Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:35 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Front Page Article- Heroscape/Heroclix Discussion

The front page article is a great breakdown of the differences between HS and HC. Please do not let this thread go into a game bashing one. Instead, discuss the merits of the article, what's missing or your overall opinion on the subject. No "HS or HC suckzorz!"

Personally I played HC for a long time and enjoyed it while I did. The main reason I stopped playing it was because of the expense in blind boosters. I had to stop when I purchased about 280 dollars worth of boosters for a new set and didn't manage to complete the set. I had less than half the uniques and none of the good ones and didn't complete all the commons sets. It was disheartening and impossible to justify to my wife. Then HS came with it's clear boosters and I decided it was for me. I have also spent a lot on HS , but on smaller doses and buying only what I like.

I'll talk more later about my experience with HC.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:28 PM

Manchine has disabled reputation
I am probable one of the Biggest Hero Clix fans there was. A short time ago I had everything. As of late Hero Clix has been lacking. From the Character Selection to the powers each character has. I have wanted something more. Marvel Heroscape is something I am looking forward to. From Character Creations, which I did a lot of work on that in Hero Clix. To added house rules for objects. Right now it just seems so open and so full of possibilities.

The Biggest thing I don't like about Heroscape is not having a wide arrange of figures to choose from. I am not even talking about just Marvel Figures. DC needs some Heroscape love and I would love to see some Indy Figures.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchine
The Biggest thing I don't like about Heroscape is not having a wide arrange of figures to choose from. I am not even talking about just Marvel Figures. DC needs some Heroscape love and I would love to see some Indy Figures.
That's what makes Heroclix great, we can use the cool figures for Heroscape customs. I want Heroclix to continue to produce
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Quote:
That's what makes Heroclix great, we can use the cool figures for Heroscape customs. I want Heroclix to continue to produce

True but I would like Official figures. Not made up figures. I have already taken a look at some peoples creations and thought what the heck.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:34 PM

oni is surprisingly tart
Quote:
DC needs some Heroscape love and I would love to see some Indy Figures.

Amen! I want a Dark Knight Returns beat down on the Boy in Blue.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old August 3rd, 2007, 07:45 PM

webhead817 Woo who?
In terms of character variety, obviously scape will have some catching up to do. And even if five years, they might not end up with as many different characters as are in clix now (assuming they will always have smaller sets).

HOWEVER, if they continue to focus more on big name characters, a good number of the "main" characters could be released within a year or so.

MARVEL AttackTix Battle Figure Game Game Developer
TRANSFORMERS Bot Shots Battle Game Game Designer
The Avengers Loki's Mercenaries
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by oni
Quote:

I would love to see some Indy characters, too. Marion and Short Round... squads of those worshippers from Temple of Doom with a Remove Heart ability... and Nazis... who doesn't love Nazis...?

... what?
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:10 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Originally Posted by oni
Quote:

I would love to see some Indy characters, too. Marion and Short Round... squads of those worshippers from Temple of Doom with a Remove Heart ability... and Nazis... who doesn't love Nazis...?

... what?
I agree wholeheartedly.
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:43 PM

The Ghost has disabled reputation
NOTSEES !!!??? DID EYE HERE NOTSEES???

**** The Ghost ****
Old August 5th, 2007, 08:48 PM

webhead817 Woo who?
You know...one thing that occured to me comparing the first set of Clix to the first of Scape...sure, there were a lot more figs in the first Clix set...but I never even played most of them. With much smaller sets, it seems you are almost guaranteed to play with all of the scape figures you get...

MARVEL AttackTix Battle Figure Game Game Developer
TRANSFORMERS Bot Shots Battle Game Game Designer
The Avengers Loki's Mercenaries
Old August 8th, 2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead817
You know...one thing that occured to me comparing the first set of Clix to the first of Scape...sure, there were a lot more figs in the first Clix set...but I never even played most of them. With much smaller sets, it seems you are almost guaranteed to play with all of the scape figures you get...
You know I think I played every figure in the IC set or at least pretty close to it. The thing is there was a 6 month gap between IC and CT. I would still like to have more varity then 10 figures. 50 figures would be about right.
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:31 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Starting with only 10 figures boggled my mind. THAT'S what's going to make or break this game, how quickly new figures are released and how well they're embraced by the consumers. Doc Ock, Thing and Human Torch, maybe even Sandman, will help move these packs fairly well, I believe. However, if they ever 'guess wrong' about a particular pack's assortment, that might mean the end of the game.

I don't know the thinking at Hasbro, but if the wrong bean counter decides Marvelscape is no longer selling well due to a pack sitting on the shelves... I guess we'll have Baron Zemo, Doug Ramsey, Moon Knight, Warlock and Viper to thank.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News