Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old September 26th, 2019, 07:28 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Editing

He does have more going on than Ne-Gok-Sa, though I think that it's not unreasonably so. Wounding as a requirement should be very easy even for new players to understand (removing it for just Enslave leaves most of the confusing parts intact), and the second power is one of the simplest ones amongst the set.

I'd rank his overall complexity above Ne-Gok-Sa but under the Airborne Elite, personally. Mimring is a bit of a special case because he's extremely easy to understand and many of the issues with Fireline aren't encountered by most people.
Old September 29th, 2019, 12:50 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I still think taking the wound requirement out might be goo.d
Old September 29th, 2019, 03:05 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I would rather make a change like that based on playtesting feedback.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 29th, 2019, 03:46 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Alright. Let’s see if we can cut complexity elsewhere.
Old September 29th, 2019, 09:23 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Like I mentioned earlier, I don't think that Tetsuo is really in a place where we can make easy cuts to the card without cutting into the theme or playstyle. The wound requirements for his boost and Mind Jack are both vital to the design, and I think that they're each workable if we don't go overboard on designs elsewhere.

My personal preference at this point is to decide upon a replacement name for Neural Enhancement (I still like Overload, but if I'm the only person bothered by the drug implication then I can be outvoted on some variant of Stimulant) and move Tetsuo forward to testing. If he's truly too complicated, we can make changes based on that feedback.
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:08 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
but if I'm the only person bothered by the drug implication.
IMO, Neural Enhancement doesn't necessarily imply drugs. It can just as easily and maybe even more likely be some kind of electrical stimulation, or cyborg parts, or something like that which taps into the unused potential of the mind/body.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
but if I'm the only person bothered by the drug implication.
IMO, Neural Enhancement doesn't necessarily imply drugs. It can just as easily and maybe even more likely be some kind of electrical stimulation, or cyborg parts, or something like that which taps into the unused potential of the mind/body.
It's Neural Stimulant/Neurostim that I don't like. I'm fine with Neural Enhancement for exactly this reason.
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:21 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'm not opposed to Neurostim either simply because it is a genre trope, but you had mentioned Enhancement in your post so I was making sure we were on the same page.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I'm not opposed to Neurostim either simply because it is a genre trope, but you had mentioned Enhancement in your post so I was making sure we were on the same page.
Blame my verbosity.

The reason why I said that I'd like to replace Enhancement and then move on to Testing is because concern was being expressed over it being too vague to be thematic. I'm personally fine with Neural Enhancement, but it didn't seem like it'd pass muster. That recent post was just saying that I can be outvoted on Neural Stimulator, so don't worry, we're all on the same page.
Old October 15th, 2019, 09:18 PM

Is anyone opposed to taking a quick poll of our personal preferences for the second power name to decide things? I don't mind being outvoted if the majority prefers the stimulant reference, and I'd like for us to get Tetsuo to Testing.

My personal list hasn't really changed:
1. Overload
2. Reprogram
3. Overclock
4. Neural Enhancement
5. Neurostim
6. Neural Stimulant/Neural Stimulator
Old October 17th, 2019, 04:22 AM

I’m fine with Neurostim/Neurostimulant or Overclock.
Old October 17th, 2019, 01:04 PM

Alright, let's get this ironed out so we can move on to Testing. This is the best sense of opinions that I can get from the past couple of pages:

@All Your Pie
Slight preference for Overload

@Astroking112
Overload > Reprogram > Overclock > Neural Enhancement > Not Neurostim or any Stimulant variant

@capsocrates
Neurostim > Neural Overclock > Neural Overload > Neural Hack

@flameslayer93
Neurostim > Overload > Overclock > Not Neural Hack nor Reprogram

@NecroBlade
Neural Enhancement > Neural Stimulator > Neural Hack

@Pumpkin_King
Neurostim or Overclock

Please correct me if I'm not representing anything correctly or if I missed something.

It seems like a variant on either Overload or Overclock could be a fine compromise to me. Neurostim also has a good deal of support, but it looks like Overload/Overclock are relatively high on nearly everyone's list without having any major detractors so far.

Last edited by Astroking112; October 17th, 2019 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Added AYP's preference.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs