Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old December 16th, 2020, 07:03 PM

Lucace knows what's in an order marker Lucace knows what's in an order marker
Re: Index of 3D Scans of Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Is there any interest in putting pre supported build plates of figures on here. Granted its not too big of a pain to do. Im no professional as far as supports go but am pretty good at it. Im making all my chitubox buildplates into stl files for my brother so he can slice them for his anycubic photon. No sense in us both doing the work. I fill the entire build plate up when possible. Some units are combined on a plate. Commons are generally put on a build plate with each other and uniques are put on a plate with each other. Sometimes Ill throw some extra common heroes on a build plate to fill a unique one. Ex. Fire elementals. I fit 9 on a plate but also threw a couple in with my kitbashed unique quasatch models. Scapedood your work is top notch. I cant remember what you said to do about the one fyorlag spider that is only a half spider?
I would be very interested in these if you have easy access to them! I just ordered a photon and am excited to get started. Any tips for anything?

Also, I am wondering if any of these models need to be scaled or anything or if they are good after download? I am using Chitubox currently but would switch if anyone has any recommendations for slicing software to use.

Lucace is a Tagawa Samurai...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old December 16th, 2020, 07:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucace View Post
Quote:
Is there any interest in putting pre supported build plates of figures on here. Granted its not too big of a pain to do. Im no professional as far as supports go but am pretty good at it. Im making all my chitubox buildplates into stl files for my brother so he can slice them for his anycubic photon. No sense in us both doing the work. I fill the entire build plate up when possible. Some units are combined on a plate. Commons are generally put on a build plate with each other and uniques are put on a plate with each other. Sometimes Ill throw some extra common heroes on a build plate to fill a unique one. Ex. Fire elementals. I fit 9 on a plate but also threw a couple in with my kitbashed unique quasatch models. Scapedood your work is top notch. I cant remember what you said to do about the one fyorlag spider that is only a half spider?
I would be very interested in these if you have easy access to them! I just ordered a photon and am excited to get started. Any tips for anything?

Also, I am wondering if any of these models need to be scaled or anything or if they are good after download? I am using Chitubox currently but would switch if anyone has any recommendations for slicing software to use.
All of scapedoods models are the right size. I've ran into a couple very small issues on just a few of them but nothing that can't be easily fixed. I looked into loading up full build plates of models on here, but the load times it would take me to put them on here would be horrendously slow for me. My pointers for using chitubox for supports is using medium auto supports at 60% density with your models rotated roughly 15% backward. The reason for the slightly tilted models is so there is less suction force and smaller areas such as the heel of the foot rather than the whole foot to start at once creating less failures. I recommend a Youtuber called 3d Printing Pro. He does a great job describing islands and how to support models to make files without fails. I do use auto supports but also go in afterwards and manually place supports where I see that it missed them. It does that from time to time. If the area is particularly large, I'll even place a few heavy supports.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 16th, 2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:

All of scapedoods models are the right size. I've ran into a couple very small issues on just a few of them but nothing that can't be easily fixed. I looked into loading up full build plates of models on here, but the load times it would take me to put them on here would be horrendously slow for me. My pointers for using chitubox for supports is using medium auto supports at 60% density with your models rotated roughly 15% backward. The reason for the slightly tilted models is so there is less suction force and smaller areas such as the heel of the foot rather than the whole foot to start at once creating less failures. I recommend a Youtuber called 3d Printing Pro. He does a great job describing islands and how to support models to make files without fails. I do use auto supports but also go in afterwards and manually place supports where I see that it missed them. It does that from time to time. If the area is particularly large, I'll even place a few heavy supports.
That is perfect. Thank you so much for your help. I’m excited to try it!

in the
Garden of Horror...
Old December 17th, 2020, 07:08 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I recently switched from Chitubox's supports to PrusaSlicer's.

My process is as follows:

1. Setup PrusaSlicer, as an SL1 printer (it won't matter what's your printer).
2. Load model in PrusaSlicer.
3. Auto orient mini (repeat as many times as needed until it's oriented without supports in critical parts, like faces).
4. Auto support mini.
5. Export mini with supports.
6. Load supported mini in Chitubox.
7. Fix print file in Photo File Validator.

Repeat steps 2-7 for each mini. Since I've been doing this I've had no problems with my prints.
Old January 8th, 2021, 03:31 PM

I’ve been printing a ton of stuff off on my new photon and can’t believe how great they are turning out. If anyone is hesitant to buy a printer, I can’t recommend it enough.
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks to all of the work that whiteknight and scapedood are doing, everyone should be able to get all of the heroscape they could ever want. The even better thing is that they can do it for a fraction of the price that things were selling for back when things were still being released.

in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 8th, 2021, 04:24 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
I’ve been printing a ton of stuff off on my new photon and can’t believe how great they are turning out. If anyone is hesitant to buy a printer, I can’t recommend it enough.
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks to all of the work that whiteknight and scapedood are doing, everyone should be able to get all of the heroscape they could ever want. The even better thing is that they can do it for a fraction of the price that things were selling for back when things were still being released.
Not sure what resin you are using but, I just switched over to siraya tech fast grey. Ive mixed it in with my mix of longer and anycubic resin that was in my vat to finish them off. Even with a mix of it, it has made the last handful of prints much more sturdy and less fragile. I highly recommend it. Ive printed hundreds of models. Hopefully you are filling your buildplate to the max to get more minis quickly. I also love the models and recommend resin printing to get as much scape as you want for a fraction of the price.

Old January 8th, 2021, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

Not sure what resin you are using but, I just switched over to siraya tech fast grey. Ive mixed it in with my mix of longer and anycubic resin that was in my vat to finish them off. Even with a mix of it, it has made the last handful of prints much more sturdy and less fragile. I highly recommend it. Ive printed hundreds of models. Hopefully you are filling your buildplate to the max to get more minis quickly. I also love the models and recommend resin printing to get as much scape as you want for a fraction of the price.
I’ve been getting as much as I think I can on the build plates. 3D printer pro on YouTube that you recommended has been a huge help. I’ll definitely check out that resin. I bought a 3 kg of the elegoo white resin and that’s what I’ve been using so far with no problems.

in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 8th, 2021, 07:26 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I use Siraya fast also--mostly the smoky gray color. The figures are definitely more durable than regular resin.
Old January 8th, 2021, 09:35 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

I’ve been getting as much as I think I can on the build plates. 3D printer pro on YouTube that you recommended has been a huge help. I’ll definitely check out that resin. I bought a 3 kg of the elegoo white resin and that’s what I’ve been using so far with no problems.
If you dont mind the color variation you can mix a smaller amount of siraya in with the other stuff and it will sturdy them up even then.

Old January 8th, 2021, 09:37 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I use Siraya fast also--mostly the smoky gray color. The figures are definitely more durable than regular resin.
I love this stuff. If you can make those files available for those c3v figures, Ill help you do them all this weekend. I can handle them easily with my new best friend Meshmixer.

Old January 8th, 2021, 11:06 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
I love this stuff. If you can make those files available for those c3v figures, Ill help you do them all this weekend. I can handle them easily with my new best friend Meshmixer.
I'm getting there. I'll definitely post some tonight.
Old January 8th, 2021, 11:23 PM

Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Allow me to try to help. I have made a mod with tokens and cards (they are different) for the army cards for all the C3V and SoV units. The rate limiting step has been getting models for figures, so this should go fast!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm getting there. I'll definitely post some tonight.
Thank you so much for doing this!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing