Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 12th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SANDSHREW!

Why aren't we giving Sand Attack the same power as Smokesceen? They did the same effect in the game and I figured they might do the same thing in Poke'scape.
Old July 12th, 2010, 01:37 AM

BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I also think that a version of the Earth Elemental's Tunneling power would be better than climb. As for Swift, I like it, but it's not really the move I think of when I think of Sandshrew. Maybe something like Fury Swipes, but as a power rather than special attack where Sandshrew can attack again if it rolls at least two skulls (like Hawthorne's special attack, but for its normal attack). I'm fine with keeping Swift though.

As for Sand Attack, I think of it more as a defensive move rather than offensive. What about something like this:

Sand Attack-When an opponent's figure adjacent to this Sandshrew begins a normal attack, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a (#) or higher, that figure may not attack for the rest of its turn.

Or something like that. You could even make it up to two clear sight spaces so Sandshrew doesn't have to be engaged for it to work. But that's just an idea for the night. I might have something else in the morning.
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
As for Swift, I like it, but it's not really the move I think of when I think of Sandshrew. Maybe something like Fury Swipes, but as a power rather than special attack where Sandshrew can attack again if it rolls at least two skulls (like Hawthorne's special attack, but for its normal attack). I'm fine with keeping Swift though.
I agree that Fury Swipes is a much better fit than Swift.

For Fury Swipes, why not do a D20 roll? 1-10 attack twice, 11-17 attack three times, 18-20 attack 4 times. I know you guys don't want too many D20 reliant powers but you gotta admit, this would work pretty well.

Quote:
As for Sand Attack, I think of it more as a defensive move rather than offensive. What about something like this:

Sand Attack-When an opponent's figure adjacent to this Sandshrew begins a normal attack, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a (#) or higher, that figure may not attack for the rest of its turn.
Not a bad idea. I prefer this to the current version.
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:12 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Why aren't we giving Sand Attack the same power as Smokesceen? They did the same effect in the game and I figured they might do the same thing in Poke'scape.
I'm actually going to agree with you on this one. Sand attack and smokescreen are the same, and it would be much simpler if we treat them as such.

Old July 12th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
I'm actually going to agree with you on this one. Sand attack and smokescreen are the same, and it would be much simpler if we treat them as such.
Except that Smokescreen is a ranged version of sand attack, and sand attack is an adjacent version of smokescreen (as Bigga said).
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:14 AM

caltemus Woo who?

I see Sandshrew as a 20 or 30 point figure, for those people that have played the games, you know that he really wasnt that desirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post

Or something like that. You could even make it up to two clear sight spaces so Sandshrew doesn't have to be engaged for it to work. But that's just an idea for the night. I might have something else in the morning.
Great idea Smokescreen should be a ranged version of sand attack, and sand attack should be an adjacent version of smokescreen, since they have virtually the same function in the games.

For a special attack, he wouldnt get one, since poison sting doesn't belong, even in the games, and he is mostly a defensive pokemon. That move should be saved for Weedle anyway.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Charlie is the slightly less dexterous, Russo-Israeli KMA
Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:22 AM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Sand Attack 14
If this Sandshrew is attacked with a normal adjacent attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, this Sandshrew takes no damage.
Sound good?
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:24 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Sand Attack 14
If this Sandshrew is attacked with a normal adjacent attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die to disappear. If you roll 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, this Sandshrew takes no damage.
Sound good?
I don't think the "to disappear line is necessary. Other than that it looks good, this might be record for completion.

caltemus Woo who?

With Chardar's fix it sounds good to me.

Edit: Missed that normal attack line

Charlie is the slightly less dexterous, Russo-Israeli KMA
Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Sand Attack 14
If this Sandshrew is attacked with a normal adjacent attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die to disappear. If you roll 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, this Sandshrew takes no damage.
Sound good?
I don't think the "to disappear line is necessary. Other than that it looks good, this might be record for completion.
I got rid of it before you had the chance to "Submit Reply" I copy/pasted it from The Ninja of the Northern Wind, so it snuck in there somehow.
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Caster of Crying

Normal Adjacent attack? That ability just became useless against 90% of Pokescape. Can we make it just any Adjacent attack?
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Normal Adjacent attack? That ability just became useless against 90% of Pokescape. Can we make it just any Adjacent attack?
Another good fix.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum