Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old July 22nd, 2007, 11:39 PM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
Me vs. Me 500 points each. ;)

OK, instead of waiting around for another few months to try and get somebody to play HS with, I decided to play against myself (again). My armies for this showdown were:

Army 1:
Q9
Ne-Gok-Sa
Finn
Thorgrim
Eldgrim
Theracus

Army 2:
Jotun
Kaemon Awa
Raelin
Zettians

Care to guess who won?

The battle went down a little something like this...
Q9 advances to the central height of the map, while the Zettians do they same. Since the Zettians had the back-up of Raelin, the initial range war was completely fruitless for both sides. Jotun gets sent in to try and swat down the Major. Upon seeing this, Theracus grabs Finn and takes flight to intercept Jotun and block Kaemon from advancing to height. Theracus gets one good hit in on Jotun with his 5 dice (Height+Finn), but Jotun with his 6 defense dice (thanks to Raelin) just laughs it off, and proceeds to smash the Griffilin and his rider in two turns, clearing the way to Q9. Jotun's big ol' butt climbing up that hill even blocked Q9's LOS to Raelin... who simply had to die. Deciding that Jotun would die a lot quicker without his guardian angel, Q9 steps aside from the map's highest point (3 spaces in size) to shoot at Raelin. Three attacks of 3 were more than sufficient to end Raelin in a single turn. Unfortunately, it would be the last thing Q9 would do. Jotun double turns thanks to a good initiative roll and takes Q9's perch away before he can regain it. Two turns worth of 9-die attacks and Q9 is no more. At this point Army 1 has lost 3 units including Q9 (Finn was placed on NGS), and only managed to destroy Raelin and place 3 wounds on Jotun. That's right, boys and girls. Army 1 now has no ranged units against Kaemon, Jotun, and the Zettians. What's an army to do? Send in the Viking for a spectacular death! Thorgrim rushes toward Jotun only to be picked off by Kaemon before ever entering engagement. He also goes on the Marro Warlord. What happens next is nothing short of epic. Ne-Gok-Sa, empowered by the spirits of the vikings (except Eldgrim, who was still in the starting zone polishing his sword) proceeds to give Jotun a beating before Mind-Shackling him! The Marro sends Jotun over to block the opponents' escape route, then gives them an evil look like a wolf eyeing a wounded kitten. Ne-Gok-Sa then single-handedly destroys Kaemon and the Zettians, using Jotun merely as a two based roadblock to prevent fleeing.

What do we learn from this, class? We have just learned that a Marro Warlord with 4 attack, 7 defense, and 5 life is a force to be reckoned with.

Oh, and when the battle was done, Ne-Gok-Sa had suffered a measly two wounds, and those were both given to him by Jotun before he got shackled.

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old July 23rd, 2007, 12:14 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
Don't you have any family to play with? Good battle. Love it when Q9 gets destroyed.

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 02:22 PM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
Nope, just my mother and my daughter. My daughter's only 3 1/2years old, so she's not much competition. She is, however, a savant when it comes to positioning armies in their starting zones. She (accidentally) taught me an incredibly effective battle formation for using zombies.

Speaking of which. She informed me over the weekend that the Warriors of Ashra aren't all girls. Two of them apparently are "boys in skirts".

Did you also know that Little People are magnetically drawn to Heroscape castles? It's amazing! Every time I turn around there's a little Fisher Price prince or princess figure sitting in the tower or looking over the battlements.

Actually, I have a couple friends who play, but I don't get to see them much since I have no car, one runs three successful businesses from his home (he pretty much works around the clock lately), and the other (who's only played once) is a stay at home dad who lives an hour away. Me and him should be getting together some time soon... I hope.

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old July 23rd, 2007, 04:00 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
Well good luck.

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:33 PM

Glitch has disabled reputation
I have always wanted to play a game against my self since my 3 other friends that I play against aren't much of a challenge (unless given an extreme advantage). The only problem I have with a game against yourself, is that you always know what the other team is going to do. And at least I always have a favorite army that I want to win .

P.S. Did you use the Automated Battle Rules when you played?
Old July 24th, 2007, 01:51 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperactiveSloth
...She (accidentally) taught me an incredibly effective battle formation for using zombies. ...
Care to share that battle formation?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports