Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

View Poll Results: Jotun vs. Sgt. Drake (SotM)
Jotun 6 50.00%
Sgt. Drake (SotM) 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 1st, 2013, 09:40 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Δ+ Unit Debate #1 -- Jotun vs. Sgt. Drake Alexander (SotM)

Well met!

This poll was inspired by the latest
Unit Debate #67 -- Jotun vs. Fen Hydra. Many of the arguments concerning Jotun's lack of "playability" had to do with his cost of 225 points. But even at Δ+ pricing, 190 vs. 145, the Debate pretty much covers the issue. It got me thinking, though, about how a Debate in Δ+ between units of the same value would be more of a contest than most of those in Classic, and what costs the same as Jotun in Δ+ . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; March 3rd, 2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:52 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Δ+ Unit Debate #1 -- Jotun vs. Sgt. Drake Alexander (Sot

I voted Drake as he could play Cat and Mouse pinging Jotun from afar with his pistol fire while staying out of reach, until he's wounded enough to finish off with a melee attack.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:58 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

hhhm. Drake seems more useful and easier to fight with (Thorian Speed), but Jotun is awesome and has Throw.

Drake is superior though I think. Thorian Speed and Ranged SA is better than a 35% chance at an autowound and a Melee SA imo.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 02:22 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

As of today, 3/3/13, the voting stands even, at 3 apiece (not counting my vote).
I suspect the following might inform the votes for Drake:

From
The ∆ Bargain Bin - A Classic Perspective:

It will be a long, long time, if ever, before there will be anyone who uses
pricing without having first played using Classic. Until that time, everyone's take on ∆ has been, is, and will continue to be, colored by his/her experience building armies under the original pricing system. This means that I, and, I postulate, no one, can judge, without prejudice, the pricing of any unit, as its price will always be seen, to a greater or lesser extent, in light of its Classic price.

The
Heroscape matchup calculator (9-22-10 update) never gives the victory to Jotun over Drake less than 80% of the time, albeit with no Pistol Fire Special Attack. Drake would have to move within 5 spaces to use it, enabling Jotun to most likely counter with 8 Attack and Throw. In general, while Grapple Arm is nice, Thorian Speed is not as valuable as it once was, given the current plethora of units with Special Attacks. Drake has all the advantages and disadvantages of his size (Medium) vs. Jotun's (Huge). Otherwise, Jotun has 1 more Life and 2 more Attack.

In Classic, due solely to price, I'd never choose Jotun. In
Δ+, under most circumstances, I'd take Jotun.

P.S.: Now 6-6!

Last edited by kolakoski; March 3rd, 2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:32 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

In Classic, due solely to price, I'd never choose Jotun [over Drake]. In
Δ+, under most circumstances, I'd take Jotun.
One of those exceptions:

Nyah! Nyah! Nyah-Nyah! Nyah!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions