that means. All of them are marked and ring up at the normal $42.99 price. I asked if they'd go on clearance soon and she just said "They're discontinued, so probably, but I can't say when."

So, I've taken to calling up there about once a week to ask someone to scan the price to check. I'd drive out myself, but...you know....gas prices and whatnot.

Old August 14th, 2008, 02:30 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

They have Marvel marked down to 19.98 right now, with an additional 20% off taken at the register. The clearance sale on Marvel expires 8/16/08.

My guess is that they will mark it down further at that time, and, I'm hoping, SotM will go on clearance in the stores at that time also. I have been checking my TRU every couple of days since I work across the street.

The dummy working there told me that they were clearing out the HS because: "They are coming out with a new Master Set that is more brightly colored to be less scary to children, and it is coming out soon." He implied that TRU would continue to carry HS and they were just waiting for new product.

This is the first I had heard of any of this and I suspect it is all false. What WotC has told us on the board directly contradicts everything he said.

I will check both Sat 8-16 and Sun 8-17 and post here whatever I find. I think their clearances are nationwide.
Old August 14th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
They have Marvel marked down to 19.98 right now, with an additional 20% off taken at the register. The clearance sale on Marvel expires 8/16/08.

My guess is that they will mark it down further at that time, and, I'm hoping, SotM will go on clearance in the stores at that time also. I have been checking my TRU every couple of days since I work across the street.

The dummy working there told me that they were clearing out the HS because: "They are coming out with a new Master Set that is more brightly colored to be less scary to children, and it is coming out soon." He implied that TRU would continue to carry HS and they were just waiting for new product.

This is the first I had heard of any of this and I suspect it is all false. What WotC has told us on the board directly contradicts everything he said.

I will check both Sat 8-16 and Sun 8-17 and post here whatever I find. I think their clearances are nationwide.
Who to trust, who to trust.... The WotC representative or the guy known as "the dummy".

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

The TRU in Florence KY had one lonely Jandar flagbearer...HAD one. Now I have one! =D

The problem was that it was in the clearance 'games' section with Big Trouble and Trivial Pursuit DVD for Kids....but it was marked at regular price and rang at regular price. I would've complained but I figured with the luck of even finding it 12.99 was a small price.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:32 AM

Thanks for all the info! It's good to know that it's not just my local store that's dried up and NOT marked down the few remaining discontinued bits they have.

And if anyone hears of a nation-wide TRU clearance on 'scape, definitely post it here!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales