Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old July 31st, 2006, 01:46 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Star Wars Space Combat miniature game

Star Wars Minis will branch out into space combat in early 2007 I'm pretty excited. Being a Star Wars fan I always loved space combat and now it can be played.

WOTC description
Ship-to-ship game play, and powerful starfleets at your command! Build your fleet, challenge your friends, and conquer the galaxy. Assemble starfighters, transports, and capital ships from across the Star Wars saga into unstoppable armadas! Pit fleet against fleet in fast, head-to-head combat involving maneuverable starships and massive weapon platforms! Will the forces of the dark side crush the galaxy, or will the champions of the light side prevail? The fate of worlds rests in your hands! Contains 8 randomized, fully painted, plastic miniatures, 2 exclusive miniatures—Super Star Destroyer Executor and Mon Calamari Star Defender Viscount, full-color game stat cards, fully illustrated battle map, 20-sided die, rulebook, 2 Fleet Commander cards, Damage and Command counters.

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old July 31st, 2006, 01:52 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice find of the box set picture. Thanks for posting the pics and info.

Newb.
Old July 31st, 2006, 02:25 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I've been waiting impatiently for these.

Old July 31st, 2006, 03:15 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!

This is the Star Wars mini game that I've been waiting for. It's the entire reason I have my game table covered in a giant space decal.

YAY!

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:21 PM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!

This is the Star Wars mini game that I've been waiting for. It's the entire reason I have my game table covered in a giant space decal.

YAY!
Ahhh! I though it was because you like playing the WK Rocketmen game.

Here's hoping this new game has a little bit more to it than the current mini game.

Newb.
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:24 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun
I will be quite curious if the rules are similar to Battlespace by Fasa. I have always though that that was a good capital ship battle game engine.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:34 PM

Logrey has disabled reputation
I'm just hoping for rules that aren't a rehashed version of the Axis and Allies Miniatures. I want something with some substance. Already, I've heard it's a square based map and I was hoping for a hex one (anyone play the old Star Warriors game from West End Games? If not, check it out on the Geek. Most intricate SW game ever.)

For this I'm actually going to break my "no collectible game" rule. But if they make X-Wings and Tie Fighters *rare* then I will probably drop it, 'cause that's all I really care about. I have bad visions of the common units being "Corellian Frigate" and "Troop Transport". *snore*
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logrey
I'm just hoping for rules that aren't a rehashed version of the Axis and Allies Miniatures. I want somethign with some substance. Already, I've heard it's a square based map and I was hoping for a hex one (anyone play the old Star Warriors game from West End Games? If not, check it out on the Geek. Most intrecate SW game ever.)

For this I'm actually going to break my "no collectible game" rule. But if they make X-Wings and Tie Fighters *rare* then I will probably drop it, 'cause that's all I really care about. I have bad visions of the common units being "Corellian Frigate" and "Troop Transport". *snore*
Star Warriors rocked! I'll probably pick up this game just for the minis to be used in that game.

I agree also about the possible rarity issue. I don't care if the make Luke's X-Wing a rare but they should have generic X-Wings as a common or no greater then an uncommon.

Newb.
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:45 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Oh man, how does one decide on which games to pursue and which to ignore when new ones that catch the eye keep popping up! And I love Star Wars to boot. Sheesh, the wife is gonna kill me some day.

Now, about the Xwings. I imagine fighters, in order to keep to scale, will come in flights (2-4 small ones on a base) unless the box in Fallen Templar's picture is 6' tall.
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:52 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Dammit! Squares??? Fine, but I'm breaking their crappy "no diagonal" rule. I know you can move diagonally, but when it costs you 2 movement points, what was the freakin' point???

*Shambles off somewhere to sulk...*
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:53 PM

Logrey has disabled reputation
Here's the booster box images:

It looks like individual ships on the side and not small squads of them.
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:53 PM

They've already stated that the scale will not be 100% accurate.

Some pics of the boosters (you can see individual figs for TIEs and X-Wings on the sides of the boxes):

My guess is the scale will be similar to the old Micro-Machines figures (those were the days.)

EDIT: LOL! Simultaneous posting.

Some more info from the Realms website (this is supposedly from a very good source though):

Quote:
My information comes directly from the design team at Winter Fantasy 2006 in Arlington.

The fighters will not be in scale with the capital ships.
Fighters will be small (1x1) and medium (1x1) size bases (not tiny).
Capital ships will be large (2x2) and huge (3x3).

Rumor (please remember these are rumors not facts)
The death star will come in 2 halves
With only 40 figs (38 after the two set figs from the starter) factions will not get alot of ships each (to start out)
factions in the base set (rebel, imperial, fringe, Vong? - I don't think so)
Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures