Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 9th, 2009, 12:40 PM

Shadowking is surprisingly tart
HS Dream Thread

I know these have come up multiple times, but I don't think we've had one for a while and people might have had HS dreams in the meantime.

I had one yesterday, I dreamt that I went to my local FLGS looking for 'Scape and looked in the normal place but they only had the Gorillas/Hounds I left last time I was there. Then, on a table near the exit as I was leaving, I spotted a special wave box pack that consisted of Aquilla's Alliance Heroes in a purple box, and two smaller boosters also in purple. A small child took one of the two boosters before I got there, but I got AA and the second booster. Inside the booster there was a camera memory card, a DVD (totally un'Scape related and both visible through the plastic), Master Woo, a squad of Shaolin Monks, and then two extra heroes that I can't remember any details on (I have a vague suspicion one might have been a Roman Archer with a centurian helm and cloak on). It was wierd.

I must think about 'Scape far too much ...
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:12 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Re: HS Dream Thread

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8615

Here's one I had along while back. I forgot about it until I saw the title of yours...
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:25 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

I had a dream yesteryear where I went to gamescape and won wave 1-9, but it cost ten cents, I was broke, so the cashier gave it to this 5 year old, then I cried and got kicked out of my house. I know, sad pathetic me.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We call those nightmares.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had a few dreams months ago about going to Gencon 09.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 10:30 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Interstellar Heroscape

Absolutely crazy HS dream last night.

It all started with an Armageddon-like mission that I was a part of. We landed on the "Asteroid-Set-To-Destroy-Earth" and using our vehicles, began to drill holes in it. As the sun began to rise, our surrounding landscape became more clear and I saw that we were surrounded by a village of humans. It was a colony that had settled on this asteroid in the 1950s or so I was told.

Everyone was friendly and they took us to this giant mall that had been built (including a big lunch buffet). In several of the shops I noticed that there were Heroscape boxes, some even on clearance. The funny thing is, all the figures were brand new to me since they had been developed on the asteroid by the creative minds there. Flying Marro Warriors, Great Elementals of Wood and Rock, and some new races I had never seen before. I was so excited. To make it better, I had enough money to buy it all.

The people I was with weren't all that excited, but at least they were happy for me. We discussed the ideas that trademarks are legally binding in space, so it would be fine to buy them. And then abruptly, the dream ended. I wonder if this is how some of the new units came into existence () because I could probably do concept drawings for my new units.

Ah, dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old February 23rd, 2011, 11:39 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I love when people's Heroscape dreams don't even involve playing it, just buying it.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:30 PM

the incredible mate is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I love when people's Heroscape dreams don't even involve playing it, just buying it.
Thats the collector in all of us lol.

Trades: 12
Selling my collection for 500 plus shipping, for a list or any interest please pm me asap
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:27 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

All right, I'm reviving this because I had a really weird dream last night. What makes that even more odd is that I usually don't have dreams, at least that I can remember.

Anyways, it started with me being invited to play HeroScape at a stranger's house by a mutual friend. He kept saying how much fun it was playing with these guys, that I was going to have a blast. However, as we drove further and further into this creepy swampy lowland, I was getting nervous. We finally got there with no incident, and I started to feel better, because the outside of the house was beautiful, a really well kept old plantation style mansion. When we got inside, though, the place was disgusting, and the family headed by a filthy wheel-chair bound old man. My friend didn't want to leave, so I grudgingly decided to stay for at least a few games; after all, we had already come all this way, right?

It turned out that these guys like to play on huge, fairly flat, maps with only 350 points. The one we played on looked like an hourglass. So I picked out an army (somehow, I had brought my entire collection with me) of romans x4, me-bur-sa, and elite onyx vipers. I figured I was probably a better player than these guys, and didn't want to be too much of a douche right off the bat by playing cheese. My opponent took a bunch of Asian-themed units (nothing that I can remember precisely, except for one squad of Izumi Samurai), mostly with range, and we started to play with the family patriarch I mentioned earlier, who is my opponent's grandfather, watching on. Oddly, as we started to roll the dice, the room went dark except for a few spotlights on the people in the room, as if we were in some theater; the lighting left the board poorly lit so you had to concentrate when making your moves. Also at this point, I learned that they had a lot of house rules, although I can't remember what most of them are anymore. Anyways, through a series of good plays and quick adaptations to the house rules they keep revealing randomly, I slowly whittled down his forces until all that's left are two Izumi against two squads of romans. Neither of us had range, so we couldn't just sit and wait it out; since I was a better player than my opponent, as I had suspected, I decided to be the bigger man, even though I would have won on points if I had done nothing. So, in the middle of this map we played on, there is a small 4 space wide choke point, and I put all my romans in two lines inside this area, just close enough that I could reach his two Izumi with one squad the next turn, but still be protected for this turn if he had decided to change his mind and come after me. All of a sudden, the patriarch said, "Well, you lost boy. He strangleholded the map, and your line of march is obstructed." So I said that he still has a real chance of winning, because of the samurais' counterstrike, but the patriarch just repeated himself. So I decided to go to the bathroom while they discussed if they wanted to invoke this particular house rule even though the grandson still had a chance to win.

