Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 12th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Bobbo has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
My son, wife, and I play ThunderRoad a lot. It's quick and fun.
I loved ThunderRoad! Nothing quite like it. The mechanic of the never ending board is pretty cool, and I love all the special rules. And you feel like you are playing with Matchbox cars all over again, which is an added plus.

Maybe I'll eBay it, but I bet the gamers around here are too "grown up" to play... I'm assuming ThunderRoad isn't available in stores. I haven't seem that for years.

I got nuthin...
Old May 12th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yep, Thunderroad is no longer being published but you can find it pretty cheap on EBay if you keep an eye out for it. I think I got mine for abou 10.00 + 5.00 shipping. It even had some "spare" parts in it....old robotic figures arms and legs....it was a hoot just digging through the box of "spare" parts.

Newb.
Old May 12th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
ThunderRoad looks like simplified Car Wars ... how very intriguing

Machine guns?
Flame throwers?
Spikes?
Mines?
Oil?

More info please !!! I’m always looking for games to draw the wife deeper into my dementia

RE: Pirates Cove ... we've played one-on-one with pirate armadas ... all in the name of fame and glory!
Old May 12th, 2006, 06:13 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo
Quote:
I loved ThunderRoad! Nothing quite like it. The mechanic of the never ending board is pretty cool, and I love all the special rules. And you feel like you are playing with Matchbox cars all over again, which is an added plus.

Maybe I'll eBay it, but I bet the gamers around here are too "grown up" to play... I'm assuming ThunderRoad isn't available in stores. I haven't seem that for years.
well dang man if ye do that post it up here first, I'd like to get my hands on it

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old May 12th, 2006, 09:57 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
I haven't played in a while but one of my favorite games is Cosmic Encounters; currently it is packed away in storage. Whenever we have company we either pull out one of several Trivial Pursuit games or Moods.

Old May 12th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr
ThunderRoad looks like simplified Car Wars ... how very intriguing

Machine guns?
Flame throwers?
Spikes?
Mines?
Oil?

More info please !!!
None of that. Sorry.

It's way simplified. You get 3 types of vehicles and one mini-copter ("I've never seen anyone beat the snake before!")

you can ram or shoot at the other asphalt warriors and your copter gets to take a shot once on each board segment.

Very simple game and the neverending board is a great feature. comes complete with ruined cars you have to dodge!!!

I got mine on eBay for around $24 with S&H. I thought it decent. I had to glue some broken bits, but otherwise, it's fine and dandy.
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo
Quote:

well dang man if ye do that post it up here first, I'd like to get my hands on it
I have it. It's a cool little game. Fantasy Flight currently has a fun car combat game called Wreckage!! It is fun too.
Old May 13th, 2006, 01:31 AM

Captain John Parker has disabled reputation
Wargame: Fire in the Sky (WWII Pacific War); Totaler Krieg
Intro Wargame: Mission Command Series
Two player card game: Lost Cities and/or Hera and Zeus
Cooperative game: Lord of the Rings by Fantasy Flight (this is a pretty darn neat system...)
Family game: 10 Days in the USA

Stand your ground / Don't fire unless fired upon / But if they mean to have a war / Let it begin here
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:17 AM

bushi96 has disabled reputation
Risk (all flavors)
BattleBall (what a blast!- and the pieces crossover to HS)
Settlers of Catan (all expansions)
Carcassonne (all expansions)
Hi-Ho Cherry-O (still trying to gain a strategic advantage on this one)

Wanting to try Puerto Rico next...

"I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are"
~G. Marx~
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:44 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
talisman
heroquest
die claymore saga(battelmasters)
space hulk
are good games.
Old May 13th, 2006, 07:35 AM

spengali has disabled reputation
Descent: Journeys into the Dark, Risk, Risk 2210, Settlers of Catan, Scrabble, Zombies!!!, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (surprisingly fun), Runebound.
I own but have yet to play Bang! (when we have enough people to play we usually play Heroscape) and Attack! and its expansion.
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:15 AM

Sapper has disabled reputation
Mechwarrior (CMG)
Memior 44
Carcassonne
Bohnanza
Bang!

And a few others. Always looking for the next cool game as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games