Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old February 29th, 2008, 05:06 AM

NFCfan has disabled reputation
krug by himself could do alot of damage to your army
Old February 29th, 2008, 07:18 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCfan
Do Deathreavers and 9 range 4 attack Microcorp ring any bells?

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 29th, 2008, 10:18 AM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCfan
Do Deathreavers and 9 range 4 attack Microcorp ring any bells?
Where are they getting 4 attack? I though you were just sitting in your starting zone. Unless you are playing on a map with raised starting zones (An awful idea IMO) they will have a much less scary 2.
Old February 29th, 2008, 02:55 PM

Location: Grut with the other Orcs ready to eat salted Baby preztels
BRUNAK has disabled reputation
The answer is no I wouldn't be afraid of this army. I would melt them with a match.

BRUNAK is Nerak in the PLATINUM CAVE!
Old February 29th, 2008, 07:34 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
eh. not so hot.
Old February 29th, 2008, 09:06 PM

hakysak is surprisingly tart
That army sucks. In a few minute, if I am still on the web, I'll give a 1000 pt army that I think would beat it.
Old February 29th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
I was scared of it as originally posted. Now that it's got Nakitas... less so.
I have to say we've seen the Nakitas wreak havoc in game after game they are in. (Of course sometimes the bombs don't drop, but when they do...) I'm surprised to see you dismiss them so easily. In a smaller army, maybe they are excessive in points, but with 1000 points and a defensive posture--well, I think they are well worth it.
I've seen the Nakitas dominate too, but it doesn't happen often enough against the armies my group typically plays. There are just so many great options available at 120, they don't hit the table much. Another reason not to use Nakitas is Braxas. Braxas is a already a great counter to a Raelin/Microcorps mega-defense setup, and the Nakitas just play right into that even more.
Old February 29th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have to say we've seen the Nakitas wreak havoc in game after game they are in. (Of course sometimes the bombs don't drop, but when they do...) I'm surprised to see you dismiss them so easily. In a smaller army, maybe they are excessive in points, but with 1000 points and a defensive posture--well, I think they are well worth it.
I've seen the Nakitas dominate too, but it doesn't happen often enough against the armies my group typically plays. There are just so many great options available at 120, they don't hit the table much. Another reason not to use Nakitas is Braxas. Braxas is a already a great counter to a Raelin/Microcorps mega-defense setup, and the Nakitas just play right into that even more.
The Nakita work surprisingly well with the Zombies. I am not quite sure why but they work great together!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 1st, 2008, 11:01 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But add the Nakitas' smoke powder to the Microcorps' stealth armor, and Raelin's defense Aura.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old March 1st, 2008, 04:45 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But add the Nakitas' smoke powder to the Microcorps' stealth armor, and Raelin's defense Aura.
Braxas simply melts them outright. No defense.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:06 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Braxas simply melts them outright. No defense.
That's what Jotun is for.

Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:45 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're right, Braxas is an awesome counter to units like the Nakitas--but there is a high point cost to that counter. We've seen the Nakitas showing up less often on our maps (largely b/c they are unreliable for the amount of points you put down), but in a defensive army (with reavers and a heavy hitter, Carr or Drake, helping out), I'd still give them a run (and, yes, we are talking about a lot of points, so Braxas might be the perfect counter). I just have to say that I love the Smoke Powder effect--there is simply nothing else like it out there--got to use them sometimes....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion