Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 24th, 2006, 04:08 AM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker
Newb - brand new copies of Battle Masters are going for $100 on eBay. I'm going to play a set with a friend in a few days just for old times sake -- I'm looking forward to rushing for the tower once again haha.
Old May 24th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Thanks Spengali, I will look at that when I get home from work. For some reason our filter here wont let me into those sites.
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikkRikk
Newb - brand new copies of Battle Masters are going for $100 on eBay. I'm going to play a set with a friend in a few days just for old times sake -- I'm looking forward to rushing for the tower once again haha.
LOL! The 5.99 price was many years ago and I did keep one copy of the game pristine just for playing. It is a very luck-dependent game but also extremely fun if taken in the right context (like most games and entertainment.)

Newb.
Old May 24th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Battlemasters was a great game and the play mat was huge! It was a card based game where each card represented an Orc or Human unit or a special card like Cannon or the Ogre. The deck was shuffled and as each card was drawn the unit on the card could move and attack. Attack and Defense is almost exactly like HS, iirc. It's a great beer and pretzels game and when TRU was dumping them for 5.99 each, I got two cheap Warhammer Fantasy Battle armies.

Newb.
I did the same thing, and picked up about 5 sets for all the WH armies I dreamed of making. A few years after my purchases I dumped all of them at a yard sale because I never touched them and room was running out.

Yup, I'm a dumb

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:19 AM

bighamrules has disabled reputation
where do guys buy your other games at

i'm bigham and im back in the game
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Alot of what I get I find at conventions but there are a few comic stores around Pittsburgh that have a nice selection of used and new board games.
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I like Funagain Games. www.funagain.com

There are other places online to get them, thoughthammer (I think) is a good one.
Old May 25th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Wow, I somehow missed this thread.

Many good games mentioned. Some of my favorites:
Settlers of Catan (And yes, we bought the 3D 10th Anniversary Chest)
Carcassonne
Ticket to Ride
Talisman (2nd edition)
Hack
- A card game based on Knights of the Dinner Table.
Guillitine - A fun card game where the object is to collect as many heads as possible.

I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of them at the moment.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 25th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Oh man Jim, how is that 3D Settlers? I wanted one but alas, had no money!
Old May 25th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Oh man Jim, how is that 3D Settlers? I wanted one but alas, had no money!
It's really nice. I'll try to get some pictures of it soon. Some probles we had were:

3 of the hexes arrived chipped. The pieces were not in the box, so it must have happened during production. I e-mailed Mayfair about it and they promptly sent me replacements. Kudos to them!

Also, I am slightly color blind, and the paint on the pieces is difficult (but not impossible) for me to make out which settlements and roads are which color. We may repaint them with a more colorful paint one of these days.

Otherwise, it is really nice. The only reason we got it is because I showed my wife a picture of it before it was released and she fell in love with it. (Catan is her favorite game) So I ordered one for us, er, I mean her.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
Old May 25th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

How did I miss Guillotine? That is a suprisingly fun game. French revolution themed collecting noble heads worth different number of points each. And you have cards that mess up orders of the lines of people and stuff. Suprisingly good game.
Old May 25th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Monokidnatic

Oh yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
I have an expansion that only came with a German Magazine that adds even more competiveness, making all city tiles worth one less, its great.

I love Carcassonne. I have all the exansions (minus the Tower that just came out) and love them all. Great Game!
What is this expansion (and magazine) and is it still possible to get it anywhere?

Jim

Scaper of the Week #17

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games