Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 1st, 2008, 09:26 AM

kboleen is surprisingly tart
Re: World of warcraft minis game.

The cost is going to be out of my price range: three figures in a booster for $14.99. I may purchase a few favorites on eBay, but I don't see myself getting these minis on a regular basis.

The scale is the same as the Lord of the Rings Tradeable Miniature Game (LOTR TMG) which is 40mm as well.

"Be of good courage..."
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:45 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboleen View Post
The cost is going to be out of my price range: three figures in a booster for $14.99. I may purchase a few favorites on eBay, but I don't see myself getting these minis on a regular basis.

The scale is the same as the Lord of the Rings Tradeable Miniature Game (LOTR TMG) which is 40mm as well.
If $14.99 for 3 is the correct price, I'm afraid I'm out as well.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:59 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker

Ouch! I'm out as well, unless I can find some commons cheap on the secondary market

Collectible, schmectible!
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

Ahh, the wonderful memories of Onyxia and being way too low of a level to even attempt her, lol.

I don't think I'll be buying many of these minis or even playing this game. The minis do look really nice though.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old May 8th, 2008, 05:14 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I say I will most likely not get any but then again.....you never know.
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:42 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post

it does not look like you need alot of figures to play. anyone know how the game itself will play? The problem will be the blind purchases. How many packs do you have to buy to really get started? Ebay may be the best option.

Looks cool so far. I hope it is fun to play. Can't wait. If you can't afford it, it will be coming out in time for Santa!

How much is a starter set?

Old June 14th, 2008, 11:08 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabbie View Post
Quote:

it does not look like you need alot of figures to play. anyone know how the game itself will play? The problem will be the blind purchases. How many packs do you have to buy to really get started? Ebay may be the best option.

Looks cool so far. I hope it is fun to play. Can't wait. If you can't afford it, it will be coming out in time for Santa!

How much is a starter set?
The website is set up. Check out http://www.wowminis.com/

Quote:

Starter Set
Contents: 2 Exclusive Alliance Minis
2 Exclusive Horde Minis
4 Character Cards,
8 Action Bar Cards
6 UBases
6 Custom Dice
Game Map
Core Set Checklist
Rulebook
Price: $24.99 MSRP

Right out of the box, you’ll have two Horde minis and two Alliance minis, perfect for quick 2v2 games as you’re learning to play. These minis are also unique to the Starter Set, which means that any Booster Pack can enhance the play experience.

Booster Pack
Contents: 3 Random Minis
3 Character Cards
6 Action Bar Cards
Price: $14.99 MSRP

As with most games, Booster Packs will be key to building your party. Each pack contains three minis from one of the three factions, either Horde, Alliance, or Monster. The faction will be randomly determined, so don’t worry about searching for a Booster Pack with Monster artwork just because you’re looking for some new Monster minis.

Inside each Booster you’ll find two Common minis and one Rare. One of the first things you’ll notice is that with the World of Warcraft Miniatures, even a Common is an amazingly detailed sculpt. We worked hard to make sure that every figure is a work of art and you’ll want to keep them all for a dynamic game experience or to display. One in eight Boosters will contain an Epic mini in place of a Common.
I know that Blizzard will be running a demo event/tournament at GenCon. Does anyone know how to get in on that?

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old June 14th, 2008, 11:51 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think I'll pick up the starter and a couple of boosters. The more previews they release, the cooler the minis/game looks.
Old June 14th, 2008, 08:45 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I think I'll pick up the starter and a couple of boosters. The more previews they release, the cooler the minis/game looks.
Agreed brother, I may give it a shake as well....
Old June 16th, 2008, 08:49 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Quote:
Agreed brother, I may give it a shake as well....
Good deal. Then we'll have to get together and play
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:29 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

I intend to at least pick up the starter box. I'll let the game itself dictate whether I pick up any more product, because the quality of the game is what makes the price too much or too little.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old July 3rd, 2008, 07:53 AM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

The gameplay sound's kinda cool. They just started posting it here.

Heroscape is the first mini game that I've gotten into. For you veterans, how does WoW Mini's gameplay sound like it compares to other minis games? Is it just a reinvention of the same old stuff?

I'm looking forward to this. The sculpts look great.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures