Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 26th, 2011, 10:16 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart
Re: Heroscape Genres in the Age of Fanscape (C3V and SoV inc

I'm not sure the Marro can so easily be classified as Sci-fi. I mean, they have a witch! more like Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

L.K.R.
Old July 29th, 2011, 12:21 AM

Jeabird is surprisingly tart

Well then I stand corrected. And this is @Prometheus, in the Dune books they had witches too, so I could see the Marro like that maybe.

I, like God, do play with dice and do believe in coincidence.
Old July 29th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yes, I don't think being a witch means being fantasy-based necessarily. Sure, it can, but it doesn't have to. And all the figures blur lines. Dead Eye is mostly a historical figure, but he has a magic rifle (Ullar Enhanced). Same thing for Finn--an Earth-born Viking, who now has a magic sword in Valhalla.

The Valhalla world (and Scape in general) is more Fantasy than anything else and that Fantasy leaks into a lot of the units and their origins, etc. But the Marro are genetic-blending "aliens" with tech weapons and mental powers. Sure, mental powers can looks like magic and aliens who encounter magic artifacts can wield magic powers, but at the core of the concept of the Marro are sci-fi "aliens," from what I see.
Old November 20th, 2012, 02:47 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It has been a really long time since I have looked through this thread. There are a lot of new figures that need to be added into your groupings. In looking at the Public Minatre Information thread for the C3V it is fun to notice the historical unit tha are comming down the pipe line.
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:15 AM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
It has been a really long time since I have looked through this thread. There are a lot of new figures that need to be added into your groupings. In looking at the Public Minatre Information thread for the C3V it is fun to notice the historical unit tha are comming down the pipe line.
This. An update would be very nice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs