Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old December 18th, 2009, 12:34 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Petition for the Continuation of Classic Scape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarpedon View Post
* Does it bother you at all that only a single squad of a common figures has been included in the new D&D Heroscape Master Set?
Yes, as I said in another thread, but I can live with it since people on this site I trust have assured me that this packaging decision was not sales driven, but made out of economic necessity. If in the future more decisions like this are made and it becomes apparent WotC is trying to gouge us, my disapproval may increase.

Quote:
* If D&D Heroscape does really well, won't WOTC understand that to mean that they can go on "shifting" old D&D (and other) minis into the Heroscape universe?
They'll probably get that message, but that doesn't mean that's all they'll do with Heroscape. Sure, they may keep putting out D&D waves of reused minis, but if Heroscape becomes very popular, I see the company producing brand new classic waves as well to capitalize on their new brand. Nothing succeeds like success, after all.

Quote:
* Isn't it almost certain, in spite of the "door not being shut on Classic Heroscape figures" assertion, that figures (of any kind) will no longer be produced specifically for Heroscape?
If by this you mean that all new minis WotC produces would be designed with multiple games in mind, who cares? I'd have no problem if new Grut champions or elf wizards started popping up in games I don't play.
Old December 18th, 2009, 01:18 AM
has been BANNED

Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
* Does it bother you at all that only a single squad of a common figures has been included in the new D&D Heroscape Master Set?
Yes, as I said in another thread, but I can live with it since people on this site I trust have assured me that this packaging decision was not sales driven, but made out of economic necessity. If in the future more decisions like this are made and it becomes apparent WotC is trying to gouge us, my disapproval may increase.

Quote:
* If D&D Heroscape does really well, won't WOTC understand that to mean that they can go on "shifting" old D&D (and other) minis into the Heroscape universe?
They'll probably get that message, but that doesn't mean that's all they'll do with Heroscape. Sure, they may keep putting out D&D waves of reused minis, but if Heroscape becomes very popular, I see the company producing brand new classic waves as well to capitalize on their new brand. Nothing succeeds like success, after all.

Quote:
* Isn't it almost certain, in spite of the "door not being shut on Classic Heroscape figures" assertion, that figures (of any kind) will no longer be produced specifically for Heroscape?
If by this you mean that all new minis WotC produces would be designed with multiple games in mind, who cares? I'd have no problem if new Grut champions or elf wizards started popping up in games I don't play.
You've decided that anything they do is ok. WOTC has done and can do no wrong in your eyes. Ok. Good for you. Your position admits absolutely no possibility of discussion. Time will tell if you're right. I'll just wait like I did for the "exclusives".
Old December 18th, 2009, 01:29 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
You've decided that anything they do is ok. WOTC has done and can do no wrong in your eyes. Ok. Good for you. Your position admits absolutely no possibility of discussion. Time will tell if you're right. I'll just wait like I did for the "exclusives".
Wow, thanks for telling me how I feel, O Insightful One. "WotC can do no wrong?" Did you read this part of my post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
If in the future more decisions like this are made and it becomes apparent WotC is trying to gouge us, my disapproval may increase.
Little wonder your arrogance has caused you problems on this site in the past. Either that, or you're incapable of conveying your actual tone through the written word. Regardless, you just became my first experiment at using the Ignore function.
Old December 18th, 2009, 05:15 AM

501st is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I would like to put my name on the petition to stop wizards of the cost from turning heroscape into a DnD release only game.

I have no problems with marvel expansions. BTW where is the Marvel expansions that were shown at Gen Con 2007 before hasbro gave heroscape to Wizards?

I have no problems with a set or 2 to become DnD

I do have a problem if they eliminate the classic game which as of right now it seems they are doing by only releasing DnD expansions. Right now I have hit the lowest I have been since the change over from Hasbro to Wotc. This is one of 3 mini games I have left that I collect and it looks like it may be the end of the road.

What I have found since the change over is that it is harder to find heroscape products making it harder to bring in newer players. I think the rehashing of old sculpts from DnD miniatures and planting them on heroscape bases just shows that they don't care even if they do.
Old December 18th, 2009, 11:50 AM

Shadowking is surprisingly tart

I think a reason for complaining is that almost everything is just rehashes of what we already have.

The figures come from D&D and some at least don't really gel well, the rocks are just repaints from the glaciers (and not even all the ones that came in the box), there isn't any other impressive terrain (ruins or hive). There isn't even really an impressive figure, and RotV had 2+ (Mimring, Chompy).

The dungeon tiles are just the standard tiles repainted (it would have been far better to use the road tile mould since they look like stone a lot more). There isn't even that many tiles in the box.

The whole box, for me at least, feels like a dumping ground for a bunch of stuff it was easiest to pull up and rehash and I can't shake that feeling off. It's a second sting that I already own D&D miniatures, although I appreciate that for many people this isn't an issue. I wouldn't even be as unhappy if they had reused the sculpts but repainted and rethemed them to fit Classic 'Scape, but sticking the D&D logo on it feels like an easy way to boost sales whilst doing little.

If it's the only possible way 'Scape could have stayed alive during this period, disregard everything I've just said since this way it will be better for the future of the game. But otherwise, Classic seems a much better option and it's theme is what got most people here into the game.
Old December 18th, 2009, 12:30 PM

Follower of Vydar Woo who?

I am relatively new to this game and when it was announced that there would be a new Master Set, I was very excited. I argued with others, who were more experienced than I, that any new things for the game were a good idea. I still maintain that view but, to be honest, I have misgivings about the way things are going.

My doubts relate to what appears to be a change in concept with this new set. DnD is essentially a role playing game. A small group of adventurers go on some type of quest and encounter a limited number of monsters, etc. Heroscape is a war game, an army of heros and squads goes out to fight another army of heros and squads. Granted, Heroscape can be played as an RPG and the rule books include scenarios for that purpose. However, most of the people I know play it as a war game. I would guess that the majority of people who play, primarily do so as a war game.

For those people who want to play Heroscape as an RPG, this new set is great. Some of the ideas I have seen on the site in the past few days are intriguing and exciting. I know Iíll be trying them myself. However, I still want to play this as a war game and to do so, we will need a continuation of common and unique squads as well as heros and all in the same mythology of the Kyrie generals. I would like to add my name to the petition.

Follower of Vydar
Aged Newbie
Old December 18th, 2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowking View Post
There isn't even really an impressive figure, and RotV had 2+ (Mimring, Chompy).
For me, the figures comprising the adventuring party are the impressive ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowking View Post
If it's the only possible way 'Scape could have stayed alive during this period...
This is what we've been told by Grungebob and others, that this was the only way to put out "new" 'Scape product at a time when the economy is in trouble and the game was transitioned from the parent company to its subsidiary.

[/threadjack]
Old December 18th, 2009, 01:41 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

I want classic 'scape to continue. I bought into the game because is is a light version of Warhammer - a simple tactical skrimish game. I have invested thousands of dollars into it, partly under the assumption that the game would continue to be supported in its current form.

I don't want to see it turn into DnD light - a simple role playing game. I played DnD a long time ago and had fun, but I'm done with it. If I wanted to play a brain dead version of DnD I'd just buy 4th edition.
Old December 18th, 2009, 02:09 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

All this naysaying is really getting to me...

Do I have to remind the masses that Truth, GB, and the Guru have all said that this is not the end of Classic Scape. Since they are the members connected to the WoTC pipeline, I'm sure that is the case.

Until the guys behind the scenes get on here and say D&D Scape is forever, I for one will just continue to love this game and try out all the new stuff as they are released, beleiving that Truth et al will guide us back to the classics.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 18th, 2009, 02:13 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

Please sign my name to the petition. I came to heroscape after a friend recommended it and playing the marvel set. There are so many untapped areas and arenas from other historical squads like Huns to doing more heroes based off medieval and ancient mythology. I would hate to see classic heroscape die.
Old December 18th, 2009, 02:41 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
All this naysaying is really getting to me...

Do I have to remind the masses that Truth, GB, and the Guru have all said that this is not the end of Classic Scape. Since they are the members connected to the WoTC pipeline, I'm sure that is the case.

Until the guys behind the scenes get on here and say D&D Scape is forever, I for one will just continue to love this game and try out all the new stuff as they are released, beleiving that Truth et al will guide us back to the classics.
They have said WotC does not have any plans to produce any new classic Scape. They have told us that they do not know what the future holds past the two planned DnD expansions. Classic scape could have already ended. All they have said is that the doors have not been shut.
Old December 18th, 2009, 03:06 PM
has been BANNED

Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby!

I apologize if I'm slightly off-topic. As I've said, I'd rather have Classic Heroscape, but, if there is no choice, I will buy D&D Heroscape.

I just want to point out that I think many here are confusing "negativity" with "difference of opinion". They are two totally different things. I'm not negative because I don't want D&D Heroscape. I'm also not "positive" because I prefer Classic Heroscape. People should not be labelled positive or negative for their preference. My attitude toward Heroscape has always been and will always be positive. I freakin' love this game. More, perhaps, than many who number themselves as "positive".

Further, if you want "negativity", go back a while to when Hasbro "dumped" our game onto WOTC. Now THAT'S NEGATIVITY! I never stopped buying the game. If we were ever let down/dissed, that was when.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion