Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 22nd, 2011, 10:54 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Double Post...stupid smart phone
Old November 22nd, 2011, 10:59 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

After a long dry spell I finally got in a game of War of the Ring:CE tonight. This was game #30.

The Free People (me) won by destroying the Ring. But this was a very wild game. The Shadow made very quick work of Helms Deep, Edoras, and Minis Tirith. The Ring wasn't making any progress and Frodo was accumulating much corruption. It looked like a short game with an easy Shadow military victory.

But then hope was reborn.

The ents awoke and helped reclaim Helms Deep and capture Isengard. Aragorn was made King and drove back the dark army from southern Gondor. The ents also crippled Sauron's army that threatened Loth Lorien, allowing Galadriel and Legolas to fend off the attack.

With The Eye in quite a frenzy Frodo and Sam snuck into Mordor with Gollum leading the way. Some athelas and Bilbo's song healed 5 point of corruption. In much better spirits Frodo and Sam sprinted to The Crack of Doom, and before Gollum even knew what was happening, the Ring was gone.

Man, I LOVE this game! Best gaming money I ever spent. And all for the low cost of $12.07 per game.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 11:52 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Been a while, but I've been playing some Invasion lately. The dwarves are hilariously fun. Nothing makes me happier than ignoring three damage a round and then healing 3 damage to my capital at the start of my turn. Also got in a few games of Gear of War the other night. The Berserker is a pain in the rear. He kills us every time.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:07 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Alas... "War of the Ring" ...and... "Fortress America" are two other games collecting dust in my attic - never played. Gosh, I need new friends more than I need any more new games.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:51 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played two games of Game of Thrones: The Living Card Game last night. We're getting a little faster at it now that we have a better idea of what is in the cards.

The first matchup had me using the Starks against the Lannisters. I thought this would be a close match as the two times these families were used in the past, they dominated their opponents (Targaryeons and Baratheons, respectively). Both families are good at forcing the other to lose cards, Starks with Military conquest and Lannisters with Intrigue battles. Not only that, but the Starks are weak in Intrigue (while Lannisters are strong, obviously) and Lannisters are weaker in Military conquest. And yet, the Starks moved too fast for the Lannisters to ever get going, and won this match a solid 15-0.

The second game was closer, as my brother used the Targaryeons vs my Lannisters. The Targs have a lot of items/attachments they can bring into play making them extremely powerful, and they have the ability to grab those attachments back from the discard pile everytime they play a new Targ unit. It took me a while to get any gold generating units out, and suffered because of it. This match went longer, and I had moments of greatness, but it eventually ended at 15-7.

Still very much enjoying this game, and think it may be a new favourite. Will have to see if the 'new game feeling' wears off and lowers my excitement about it.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 08:01 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Been a while, but I've been playing some Invasion lately. The dwarves are hilariously fun. Nothing makes me happier than ignoring three damage a round and then healing 3 damage to my capital at the start of my turn.
Yeah, the Dwarfs are great. We've fallen off the WH:I wagon recently, though it's been on the periphery of my mind lately.

----

Game of Scape last night and a game of Ascension: Return of the Fallen.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old November 23rd, 2011, 08:45 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Still very much enjoying this game, and think it may be a new favourite. Will have to see if the 'new game feeling' wears off and lowers my excitement about it.
If you got sucked into Heroscape because of all the different ways you can build an army, then you might need to be careful with GoT because it can get the same kind of hooks into you once you start tweaking family decks for tournament play. I have two friends who have gone down this road and after I saw the $$$ they put into it -- I realized this was their version of Heroscape.

Old November 23rd, 2011, 08:46 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

After some work with kolakoski and a local print shop, I've obtained two "copies" of promo game pieces: one for the Greek mythology game Cyclades (the Manticore creature card that will be used with the Hades expansion) and one for the Norse mythology game Yggdrasil (Odin's wife Frigg as a playable goddess). The gods bless our tech!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:26 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
If you got sucked into Heroscape because of all the different ways you can build an army, then you might need to be careful with GoT because it can get the same kind of hooks into you once you start tweaking family decks for tournament play. I have two friends who have gone down this road and after I saw the $$$ they put into it -- I realized this was their version of Heroscape.
I'll never likely get to tournament play, but I do plan on expanding my Game of Thrones decks. I’ll start first just by adding the two additional families. I don’t think I’ll buy everything else though. I’ll just pick up specific packs I want for specific characters. Unlike Heroscape, the decks are abundantly available, so there’s no pressure to buy 4x an entire wave upon it’s release so you don’t risk missing out.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:36 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I dominated some High Elves in a game of Warhammer last night!

Also I finished painting Corbin
Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:59 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very nice paint job! Is he a Dwarf? Because he looks like one.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Old November 23rd, 2011, 11:38 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Been a while, but I've been playing some Invasion lately. The dwarves are hilariously fun. Nothing makes me happier than ignoring three damage a round and then healing 3 damage to my capital at the start of my turn.
Yeah, the Dwarfs are great. We've fallen off the WH:I wagon recently, though it's been on the periphery of my mind lately.

----

Game of Scape last night and a game of Ascension: Return of the Fallen.
I find the dark elves to be hilariously fun. Nothing beats seeing an opponent pay a high cost to bring a beast of a unit into play so you can hex it, rendering it useless. Another favorite is using hexes that forces an opponent to randomly discard cards and seeing a reaction when a discarded card is a good card.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games