Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old November 28th, 2009, 07:04 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Re: UK Scapers (The life and times of RichardD)

At heart I think that I will always be 14 years old. Heroscape (and boardgames in general), a big Scalextric set, video games, Lego - pretty much all of my leisure-time activities consist of doing the stuff that I did aged 14 (or wanted to do). Except Sam Fox, but she plays for the other team now anyway.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old November 30th, 2009, 03:18 AM

Shadowking is surprisingly tart

I noticed a Jungle, Wasteland and Castle were listed on Ebay and ended yesterday.

They went for about 33 each ! That's almost $55.
Old December 12th, 2009, 05:17 AM

I will endorse the services of Champion Games for your HS needs; I ordered just a couple of boosters (the Wave 10 figures I was after) from them last month, and postage was pretty reasonable. I'll still use HMG for the big orders, but wouldn't hesitate to use Champion Games again.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

Old December 13th, 2009, 07:25 AM

Jandars_Hope is surprisingly tart

Link?
Old December 15th, 2009, 06:03 AM

Shadowking is surprisingly tart

I just hope we get Wave 10 over here (though we are at least a year behind the US with Wave 3 and 9 still available).
Old December 19th, 2009, 05:23 AM

Sorry about at. I'd just assumed it was easy to find him, here on on Ebay. I've spent the last ten minutes proving myself wrong!

After much searching, his store is here:
http://store02.prostores.com/servlet...mes/StoreFront

I'd definitely buy from Auggie again, although I plan to continue to use Sandra at HMG for larger orders.

Old December 19th, 2009, 08:02 AM

So each figures/army cards are sold seperately? Not sure I find that appealing unless it was for multiple commons. After seeing the MS3 cards I am really looking forward to the new year but I haven't bought any Wave 10 Warriors of Feldspar yet and they're pretty expensive at HMG so I might just wait until Wave 11 is up for pre-order and then buy all of it together as long as the Wave 10 commons cost goes down by then.
Old December 19th, 2009, 08:35 PM

Scratch what I said above, I just looked through some US sites and noticed that several of them actually have International shipping options! trollandtoad.com have the D&D Master set for $19.49 plus $59 p&p (which was 2 business days but they do have a 5 day one for $5 cheaper) and in the end the whole order for 3 sets was 74.(something) which works out at just under 25 each! That's a great price in my book considering the original MS was 40 RRP (yeah, I know it's bigger) and the Marvel MS is still around 30.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:05 AM

Aquatix is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

RichardD, were your figures in good condition when you recieved them?
I'm trying to find good UK sites for Heroscape. It seems many now release Wave 9, which is good news for me =D
I will use HMG when I get a job stacking shelves in morrisons. Just a few more months to go =)
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:58 PM

bobspoons Woo who?

Hi folks,
A newbie uk heroscaper here

Great site and good thread (Richard I so much agree about always being 14. My Scalextric is in storage but is the original LeMans set with the 911 Porche's, I feel like getting it out now!!)

Im also scouring the internet for the easiest and cheapest way to buy some Heroclix in uk. Most online shops seem to have pitifully low (or none) stocks at the moment so I think ebay and USA imports may be my way to go.

Housemousegames does look quite good and also thanks for the Auggies link as I hadnt found that one before.

Its good to be here and look forward to chatting with you all (sorry for partial thread hijack)

BobSpoons (real name Alex)
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatix View Post
RichardD, were your figures in good condition when you recieved them?
They were fine - the box was properly packed, and because they'd been taken out of the original packaging it was smaller, lighter and therefore cheaper to ship *and* I didn't have the tedious task of getting them out of the packaging! Though these were pretty robust sculpts; I'm not 100% sure I'd want to order something delicate.

911s? Real men race 917s. Makes me come over all Steve McQueen, it does. Although I think that the best cars for most situations are the Scalextric NASCAR models of 7-10 years ago - some had big magnets (fast, easy to keep on the track), some had smaller magnets (requires more skill, but look better as they fishtail around corners), but all of them had a one-piece body that's almost unbreakable and has no little bits to snap off.

I had my track out and in use a couple of Xmasses ago, but this year the games room where the track would go is in too much of a mess. It comes of having no other storage space in the house

Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:02 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

bobspoons, how much heroclix do you want? I've got a box full of figures (mostly DC) that I don't use anymore and wouldn't mind giving them to you. I also have maps and various other accessories that go with it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers