Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:36 AM

Shadowking is surprisingly tart
Re: UK Scapers (The life and times of RichardD)

Heroclix shouldn't be hard to find, some boosters are selling for 1.99 in discount bookstores around. Mage Knight though, that's what I have problems getting.

I've used some Heroclix to make World of Warcraft custom figures and they turned out quite well. Might have to go back and do some more (although I'm nearly out of suitable 'Clix).

Just a heads up, the full Wave 10 is available on Ebay for approx. 41 shipped (but no single boosters yet), and the D&D set is available to pre-order from the same seller for approx. 30.

Shame no single boosters yet, but it's better than nothing.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM

bobspoons Woo who?

Hi Folks
Richard - Yes Ive noticed some of the Scalextric with magnets, seems a great idea though everything I have is from sets much older than that so have no magnets. I have the stock-car set which were designed to smash into each other and break apart, they are pretty robust.
Bought my Dad a Scalextric car this year (my first Scalextric purchase in about 20 years) as a comemorative piece. It was actually unofficial and is Revel model, got to say very impressed with the quality (not that genuine Scalextric arent good too).

Jdet & Shadowking -
Sorry was a mistype, I meant Heroscape not Heroclix.
Im a big Heroclix fan as well as Heroscape and when Im trying to type fast, my fingers go into automatic mode.
I had meant to say scouring the internet for Heroscape in the UK, which is seeming quite hard to get save for ebay. No visible evidence in highstreet shops and most internet shops low stock. Ebay and USA seem the way to go.

Jdet - Thanks for the Heroclix offer thats very generous and kind of you. I have most of the Heroclix so not many in my sets missing, was my typo mistake above thats confused things sorry. Very nice of you to offer though

Cheers
Bob
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:35 PM

Aquatix is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I have re-read all Previews of the new Master Set - It looks great! =D Though i can't help think that the amount of figures is small and slightly pathetic =\
still, combining 4 master sets into one big dungeon sounds brilliant! and the treasure glyphs will add new depth. I hope to get 2 of these, as i have 2 RotV, and am hopefully getting SotM for my birthday =)
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:22 PM

Well for Christmas I am getting (in the HS department):

1x Wave 1 Orcs
1x Wave 2 Heroes
1x Wave 3 Monks and Sentinels
1x Wave 5 Gladiators and Nikita Agents
1x Wave 5 Ninjas and Samurai
1x Wave 6 Heroes
1x Wave 8 Heroes
1x Wave 8 Elves
1x Wave 9 Glads and Indians
1x Wave 9 Heroes

1x Ticalla Jungle

1x Sir Gilbert
1x Ornak

1x Roman Legionairres Squad
2x Knights of Weston Squads
1x Einar Imperium Squad
1x Minions of Utgar Squad

Should hopefully give me lots of new army choices, since I mostly have terrain and big sets but not many small boosters Don't think I'll get a D&D set, but I do want the Heroes and Granite/Hunter packs from Wave 10.

This is my current collection:

1x RotV (plus extra tiles)
1x SotM

1x Wasteland
1x Tundra
1x Road

1x Raknar's
1x Orm's

1x Wave 1 Heroes
1x Wave 1 Romans
1x Wave 3 Heroes
1x Wave 3 Kilts and Commandos
1x Wave 5 Rats and Ashras
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:23 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation

I think that describing it as a "Master Set", and putting it alongside ROTV, is somebody's idea of a joke. I would have called it a "Starter Set". Still, any HS is better than no HS.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:25 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

At least it includes about 50% more terrain than the Marvel Set.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:30 PM

Yeah, the new D&D set is lacking. The main reason I probably won't buy it is because I already most of those minis and to be honest just the tiles (since there isn't as many as in Valkyrie) aren't worth the price (especially the inflated UK price).
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:13 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

I don't think I'll get it either. Personally, I'm not exactly thrilled at the quality of the minis (that is if the minis on the preview cards are the ones that come with the set). By the way, if anyone in the UK wants those heroclix, the offer for them is open.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:58 PM

bobspoons Woo who?

Jdet
Heroclix usually do okay on ebay as theres not quite as many uk sellers as there used to be. You could then reinvest cash in Heroscape hehe.
Great avatar BTW, love the character of the Grim Squeaker
Old December 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

Thanks bobspoons! I watched Hogfather the other night and loved the concept of Rat Death. Anyhow, what I should have said is this - I'm not interested in selling, I'm interested in giving - completely for free (no strings attached). So if anyone (in the UK for shipping reasons) wants between 50-100 FREE heroclix minis, PM me.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:45 PM

Jandars_Hope is surprisingly tart

There's a UK seller on ebay with 6 sets of the Heroscape D&D master set and 6 sets of Wave 10 for sale but isn't shipping until 7th Jan.
Old December 24th, 2009, 12:28 PM

bobspoons Woo who?

Always scary to d pre-sales, if anything goes worng, then the timer has already been ticking for a long time since payment so things like paypal refunds are harder.
Having said that, feedback is often a good indication of those that are genuine good pre-salers

Bob

EDIT:
PS, just ordered Swarm Of Marro and the Forest expansion from Gameslore.

Arrgghh the addicition has taken hold, Ive even drawn up a list f the miniatures I want from each wave and havent even played a game yet.
Im a lost cause.

Last edited by bobspoons; December 24th, 2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: adds to message

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers