Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 11th, 2010, 04:49 PM

caltemus Woo who?
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SQUIRTLE!

On a slightly tangent note, I may have found suitable figures.

http://www.pokemonzone.com/pidgey.html

The Pidgey in that link is only 1.75 inches tall, I'm not sure exactly but that sounds like it isn't too big. That site has a variety of figures that may be of use.
Also, for the proxy, don't do a front/back, do a left/right view.

Charlie is the slightly less dexterous, Russo-Israeli KMA
Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE
Old July 11th, 2010, 05:10 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good find. Some of them look ridiculous, but there are some that should work. Do you mean 1.75 inches tall? The average heroscape human is 28mm tall, slightly more than an inch. This will work for some of the bigger pokemon, but is still to big for pidgey.

As you can see some are better than others.

Old July 11th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
On a slightly tangent note, I may have found suitable figures.

http://www.pokemonzone.com/pidgey.html

The Pidgey in that link is only 1.75 inches tall, I'm not sure exactly but that sounds like it isn't too big. That site has a variety of figures that may be of use.
Also, for the proxy, don't do a front/back, do a left/right view.
We should start collecting links to post somewhere for the community so there can start making their own custom figures if they are interested in our work. I'll save this one and anymore that come our way in a word document. If anyone knows of others PM them to me or post them here.
Old July 11th, 2010, 07:52 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I have the rough draft of Sandshrew at my house, but I'm typing this from my grandparents's house. Expect it at around 7:30, providing we are able to leave soon (We live about 5 minutes apart).

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old July 11th, 2010, 09:26 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Sorry for the delay.

Quote:
Sandshrew

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert (Timid? But that's a nature...)
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Special Abilities/Attacks:

Sand Attack:
After moving and before attacking, this Sandshrew may attempt to Sand Attack. Choose an figure adjacent to this Sandshrew. Roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 1-10, nothing happens. On a roll of 11-20, the defending figure rolls 1 less defense die when being attacked by this Sandshrew's normal attack this turn.

Swift Special Attack:
(Normal) Range 5 Attack 2
When attacking with Swift Special Attack, you may add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Climb x2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, this Sandshrew may double its Height.

America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--

Last edited by NightSwipe; July 11th, 2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Changed Tunneling to Climb, edited attack.
Old July 11th, 2010, 09:38 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

It's very cool. I like what you've done there. A couple comments though:

Tunneling is cool, but doesn't really feel like tunneling to me. Strikes me as a repackaged Climb x2.

Additionally, Sandshrew's attack is all of 2; we probably don't need a die roll to make Sand Attack not broken. Another option is to make the figure hit with Sand Attack roll 1 less defense die for the rest of the round instead. Other possibilities would be reducing attack, like in the video games, or preventing the figure from making leaving engagement attacks, perhaps allowing an ally in a precarious position to escape. Swift is fine by me.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old July 11th, 2010, 09:41 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post
It's very cool. I like what you've done there. A couple comments though:

Tunneling is cool, but doesn't really feel like tunneling to me. Strikes me as a repackaged Climb x2.

Additionally, Sandshrew's attack is all of 2; we probably don't need a die roll to make Sand Attack not broken. Another option is to make the figure hit with Sand Attack roll 1 less defense die for the rest of the round instead. Other possibilities would be reducing attack, like in the video games, or preventing the figure from making leaving engagement attacks, perhaps allowing an ally in a precarious position to escape. Swift is fine by me.
I have to agree about tunneling. It does seem like a repackaged climb. I don't know what to think of his sand attack though. It seems though that if you could just use swift and get an automatic skull, then why would you ever want to use sand attack for your normal attack.
Old July 11th, 2010, 10:57 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
Sorry for the delay.

Quote:
Sandshrew

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert (Timid? But that's a nature...)
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

Special Abilities/Attacks:

Sand Attack:
After moving and before attacking, this Sandshrew may attempt to Sand Attack. Choose an figure adjacent to this Sandshrew. Roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 1-10, nothing happens. On a roll of 11-20, the defending figure rolls 1 less defense die when being attacked by this Sandshrew's normal attack this turn.

Swift Special Attack:
(Normal) Range 5 Attack 2
When attacking with Swift Special Attack, you may add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Tunneling
When moving up or down levels of terrain, this Sandshrew may double its Height.
Ok, first impression, this is not going to work.
What I see that I like is Sand Attack, but that needs to be reworded. It sounds a little clunky there at the beginning.
Swift is just not going to work and needs to be removed. Two reasons why:
1) Sandshrew doesn't get Swift until level 30 and by then he is Sandslash. Save it for Sandslash please.
2) And this is very important for all Trainers - Not every Pokemon is going to have a special attack.
Tunneling is just repackaged Climb. You would do better to change it to Earth Elemental's Underground Movement. That mechanic is sound and more what you are going for I think.
If you remove Swift, I could even see upping his attack to 3 to balance him more. You could possibly even add say a Defense Curl or Poison Sting to him, but Swift has got to go.
The rest looks pretty good.

Now, before everyone starts whining and complaining, remember, these customs we are creating are primarily based on the R/B/G, G/S/C and E/D/P versions of these Pokemon, and we should try to stay as true to those versions as possible. Please consider that before posting new Pokemon.
Old July 11th, 2010, 11:23 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you wanted to give him a special attack Poison Sting would work instead of swift.

Old July 11th, 2010, 11:49 PM

Yeah, I kind renamed "Climb" "Tunneling", but either one works.

Actually, Sandshrew learns Swift at level 15. It evolves at level 22.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/027.shtml

And I typed in a 2 instead of a 3 for attack.

Any suggestions on how to fix Sand Attack?

And I forgot the bio for Sandshrew:

I kind of meant for him to be a mid-late game cleanup. He might also be used as a minor squad killer with swift, and a minor hero killer with Sand Attack and his normal attack.

--NightSwipe--

Last edited by NightSwipe; July 11th, 2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Forgot the bio.
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:18 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
Yeah, I kind renamed "Climb" "Tunneling", but either one works.

Actually, Sandshrew learns Swift at level 15. It evolves at level 22.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/027.shtml

And I typed in a 2 instead of a 3 for attack.

Any suggestions on how to fix Sand Attack?

And I forgot the bio for Sandshrew:

I kind of meant for him to be a mid-late game cleanup. He might also be used as a minor squad killer with swift, and a minor hero killer with Sand Attack and his normal attack.
You're right on the Swift. My mistake. Was only looking at R/B/G. Still think you should want on it for Sandslash, but, if you are adamant about keeping it, is your card.
Try this...
Sand Attack 11
After moving and before attacking, choose any small or medium figure within 6 clear sight spaces of this Sandshrew. Roll the 20‑sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure rolls one less defense die if attacked by this Sandshrew this turn.
And seriously, try this...
Tunneling
Instead of moving normally with this Sandshrew, you may immediately place it on any empty non-water space that is within 5 spaces of that this Sandshrew and is no higher than 1 level above this Sandshrew's height or 3 levels below this Sandshrew's base. If this Sandshrewis engaged when it starts its Tunneling, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.
I see this being a higher costed figure from the looks of it. In the 80 to 90 range.
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:24 AM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SANDSHREW!

I'm with Wulf on this one. Swift is fine, but it's always felt like a higher-level move to me. The earth elemental version of Tunneling is way more thematic, as well. Still not convinced that Sand Attack needs a d20, though with a 2 attack, it's more likely. Just not liking the trend of every other pokemon having a d20-based attack.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum