Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old September 4th, 2019, 06:22 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

So if I sent a few minis south you'd be be able to make a 3d printable version? If so I have a few figures that need to be common that I could use more of.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; September 4th, 2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old September 4th, 2019, 10:33 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
So if I sent a few minis south you'd be be able to make a 3d printable version? If so I have a few figures that need to be common that I could use more of.
Yes, if you send them south to Houston

PM me for my address and let me know what models you'll be sending. I'll take photos and send them back within a week. Then give me a week or two more to turn them into 3d models.
Old September 5th, 2019, 02:18 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Awesome. Gladiatrons next?
Only if someone wants to send me some to photograph.
You created these from photos?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
A lot of them. WK has a rig that rotates the mini while his camera takes a ton of pics.
I use 40 pictures taken all around the figure.

40 pictures was the limit for 123D Catch. Now that I use 3DF Zephyr, I could actually use 50 pictures with the free version (200+ pictures with the paid version, but I don't have that). But I stick with 40 because that's how I programmed the microcontroller.

See this post
Looks like you can get the lite version with a 500 photo limit for $150. With all that you're doing for the community, I'm sure people would happily donate to the "lite fund" if you started a gofundme. That is, if you think it will make a difference. Your work is going to keep heroscape accessible for years to come.
Old September 5th, 2019, 04:29 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Looks like you can get the lite version with a 500 photo limit for $150. With all that you're doing for the community, I'm sure people would happily donate to the "lite fund" if you started a gofundme. That is, if you think it will make a difference. Your work is going to keep heroscape accessible for years to come.
The lite version has a 14 day free trial. Let me see if I can install that version and then try to put in 200 photos and see 1) if it makes a difference, and 2) how long it takes to make a model on my laptop.

Right now, with 40 pictures, it takes my laptop about 12 hours to create a model. Some day I'll upgrade to a computer with a CUDA enabled video card, which should decrease that time, but not right now with two boys in college.

If the LITE version makes that much of a difference, I might consider a gofundme.

Edit:
Does anyone know the minimum I would need to build up a desktop with a CUDA enabled video card? I'm thinking a shell, a power supply, a motherboard, a 1 Tb hard drive, a CUDA graphics card, and a monitor. Low end is fine--it will still be much better than my laptop.

If I can get the price down to a reasonable amount I may be able to sell the idea to my wife.
Old September 5th, 2019, 06:03 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
The lite version has a 14 day free trial. Let me see if I can install that version and then try to put in 200 photos and see 1) if it makes a difference, and 2) how long it takes to make a model on my laptop.

Right now, with 40 pictures, it takes my laptop about 12 hours to create a model. Some day I'll upgrade to a computer with a CUDA enabled video card, which should decrease that time, but not right now with two boys in college.

If the LITE version makes that much of a difference, I might consider a gofundme.

Edit:
Does anyone know the minimum I would need to build up a desktop with a CUDA enabled video card? I'm thinking a shell, a power supply, a motherboard, a 1 Tb hard drive, a CUDA graphics card, and a monitor. Low end is fine--it will still be much better than my laptop.

If I can get the price down to a reasonable amount I may be able to sell the idea to my wife.
Brother, gofundme all of that! Lol.
Old September 6th, 2019, 12:01 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks WK, I'm printing out my first Kaddu rider now. I'm running it at .1 layer height with 99% infill using some solutech 3d white filament I got from @mac122 . So far the couple of models I've printed with the white are coming out beautifully with just my default print settings on extruder heat and bed heat settings. If this Kaddu turns out good, I'll set a whole print bed of them and the shield bearers overnight. I just have such a backlog of unpainted minis that it is a little crazy for me to print more of them.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 6th, 2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Thanks WK, I'm printing out my first Kaddu rider now. I'm running it at .1 layer height with 99% infill using some solutech 3d white filament I got from @mac122 . So far the couple of models I've printed with the white are coming out beautifully with just my default print settings on extruder heat and bed heat settings. If this Kaddu turns out good, I'll set a whole print bed of them and the shield bearers overnight. I just have such a backlog of unpainted minis that it is a little crazy for me to print more of them.
My printer was underextruding, which is probably why my Kaadu riders were so weak. I think I've fixed 99% of the problem. I just have to figure out why the last 3 kaadu riders have all failed at the same half-way layer height. I think the base is coming loose from the bed--I'm going to re-level the bed and see if that fixes it. The bottom portions of the riders have been much more solid, and I did get one good print yesterday that seems pretty solid.

Note: I have those with built-in pillar supports if you want them. I don't know how easy it will be to remove support material from figures so delicate.
Old September 6th, 2019, 10:11 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What did you do to fix the under extrusion?
Old September 6th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I've only tried the Kaadu rider once, so far. Not sure I had it scaled correctly, but it was close. Most printed OK, except for the rider's right arm was apparently blown off by a lucky droid shot. Just some squiggly remnants hanging from his shoulder.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 6th, 2019, 11:50 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I've only tried the Kaadu rider once, so far. Not sure I had it scaled correctly, but it was close. Most printed OK, except for the rider's right arm was apparently blown off by a lucky droid shot. Just some squiggly remnants hanging from his shoulder.
I finished printing 4 kaadu riders this morning. Then only thing I could see im.proving on the file was, I think the staff must be a hair lower on the print surface because I have support under the rider base, the feather looking things that stick up behind the rider would print better if they were a little more chunky. 3 of the 4 tallest ones are about 1/4 inch shorter at the top. If the right arm were a little thicker it might print better as well. Mine came out fine though. Mac, I scale mine up 2540% and that makes them dead on. Depends what your program uses but Im thinking 25.4 would work if yours is in the alternate standard measurements. Overall they dont look fun to pull supports on but Ill try tonight after work. The models look pretty clean and Im impressed with the details that came through. Thanks WK.

Old September 6th, 2019, 11:53 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What did you do to fix the under extrusion?
Usually the nozzle is gunked up and needs cleaned or replaced. It could also be a flow rate setting not high enough, filament that doesnt conform to its size standard, or a failing gear that pulls the filament through. Thats just some of what Ive dealt with in the past.

Old September 6th, 2019, 12:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks TREX. Trying to assimilate all this info so I do not get too frustrated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing