Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old September 2nd, 2008, 07:03 PM

cabbageheat is surprisingly tart
Re: TRU clearance?

The TRU here only has Nakita Agents. Many, many Nakita Agents.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:56 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbageheat View Post
The TRU here only has Nakita Agents Skahens! Many, many Nakita Agents Skahens!
Fixed!

Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:11 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbageheat View Post
The TRU here only has Nakita Agents Skahens! Many, many Nakita Agents Skahens!
Fixed!

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old September 25th, 2008, 07:57 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Blarg! I've been going back and forth today as to whether or not to even say anything about this, but I figure better the whole community know...

For you DFW folks, there's a Toys R Us in Irving on 183. I've been watching this place for a while, waiting for them to put Scape on clearance. I went by today and discovered that the location is closing in late October. They've been slashing prices pretty significantly and there are signs for 20%-40% off all kinds of stuff.

I checked out the remaining scape and they only have SotM left, but they've got 15 or 16 sets on the shelf. Right now they're at 20% off the original 42.99 price, which comes to about 35 bucks + tax.

Now, that's still too high for me, BUT I'm willing to bet they'll come down even more. The thing is, we won't know if they all get snatched up.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, if you're in the area, let's all hold off and see if the price comes down any further. I was thinking that I shouldn't mention it in the hopes that I might guarentee getting one myself. But I'm not going to get ALL of them anyway, so why be a jerk about it, right? It's better everyone else should know and get in on the good deal when it happens, even if that ends up meaning I don't get one.

Old September 25th, 2008, 09:07 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

After having 6 SotMs 'disappear' from my local TRU's shelves (at full price) over the past month and a half, two showed back up today (one of which was obviously returned since it still had wrapping paper on it).

Ran the set thru the scanner and it still rings up $42.99. TRU may be discontinuing Scape, but they're in no hurry to get it off the shelf.

Old September 25th, 2008, 10:30 PM

fil knows what's in an order marker fil knows what's in an order marker

Yep, there's more than a dozen SotM's @ $42.99 at the TRU up this way. Ironically enough, all the stuff around it is on 50% clearance. Go figure.

Returns for more.

Old September 25th, 2008, 11:06 PM

I imagine they'll want/need the shelf space for the holidays... it's gotta happen soon.

Old September 26th, 2008, 12:09 AM

Shake n Bake is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I have noticed that my local TRU has a sale this weekend (It's Geoffrey's Birthday!). I talked with one of the workers and she said that Heroscape probably won't be included in the sale, but she wasn't 100% sure.

Otherwise, I haven't noticed any other sales in the games section at my local TRU.

You Shake, I Bake... I Shake, You Bake... It doesn't matter, b/c someone will end up extra crispy.
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:46 PM

quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker

I keep checking the Canadain TRUs with the same results. No boosters, tons of terrain, no markdowns. It'll happen, I just don't know when.

Traders! wk4c, Hilo-scaper, buttercup, omen20154, Nikkomon, Southwest Ninja, Mutt Lo, rudyvalentine, JRandall, neo0149, Generalgina, Gromazeka, CheddarLimbo, Mossman, Just_a_Bill, rouby44, Cavalier
Old September 29th, 2008, 01:45 PM

Symytry is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonic View Post
I keep checking the Canadain TRUs with the same results. No boosters, tons of terrain, no markdowns. It'll happen, I just don't know when.
Same here, checked the Metrotown and Broadway locations of TRU here in Vancouver. There's tons of SotM on the shelf, and its all just sitting there at $49.99 (what a rip!), but I'm willing to bet it will be on sale before Christmas.

Other than SotM, there's tons of Castle and Raknar's Vision. I haven't seen a flag bearer or any other terrain since I bought the last one (jander flagbearer) that Metro had about 8 months ago.
Old September 29th, 2008, 01:47 PM

quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symytry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonic View Post
Same here, checked the Metrotown and Broadway locations of TRU here in Vancouver. There's tons of SotM on the shelf, and its all just sitting there at $49.99 (what a rip!), but I'm willing to bet it will be on sale before Christmas.

Other than SotM, there's tons of Castle and Raknar's Vision. I haven't seen a flag bearer or any other terrain since I bought the last one (jander flagbearer) that Metro had about 8 months ago.
Exactly.. I've seen SotM, Marvel, Raknar's Visions and Thaelenk Tundra. No boosters or Flagbearers. It's frustrating, and a little sad! The prices are definitely sky high.

Off-topic - if you're looking for SotM, check your Wal-Mart as they're probably clearing out for $10.

Traders! wk4c, Hilo-scaper, buttercup, omen20154, Nikkomon, Southwest Ninja, Mutt Lo, rudyvalentine, JRandall, neo0149, Generalgina, Gromazeka, CheddarLimbo, Mossman, Just_a_Bill, rouby44, Cavalier
Old September 29th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Keep in mind that Canadian TRU's are probably completely separate from USA TRU's, meaning that they might not even stop carrying HeroScape!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales