Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 11th, 2019, 02:05 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Not my call but I would consider this Elf in Jandar, getting away from the classic Elves in scape, more than the other generals.
I see her more as a scout but with movement bonding or bonus to any squad of wild hunters with 1 attack for her mount and one for her.

So I guess I'm kinda disagreeing with the thread direction...sorry about that.
It's not unreasonable to challenge the direction. What I've listed in the second post are not absolute aspects of the design, but aspects that have been mostly agreed upon so far. It is unlikely that they will change not because the discussion is being railroaded, but because you would have to convince a lot of people to change their minds. That said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to do that. For general, the green cape and elf direction made Ullar the natural choice for me. General is a relatively minor aspect of the design though, the only situation in which the difference between Jandar or Ullar will matter is if we make her a warlord. As a result, the general we choose could be up to debate for a while in this process.

As for your idea of a scout, I think that might actually fit pretty well in the direction we've chosen to go--a mechanically hybrid figure that can both pull her weight offensively (perhaps with some kind of multi-attack) and with some light synergy. I, personally, see the figure as much more of a front-line fighter than a nimble scout due to the stance of the miniature and her heavy armor, but I think further clarifying this direction is the next step in this process.

So, I think at this point we should start brainstorming powers and statlines in order to start figuring out how we want to represent our chosen direction. Some suggestions so far would be an Ullar warlord or a figure with a Knight's Courage-type power, but feel free to explore other ideas or help refine others. Ideally, we'll be able to put together a few rough design drafts that we can decide between in going forward.
Old January 11th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Honestly, I know it's perhaps not too inspired, but what about something like Elf Leadership, in the vein of MDG? I've always felt like 5 Move was weirdly slow for elves, and a number of the Elves (particularly the Warriors of Ashra) likely wouldn't mind the mobility boost. It's also short and sweet enough to give her some fun combat ability, enough of a small boost rather then heavy bonding to not be frowned on, and gives her a feeling of being a leader.
Perhaps make her an Ullar Warlord on top of that, because let's be honest here, the Armocs could use another friend.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 11th, 2019, 05:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

LEADING THE CHARGE
If this figure is engaged, all Common Elf figures you control may Move one additional space.
Old January 11th, 2019, 05:17 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
LEADING THE CHARGE
If this figure is engaged, all Common Elf figures you control may Move one additional space.
I like the idea of pairing this with a Warlord class. It gives the Armocs more utility and provides a reason to blend them with either Warriors of Ashra or the Aubrien Archers.
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:11 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Quote:
Not my call but I would consider this Elf in Jandar, getting away from the classic Elves in scape, more than the other generals.
I see her more as a scout but with movement bonding or bonus to any squad of wild hunters with 1 attack for her mount and one for her.

So I guess I'm kinda disagreeing with the thread direction...sorry about that.
It's not unreasonable to challenge the direction. What I've listed in the second post are not absolute aspects of the design, but aspects that have been mostly agreed upon so far. It is unlikely that they will change not because the discussion is being railroaded, but because you would have to convince a lot of people to change their minds. That said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to do that. For general, the green cape and elf direction made Ullar the natural choice for me. General is a relatively minor aspect of the design though, the only situation in which the difference between Jandar or Ullar will matter is if we make her a warlord. As a result, the general we choose could be up to debate for a while in this process.

As for your idea of a scout, I think that might actually fit pretty well in the direction we've chosen to go--a mechanically hybrid figure that can both pull her weight offensively (perhaps with some kind of multi-attack) and with some light synergy. I, personally, see the figure as much more of a front-line fighter than a nimble scout due to the stance of the miniature and her heavy armor, but I think further clarifying this direction is the next step in this process.

So, I think at this point we should start brainstorming powers and statlines in order to start figuring out how we want to represent our chosen direction. Some suggestions so far would be an Ullar warlord or a figure with a Knight's Courage-type power, but feel free to explore other ideas or help refine others. Ideally, we'll be able to put together a few rough design drafts that we can decide between in going forward.
I have no problem with another Warlord for my boys, the Romans. Some possible stats for [Theya]:

Theya Wolfsister

Ullar, Elf, Inspiring, Warlord, Large, Life 6, Move 8, Range 1, Attack 4, Defense 5.

Protector [of Ullar] 13
Choose a Unique Hero you control [that follows Ullar]. If that Hero is attacked by an opponent’s figure within 6 spaces of Theya and receives at least one wound, you may move Theya adjacent to that opponent’s figure and roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 13 or higher, that figure receives a wound.

Wolfsister
Theya has the Relentless Personality as well as the one on her card.

Wellspring Spear Special Attack
Range 1, Attack 3
When Theya attacks with Wellspring Spear Special Attack, she may attack a second time. If she inflicts at least one wound with each attack, remove one wound marker from Theya’s card.

Defensive Agility [Reduce Defense to 3]

Last edited by kolakoski; January 11th, 2019 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Saving
Old January 11th, 2019, 09:42 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Protector [of Ullar] 13
Choose a Unique Hero you control [that follows Ullar]. If that Hero is attacked by an opponent’s figure within 6 spaces of Theya and receives at least one wound, you may move Theya adjacent to that opponent’s figure and roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 13 or higher, that figure receives a wound.
The out-of-turn movement of this power might be a little challenging, but I think this power has some interesting potential. I assume by "choose a unique hero" you mean choose one at the start of the game? I could definitely see this figure being some sort of elite guard or devoted warrior.

If I may riff on your suggestion somewhat...

Bonds of Battle
At the start of the game, choose a unique hero you control who follows Ullar (or a unique elf hero, maybe). When [figure name] attacks, if the chosen figure is within 4 clear sight spaces, they may attack one additional time for each wound marker on the chosen figure's card. (up to a maximum of 4, maybe?)

I will say, though, that I'm not sure I like the idea of making her a warlord with a power like this. To me, all that does is encourage playing her with the Azurite Warlord rather than with the armocs specifically. Even if we don't go in a direction where the wounds on the chosen figure matter, the easy OM management of them both being bonding heroes would make the power too easy to set up and use. My inclination is that a warlord direction should not have any explicit synergy powers, and instead be synergistic by virtue of her class alone. That's just my take though, others may disagree.

Great suggestions so far! Some variation of leadership could be fun as well. Keep 'em coming!

Last edited by All Your Pie; January 11th, 2019 at 10:36 PM.
Old January 11th, 2019, 10:59 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

EWell met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Protector [of Ullar] 13
The out-of-turn movement of this power might be a little challenging, but I think this power has some interesting potential. I assume by "choose a unique hero" you mean choose one at the start of the game? I could definitely see this figure being some sort of elite guard or devoted warrior.

If I may riff on your suggestion somewhat...

Bonds of Battle
At the start of the game, choose a unique hero you control who follows Ullar (or a unique elf hero, maybe). When [figure name] attacks, if the chosen figure is within 4 clear sight spaces, they may attack one additional time for each wound marker on the chosen figure's card. (up to a maximum of 4, maybe?)

I will say, though, that I'm not sure I like the idea of making her a warlord with a power like this. To me, all that does is encourage playing her with the Azurite Warlord rather than with the armocs specifically. Even if we don't go in a direction where the wounds on the chosen figure matter, the easy OM management of them both being bonding heroes would make the power too easy to set up and use. My inclination is that a warlord direction should not have any explicit synergy powers, and instead be synergistic by virtue of her class alone. That's just my take though, others may disagree.

Great suggestions so far! Some variation of leadership could be fun as well. Keep 'em coming!
Did not mean to interrupt the turn. Make Theya's move occur after the attacker's turn is over.

I'm also inclined not to be Ullar specific, hence the brackets. Or give her a different Class - Protector. As an Ullar figure, some sort of protector Power was said to make more sense than a purely destructive power.

I'm confused about Bonds of Battle. Is Theya allowed extra attacks based on the number of wounds the chosen figure has received? There might be a problem with normal versus Special Attacks.
Old January 12th, 2019, 09:00 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’ve said before that I could see her as the captain of the royal guard, that would make a ton of sense for that ability.
Old January 12th, 2019, 09:25 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Moving Archer (spec attack; Range 3, Attack 2)
During the movement phase Theya Wolfsister may fire her bow.

Added to Bonds of Battle (which IMHO should only be an extra attack for the chosen figure) would make her a true leader.
Her normal attack (even for the bow) could be higher because at that point she's not moving around on a snarly beast.

I keep going back to the pic of the figure and thinking Scout over Warlord but I see why the thread's thinking Ullar.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; January 12th, 2019 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Snarly Beast? Sounds like a name I was called in high school.
Old January 12th, 2019, 12:02 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Moving Archer (spec attack; Range 3, Attack 2)
During the movement phase Theya Wolfsister may fire her bow.

Added to Bonds of Battle (which IMHO should only be an extra attack for the chosen figure) would make her a true leader.
Her normal attack (even for the bow) could be higher because at that point she's not moving around on a snarly beast.

I keep going back to the pic of the figure and thinking Scout over Warlord but I see why the thread's thinking Ullar.
That’s a spear my friend. It’s just a bendy plastic one.

Spoiler Alert!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 12th, 2019, 02:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Does that mean a Disintegration Ray is out of the question?
Old January 12th, 2019, 05:12 PM

Well met!

What kind of consensus can we reach as to her Leadership p Special Power? What will SoV accept? Leader/Fighter/Protector with what kind of benefit to what units?

The appearance of the sculpt may imply a number of things.

1. Dual Personalities. Inspiring/Relentless for example.

2. Two Attacks. SoV likes simple. We like unique. I like unique use of simple. Double Attack would pass SoV. There might be consensus on a normal and a Special Attack. A normal attack of 4 and a Special Attack of 3 with conditions would be a good balance. Wellspring Spear Special Attack for example.

3. Defense. Armor and Shield - Defense 5 and/or a defensive power related to them. Elf - Defensive Agility. Wolf - Enraged Strike.

Has anyone considered that she might be a northern Drow? If I had not already given them to my SoV candidate Kha, I'd suggest giving Theya Double Assault combined with Poisoned Weapons. Double Attack/Poisoned Weapons would work if no range desired.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards