Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 18th, 2008, 02:40 PM

HeroscapeLunatic knows what's in an order marker HeroscapeLunatic knows what's in an order marker
Question Dzu-Teh's Glacier Traverse

As the card reads:

GLACIER TRAVERSE
If a Dzu-Teh is adjacent to a Glacier Mountain, the Dzu-Teh may
Glacier Traverse instead of moving normally. You may do this with any
or all Dzu-Teh you control each turn. To Glacier Traverse, move to any
unoccupied space adjacent to that Glacier Mountain.

My question:

After reading the second line thoroughly, I questioned how I had been playing the Dzu-Teh and seeing them being played as well. Interpreting the second line can be tricky, but assuming I have 3 or more squads of Dzu-Teh on the table, does this mean I could Glacier Traverse with all of my yetis on the same turn? It does say any or all, so this has me guessing. My intuition says no, but common sense reads like a book on this one.
Old May 18th, 2008, 02:44 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dzu-Teh's Glacier Traverse

Shoalin Monks also have the "any or all" wording, so I would say the "any or all" really means "any or all that you activated this turn"
Old May 18th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Most-CoNvincing Visionary

ProfessorDocker Woo who?

Well, it says "the Dzu-Teh may Glacier Traverse instead of moving normally," so I would say that any Dzu-Teh that would not be able to move normally - that is, the ones not activated - could not use Glacier Traverse.

ProfessorDocker is telling a story...
in the ALIZARIN CAVE...
Old May 18th, 2008, 03:19 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

"Any or All" means "1 2 or all 3"..so traverse away!!!!
Old May 18th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Agreed with all the common sense answers that say you only get to move one squad's worth of Dzu-Tehs each turn, no matter which method of movement you happen to use.
Old May 18th, 2008, 04:48 PM

HeroscapeLunatic knows what's in an order marker HeroscapeLunatic knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for confirming the common sense side of my personalities.
Old May 18th, 2008, 04:50 PM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscapeLunatic View Post
As the card reads:

GLACIER TRAVERSE

My question:

After reading the second line thoroughly, I questioned how I had been playing the Dzu-Teh and seeing them being played as well. Interpreting the second line can be tricky, but assuming I have 3 or more squads of Dzu-Teh on the table, does this mean I could Glacier Traverse with all of my yetis on the same turn? It does say any or all, so this has me guessing. My intuition says no, but common sense reads like a book on this one.
Interesting question HeroscapeLunatic; I could see how it could go either way. Common sense dictates that you only move any 3 in the squad, since it states "instead of moving normally".....but, why does it state "with any or all you control".

I haven't made up my mind on this one. One statement seems to contradict the other.

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |
Old May 18th, 2008, 04:53 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorDocker View Post
Well, it says "the Dzu-Teh may Glacier Traverse instead of moving normally," so I would say that any Dzu-Teh that would not be able to move normally - that is, the ones not activated - could not use Glacier Traverse.
/sign

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 18th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscapeLunatic View Post
As the card reads:

GLACIER TRAVERSE

My question:

Interesting question HeroscapeLunatic; I could see how it could go either way. Common sense dictates that you only move any 3 in the squad, since it states "instead of moving normally".....but, why does it state "with any or all you control".

I haven't made up my mind on this one. One statement seems to contradict the other.
That card was written in the great "you control" or "friendly" or "all" controversies. It was to make sure you didn't try to move your opponent's or your teammate' guys around some other glacier.
Old May 18th, 2008, 05:22 PM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
That card was written in the great "you control" or "friendly" or "all" controversies. It was to make sure you didn't try to move your opponent's or your teammate' guys around some other glacier.
Mmmmm....I hadn't thought about it that way. Thanks for clearing that up.

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |
Old May 18th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think that if it was intended to be all the Dzu-Teh's in your army getting to Glacier Traverse, (i.e more than one squad), then the card would read like the Shades of Bleakewoode's card, which states "for each Shade you control". There isn't any "any or all" wording on the Shades card and the consensus there is that you can Soul Devour with 3, 6, or 9, or how many ever Shades you control.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 18th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The "instead of moving normally" is what limits the Dzu-Teh. Since one to three of them move normally, that same one to three have the option to traverse. "Any or all you control" is probably a clumsy attempt to say that you can mix normal movement and glacier traversing-- you don't have to walk with all or traverse with all. The Shaolin Monks do it better: "Instead of moving normally, any or all Shaolin Monks may Stealth Leap." The pointless "you control" is dropped, making for an improved card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units