When I came back, the lights had been turned back up, and I finally really saw the units my opponent had taken, and except for the Izumi not one thing was familiar to me. There were Japanese cannons, and wispy Asian dragons, and archers on elephants. Moreover, there were at least 20 different units, and I couldn't remember how I'd beaten all of them. Worse though, there was now a new unit on the board, the Phoenix Shogun, one which I distinctly remember him not having drafted, even though I didn't remember any of the other units he had taken. When I asked how a unit had gotten on the board that he hadn't selected at the beginning, he said he'd "turned in his experience chits and rolled the d20," and his grandfather had let him pick this unit. So I asked the patriarch how many experience chits I had, and he said only 63. I asked him what I needed to roll on the d20 to get a reinforcement, he said a 13. However, he would only let me roll using his neon green die, not mine. So I rolled, and got a 7, meaning no reinforcements. I decided to just make the best of it, and still try to win. So I surrounded the Phoenix Shogun instead of attacking the two Izumi, whereupon my opponent asked if I really wanted to do that. I verified that I did, then my opponent and his grandfather told me I had lost. I asked how, and they said because of her special power "High Speed Chase." I had asked for the Shogun's "card" (which was really just a printout on regular paper) and read it, and stated that she had no such power. They told me I'd only asked for the first page, and that this power was on the second page; on receiving that page, I learned they were correct. But I looked closer, and it turns out the Phoenix Shogun had 15 powers, and didn't cost any normal points but cost 350 "experience chits," which there were no set values for. On further investigation I was told that, because I'd been winning, each of my dead roman figures was worth 10 points while me-burq-sa was worth 150 and each EOV 40, to equal the 350 needed for the Shogun. Worse than that, the Shogun had the power to bring back any "Asiatic unit" (that's literally how her power was worded) back to life with a 5+ on the d20, so my opponent was bringing back all his awesome units. On top of even that, my opponent started using the d20 to attack, using a hit table that they wouldn't let me see and getting ridiculous results, of course. So I ended up losing, and I felt really cheated; I'd tried to have fun, but they had seemed determined to destroy the joy for anyone else playing them by making up so many conflicting or just plain confusing rules that only they knew. I took a look through their unit box, and it was full of nothing but custom units, none of which were appropriately priced, which is how my opponent had gotten so many more units than me in the first place; even the Izumi, the one unit that had seemed familiar, had a different point cost and ability scores. So my (now former) friend, the filthy old man, and the grandson were all laughing at me, not at all nicely, and I started to pack up to get the hell out of there, when I suddenly remembered that I had a video camera in the bottom of my traveling unit case (I don't know why). So I reviewed the tape quickly, and found out the grandson had never had to roll for the reinforcement like I had, so he got the Shogun for free; worse, they had stolen one of the squads of romans out of my box while I was in the bathroom, and cut off the arms "to make customs." I made them buy me a new squad of romans off ebay right then and there and have it shipped to my home, and also castigated them extensively for being cheating inbred pricks. Then I started to drive off, and that's when I woke up.

So, writing it out, it's not that weird, but man was it disturbing actually dreaming it.

"Anti"-Oxymoron
I'm anti-fashion, anti-religion
Anti-police and anti-system;
Anti-commercial and anti-prison,
Anti, anti-everything.
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:37 PM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
All right, I'm reviving this because I had a really weird dream last night. What makes that even more odd is that I usually don't have dreams, at least that I can remember.

Anyways, it started with me being invited to play HeroScape at a stranger's house by a mutual friend. He kept saying how much fun it was playing with these guys, that I was going to have a blast. However, as we drove further and further into this creepy swampy lowland, I was getting nervous. We finally got there with no incident, and I started to feel better, because the outside of the house was beautiful, a really well kept old plantation style mansion. When we got inside, though, the place was disgusting, and the family headed by a filthy wheel-chair bound old man. My friend didn't want to leave, so I grudgingly decided to stay for at least a few games; after all, we had already come all this way, right?

It turned out that these guys like to play on huge, fairly flat, maps with only 350 points. The one we played on looked like an hourglass. So I picked out an army (somehow, I had brought my entire collection with me) of romans x4, me-bur-sa, and elite onyx vipers. I figured I was probably a better player than these guys, and didn't want to be too much of a douche right off the bat by playing cheese. My opponent took a bunch of Asian-themed units (nothing that I can remember precisely, except for one squad of Izumi Samurai), mostly with range, and we started to play with the family patriarch I mentioned earlier, who is my opponent's grandfather, watching on. Oddly, as we started to roll the dice, the room went dark except for a few spotlights on the people in the room, as if we were in some theater; the lighting left the board poorly lit so you had to concentrate when making your moves. Also at this point, I learned that they had a lot of house rules, although I can't remember what most of them are anymore. Anyways, through a series of good plays and quick adaptations to the house rules they keep revealing randomly, I slowly whittled down his forces until all that's left are two Izumi against two squads of romans. Neither of us had range, so we couldn't just sit and wait it out; since I was a better player than my opponent, as I had suspected, I decided to be the bigger man, even though I would have won on points if I had done nothing. So, in the middle of this map we played on, there is a small 4 space wide choke point, and I put all my romans in two lines inside this area, just close enough that I could reach his two Izumi with one squad the next turn, but still be protected for this turn if he had decided to change his mind and come after me. All of a sudden, the patriarch said, "Well, you lost boy. He strangleholded the map, and your line of march is obstructed." So I said that he still has a real chance of winning, because of the samurais' counterstrike, but the patriarch just repeated himself. So I decided to go to the bathroom while they discussed if they wanted to invoke this particular house rule even though the grandson still had a chance to win.

When I came back, the lights had been turned back up, and I finally really saw the units my opponent had taken, and except for the Izumi not one thing was familiar to me. There were Japanese cannons, and wispy Asian dragons, and archers on elephants. Moreover, there were at least 20 different units, and I couldn't remember how I'd beaten all of them. Worse though, there was now a new unit on the board, the Phoenix Shogun, one which I distinctly remember him not having drafted, even though I didn't remember any of the other units he had taken. When I asked how a unit had gotten on the board that he hadn't selected at the beginning, he said he'd "turned in his experience chits and rolled the d20," and his grandfather had let him pick this unit. So I asked the patriarch how many experience chits I had, and he said only 63. I asked him what I needed to roll on the d20 to get a reinforcement, he said a 13. However, he would only let me roll using his neon green die, not mine. So I rolled, and got a 7, meaning no reinforcements. I decided to just make the best of it, and still try to win. So I surrounded the Phoenix Shogun instead of attacking the two Izumi, whereupon my opponent asked if I really wanted to do that. I verified that I did, then my opponent and his grandfather told me I had lost. I asked how, and they said because of her special power "High Speed Chase." I had asked for the Shogun's "card" (which was really just a printout on regular paper) and read it, and stated that she had no such power. They told me I'd only asked for the first page, and that this power was on the second page; on receiving that page, I learned they were correct. But I looked closer, and it turns out the Phoenix Shogun had 15 powers, and didn't cost any normal points but cost 350 "experience chits," which there were no set values for. On further investigation I was told that, because I'd been winning, each of my dead roman figures was worth 10 points while me-burq-sa was worth 150 and each EOV 40, to equal the 350 needed for the Shogun. Worse than that, the Shogun had the power to bring back any "Asiatic unit" (that's literally how her power was worded) back to life with a 5+ on the d20, so my opponent was bringing back all his awesome units. On top of even that, my opponent started using the d20 to attack, using a hit table that they wouldn't let me see and getting ridiculous results, of course. So I ended up losing, and I felt really cheated; I'd tried to have fun, but they had seemed determined to destroy the joy for anyone else playing them by making up so many conflicting or just plain confusing rules that only they knew. I took a look through their unit box, and it was full of nothing but custom units, none of which were appropriately priced, which is how my opponent had gotten so many more units than me in the first place; even the Izumi, the one unit that had seemed familiar, had a different point cost and ability scores. So my (now former) friend, the filthy old man, and the grandson were all laughing at me, not at all nicely, and I started to pack up to get the hell out of there, when I suddenly remembered that I had a video camera in the bottom of my traveling unit case (I don't know why). So I reviewed the tape quickly, and found out the grandson had never had to roll for the reinforcement like I had, so he got the Shogun for free; worse, they had stolen one of the squads of romans out of my box while I was in the bathroom, and cut off the arms "to make customs." I made them buy me a new squad of romans off ebay right then and there and have it shipped to my home, and also castigated them extensively for being cheating inbred pricks. Then I started to drive off, and that's when I woke up.

So, writing it out, it's not that weird, but man was it disturbing actually dreaming it.
Well met!

This reminds me of the first time I played against chas' customs !

Next Generation

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion